Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mette-Marit - NEWS  (Read 850414 times)
Nightowl

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #2730 on: December 04, 2019, 10:49:31 AM »

It is amazing to realize the slimy cesspit of poo our world Leaders and "betters" socialize in, isn't it? It seems that where money and power is concerned there is no such thing as integrity and ethics.
You aren't out because you are a digusting human being, you are out if you can't deliver the goods any more.
And quite apparently Epstein continued to deliver, so the rich and wanna-be powers continued to include and gag, embrace him.

Boy I sure do agree with your comment 100%, Thank you for saying what I wanted to so much better then I could...
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #2731 on: December 04, 2019, 03:57:14 PM »

https://www.vg.no/nyheter...er-saken-er-en-laerepenge

Kokkvold about Mette-Marit's meetings with Epstein: - Hope this case is a lesson
Per Edgar Kokkvold is amazed that Jeffrey Epstein's criminal history apparently went under the radar at the Palace. VG has sent the Royal House a number of questions about Mette-Marit's relationship with Epstein, but they refuse to answer.

- I hope the case is a lesson. First and foremost for those who are tasked to make sure the royals are aware of these kind of things, says Per Edgar Kokkvold, former secretary general of the Norwegian Press Association and former head of the Broadcasting Council, to VG.

When Mette-Marit says she did not know the severity and extent of Jeffrey Epstein's criminal acts, there is reason to believe that she is speaking true, Kokkvold believes.

- But someone should have made sure that she knew what she is saying she didn't know. That those who are tasked with the following failed to convey this to the Crown Princess, is strange, he says, referring to the counselors she has around her.

A Google search away
The meetings between Mette-Marit and Epstein are supposed to have taken place from 2011 to 2013, that is, long after the conviction was published. Political editor at DN, Kjetil B. Alstadheim, thinks that Palace and its advisers should have been better informed.

- One might wonder if they have Google at the Palace. This was at a time when Jeffrey Epstein was convicted and sentenced to a 13-month sentence. This was a Google search away.

He also referred to the BBC interview with British Prince Andrew, who says he went to New York in 2010 to end his friendship with Epstein, when he thought it was inappropriate to have such a connection with a convicted felon. It was the year after this that Mette-Marit, according to the Palce, met Epstein for the first time. Mette-Marit met him several times in the US, also at his home, and once in Oslo, writes Dagens Næringsliv, who first brought up the case.

The Royal House Information Manager, Guri Hofstad Varpe, has informed VG that Epstein has never been to Skaugum. The Crown Princess and Epstein are said to have been introduced by friends abroad, and according to the Palace, several people were present during the meetings.

Verpe informs VG that Epstein has never given money or offered to give money to the two foundations which the Crown Princess works with.

Dagens Næringsliv writes that they sent a number of questions about the relationship between Mette-Marit and Epstein to the Castle on November 22. It wasn't until Monday this week, a week and a half later, that they received a response. Kokkvold refuses to believe that the Crown Princess was unavailable throughout this period.

- They cannot ponder that long as to what to answer in such a case. It must have been possible to respond earlier, he says.

When asked if the public has the right to know about these meetings, Kokkvold answers yes.

- The royals are the most public of all people, so of course they must expect to be asked about this.

Kokkvold says he is pleased that the media has put the spotlight on "those who would like to be among us without facing criticism of any kind".

Varpe tells VG that they have no comment on Kokkvold's statements.

On Monday, VG sent a number of questions to the Castle (see below). Varpe briefly answered one of the questions (see below), but otherwise stated the following: "We have nothing more to add than what we have already said."

Regarding the follow-up questions about why the Palace will not answer, Varpe stated that "we have answered a number of questions from DN. We refer to these answers, which we feel are quite complementary. "

Questions from VG that the Palace has answered
A number of questions have been asked in the past about who paid for the Crown Prince couple's yacht trip in 2015. Can you answer this now? Did this holiday have anything to do with Epstein?
- This had nothing to do with Epstein at all, says Guri Hofstad Varpe, Head of Information at the Royal House.

Questions from VG that the Palace has not answered
Who introduced Jeffrey Epstein and the Crown Princess?
Who else was present when they met?
Did they only meet in a private context?
In the DN case, the Crown Princess says she "should have investigated Epstein's past more closely". Does that mean she was aware of some of his past?
What is common for background checks regarding the Crown Princess' contacts?
Were there routines that could have hindered contact with Jeffrey Epstein?
The palace informs DN that the meetings between the two took place in social contexts. What kind of social contexts?
DN states that they sent you questions about this matter on November 22. Why did you spend a week and a half answering these?
Epstein had several homes, including in New York, Florida and Paris. What is the reason you would not say in which of them Mette-Marit and Epstein met?
What is the reason why Crown Princess Mette-Marit has not spoken about these meetings herself?
Should Mette-Marit on their own initiative have gone out and informed about this?
SouthernBelle

Big Member

United States United States

With my thumbs I like to think I'm probably useful

Ignore
« Reply #2732 on: December 05, 2019, 04:16:54 AM »

People magazine has picked up the story as well. MM met Epstein after his conviction, so I'm surprised the palace didn't run a background check on him since he was hanging out with the future queen. And how could she not now human trafficking was a serious crime?

Norway's Crown Princess Mette-Marit Confirms — and 'Regrets' — Ties to Jeffrey Epstein
https://people.com/royals...-ties-to-jeffrey-epstein/

Booklover

Warned
Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #2733 on: December 05, 2019, 04:36:46 PM »

People are suddenly coming out of the woodwork to admit they had a friendship with Epstein, and if course,  regretting all of it. Strange. Tip of the iceberg I think. Nono
Booklover

Warned
Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #2734 on: December 05, 2019, 04:38:42 PM »

Congratulations, Southern Belle on 2000 posts.  Star
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2735 on: December 05, 2019, 04:43:34 PM »

Congratulations on 2000 posts, Southern Belle!  Star
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #2736 on: December 05, 2019, 04:49:25 PM »

Congratulations in 2000 posts, SB. Star
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #2737 on: December 05, 2019, 05:49:51 PM »

Haakon commented on MM's meetings with Epstein today: https://www.vg.no/nyheter...kronprinsessen-er-lei-seg

The Crown Princess has chosen to be open about the fact that she met him a few times, regrets that she did not check his background more closely, and is sorry about that.
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #2738 on: December 05, 2019, 06:05:06 PM »

Makes me wonder what he had on her!

Banana Congratulations Southernbelle  Champagne

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
leatherface

Huge Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #2739 on: December 05, 2019, 06:08:09 PM »

Haakon commented on MM's meetings with Epstein today: https://www.vg.no/nyheter...kronprinsessen-er-lei-seg

The Crown Princess has chosen to be open about the fact that she met him a few times, regrets that she did not check his background more closely, and is sorry about that.

After she was outed  Roll Eyes

Congratulations on 2000 posts SouthernBelle  Champagne
Curtains

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #2740 on: December 05, 2019, 08:12:03 PM »

Yup.

“Sure, I regret eating all of the wedding cake before anyone arrived for the reception, and for throwing their cake topper into the river, and I’m awfully sorry.  Ish.”

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
Lady Liebe

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #2741 on: December 05, 2019, 08:56:31 PM »

Yup.

“Sure, I regret eating all of the wedding cake before anyone arrived for the reception, and for throwing their cake topper into the river, and I’m awfully sorry.  Ish.”

Laugh bounce

Congrats on 2000 posts SouthernBelle  Champagne  Here's to many more.  Star
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #2742 on: December 05, 2019, 10:25:24 PM »

Yup.

Laughing  Star

And the little people don’t need cake anyway.
Kemenate

Mini Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #2743 on: December 05, 2019, 10:29:02 PM »

Can't she be pressured to answer those DN questions?
scarlett123

Baby Member

Philippines Philippines

Ignore
« Reply #2744 on: Today at 08:37:41 AM »

Can't she be pressured to answer those DN questions?

THIS. Why is it Royals seem to get away with even the littlest bit of accountability?
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: