Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 259   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tiara  (Read 1954859 times)
ronda

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2415 on: June 17, 2013, 03:42:17 PM »

$12.7 million?!! All money?! Hollllyyyyy.,.. Wow.

However, I don't think I necessarily enjoy the design too much. Might be in the minority but I don't really like how the Emeralds got squished together, each magnificent stone not given enough room to shine, to breathe, and to be appreciated fully. Maybe the original wearer had a small head circumference? Maybe they should do away with about 2 emeralds?

I much prefer Queen Vic's gothic emerald&diamond designed by her husband.
http://www.internetstones...signed-prince-albert.html

It has more space in between, and a sense of airyness.

Queen Vic's gothic emerald & diamond Tiara is a real beauty too. I love it !!!!

Smiley...Knowledge is Power...Smiley
kingcanut

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #2416 on: June 17, 2013, 04:22:25 PM »

A close up to Sophie's tiara (I don't know wether the blue gems are aquamarines or alexandrites)

The only thing that made me dislike this setup,is the two prongs showing in the middle. Reminds me too much like transistor prongs or electrical plugs. Like so:

Yes, that's the exact problem I have with it. Those prongs are way too obvious Thumb down
Her wedding tiara also has high prong which doesn't make it look good.

"Think and let think".
hanzo1
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #2417 on: June 17, 2013, 04:53:46 PM »

I like tiara which is formed without having much space/gap between its precious gems. Can not find picture of the piece below in tiara form but I can imagine how pretty it is as a tiara.

Art Deco diamond tiara/necklace/bracelet, circa 1935

more info in: http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/19751/lot/183/

Pictures source

I. WANT!

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

Future Crayon

Humongous Member

Iceland Iceland

fusty

Ignore
« Reply #2418 on: June 18, 2013, 07:34:16 AM »

That's an awful tiara
Galuh

Ginormous Member

Tuvalu Tuvalu

Mary & Michael, twins separated at birth?

Ignore
« Reply #2419 on: June 18, 2013, 01:31:06 PM »

Countess of Iveagh, Gwendolen Florence Mary Guinness (born Onslow) (info of her)
Either the tiara has big size or the countess is a petite woman (or the both), the tiara looks too big for her for sure.

Cathleen Florence May (born Candy), Duchess of Newcastle was wearing unusual looking tiara, but gosh...look at those dripping diamonds on her  Sweating

« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 01:40:45 PM by Galuh » Logged

Galuh

Ginormous Member

Tuvalu Tuvalu

Mary & Michael, twins separated at birth?

Ignore
« Reply #2420 on: June 18, 2013, 01:39:18 PM »

L'Imperatrice tiara and parure

"Known as L'Imperatrice,  because its design is even more splendid than the archetypal parure of the same stones which was created for and worn by S.A.R Madame la Duchesse d'Angouleme, Dauphine of France and only surviving child of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette - she  married the son and heir of  France's King Charles X,  and has gone down in history as possessing the most splendid jewels of any woman who ever walked the face of this earth- this parure consists of the finest blue sapphires, brilliant-cut blue/white diamonds, and pearls.  It is set in white gold, and is unrivalled in elegance. Despite being so jaw-droppingly stunning that it should be vulgar, L'Imperatrice somehow contrives to remain the epitome of restrained yet sumptuous good taste."

The Alexander Parure - Ruby & Diamond Parure

"This parure of Burmese rubies and brilliant-cut white diamonds consists of the tiara, necklace, chandelier earrings, bracelet, and ring set in white 18 carat gold.The parure consisting of tiara, necklace, cathedral earrings, bracelet and ring with slight variations but with stones of a similar size and quality has a base price of  395,000. "

Just noticed both necklaces above have same design pattern to their tiaras, it reminds me of the ones belong to Japanese imperial ladies.

kingcanut

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #2421 on: June 20, 2013, 06:20:08 AM »

I like tiara which is formed without having much space/gap between its precious gems. Can not find picture of the piece below in tiara form but I can imagine how pretty it is as a tiara.

Art Deco diamond tiara/necklace/bracelet, circa 1935

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/...YPBs1DYeA/s1600/whole.jpg
 http://3.bp.blogspot.com/...w/7AsaitKydhw/s1600/1.jpg
 http://2.bp.blogspot.com/...o/yqqaVRtB84E/s1600/2.jpg

more info in: http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/19751/lot/183/

Pictures source

I. WANT!
Me too 

That's an awful tiara

It looks worst worn with most of Sophie's hairstyle, as we can see clearly in the picture below a hairpin holding the tiara on to Sophie's head (it supposed to be hidden behind her hair).

« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 07:32:36 AM by kingcanut » Logged

"Think and let think".
kingcanut

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #2422 on: June 20, 2013, 06:35:41 AM »

This is a Chaumet diamond tiara and it also has high prong, with a central element of a fleur-de-lis.

Another diamonds kokoshnik tiara with high prong

Tiara with spiral prong, it is a simple, emerald-cut diamond tiara.

"Think and let think".
kingcanut

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #2423 on: June 20, 2013, 06:47:20 AM »

russian tiaras are, imo, the prettiest.
I am not very sure if it is the prettiest among world royal jewel but they usually full of amazing size of beautiful precious gems 

This one is one of my favourite russian tiaras (Sorry I don't know how to reduce picture)

Its matching necklace

They are only replicas, the real one once was the personal property of Tsarina Alexandra of Russia. The tiara and necklace come with matching earrings and brooch.

Source: royalexhibitions.co.uk

"Think and let think".
debbydeb

Gigantic Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #2424 on: June 20, 2013, 07:18:33 AM »

Tiaras that are small, compact, and understated. (of course they cost a bomb and not "cheap" at all, but still). Anyway on the right person... amazing Wink

Art deco tiara c.1915
I find this quite nice, the black borders are surprisingly endearing at least to me.

The Gina Lolobrigida necklace/tiara/bracelet.

And the not so small.

Them are huge emeralds!
The Barbara Hutton healing tip: When ill, wear a tiara to bed. Smiley

Madame de Champassak's tiara.
I guess this is to be worn lower to the brow?

--via the amazing blingyblog jewelhistory.com

Also, I wonder if this is an early sketch of what is now the Cameo Tiara?
http://pinterest.com/pin/71142869084576660/
Future Crayon

Humongous Member

Iceland Iceland

fusty

Ignore
« Reply #2425 on: June 20, 2013, 07:26:15 AM »

Tiaras that are small, compact, and understated. (of course they cost a bomb and not "cheap" at all, but still). Anyway on the right person... amazing Wink

Art deco tiara c.1915
I find this quite nice, the black borders are surprisingly endearing at least to me.

That's a lovely tiara - modern and classic, understated yet glamorous!
kingcanut

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #2426 on: June 20, 2013, 07:38:33 AM »

The Gina Lolobrigida necklace/tiara/bracelet.
  would look lovely worn as necklace too.

Also, I wonder if this is an early sketch of what is now the Cameo Tiara?
http://pinterest.com/pin/71142869084576660/
interesting, it could be  Thinking

"Think and let think".
debbydeb

Gigantic Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #2427 on: June 20, 2013, 11:02:16 AM »

Just as fashion designers sketch out their version of Kate's wedding dress, jewelry designers sketch out Tiaras for Kate to wear Smiley

Royal Asscher

Van Cleef

Chopard
(reminds me of Great Gatsby era Smiley )

Alexis Bittar
(maybe for Sofia Hellqvist)

Judity Ripka

Isharya
(reminds me of something to be foisted off to Charlene)

John Hardy

Tacori

Fenton/Fallon
(i know it's supposed to be laurel wreaths on the bottom row. But again, reminds me something up Sofia's alley)

Cathy Waterman

Swarovski
(Ice Queen Tilda Swinton?)

Anita Ko.

From (and Read the descriptions) here: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/57993620.html
Cloaked

Muted
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #2428 on: June 20, 2013, 11:07:52 AM »

Thanks for all the new pictures.  Star Star Star
I love wallowing in them    - such precious stones and creative and precise artisan work.
The Russian set with oblong blue topaz (or aquamarine) is divine!
Elena

Baby Member

Philippines Philippines

Ignore
« Reply #2429 on: June 20, 2013, 11:57:11 AM »

I am not very sure if it is the prettiest among world royal jewel but they usually full of amazing size of beautiful precious gems  

This one is one of my favourite russian tiaras (Sorry I don't know how to reduce picture)

http://royalexhibitions.f...ess.com/2010/05/76018.jpg

Its matching necklace

http://royalexhibitions.f...ss.com/2010/05/700181.jpg

They are only replicas, the real one once was the personal property of Tsarina Alexandra of Russia. The tiara and necklace come with matching earrings and brooch.

Source: royalexhibitions.co.uk

sorry if i remove the img tags! just don't want to quote the pics and slow the pageload. but yes, i think the "prettiest" is dependent on taste and the russian jewels are in my opinion, ones that fit mine, haha. the amount of diamonds they contain are just amazing (which makes sense, there are MANY diamond mines in the country and their locations were pretty hidden until a bit after the revolution) it's just rather disappointing that we rarely get to see the whole lot of them. i'm glad some of them managed to escape Russia and have gotten around various royal families though Smiley i don't mind a whole lot on who's head i see them on, as long as they see the light of day.

as for the high prong tiaras...i guess it depends on the design of the prongs itself and how they're worn. I absolutely adore the tiara with the spiral prong, doesn't look tacky at all Smiley and hey, if it can be hidden in...let's say the Duchess of Cornwall's poofy/thick tiara hair then it wouldn't be much of an issue haha

never trust anyone who can bite an ice cream without flinching.
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 259   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: