Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 330   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tiara  (Read 3276852 times)
autumn

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2007, 06:22:23 PM »

My opinion is that the giant bun ruined the whole look. When Mosh first made her appearance, I didn't even realize she was wearing a tiara, it was overwhelmed by the hair. And the bun did make the veil lay wierd. Didn't her hair dresser do a "hair rehearsal"? Many "commoner" brides I know worked with their hairdressers long before the actual wedding, trying to find a nice look that would accomodate their headgear of choice.
lynda

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2007, 07:44:11 PM »

I like Mary's tiara - but it is indeed a bit small.
IIRC - didn't Margrethe + Henrik buy the tiara at an auction?Huh?
I think this is weird. I don't know much about royal jewlery in general, but I assume that all the other CP's got tiaras from within the famliy? Didn't the DRF have a tiara they could give to Mosh?
Mmmmmh, the earrings she wore to the wedding were made especially for her. Maybe to make up for the tiny, auction-bought tiara???  Thinking

Perhaps as the wedding day drew closer the Queen had some second thoughts about giving Mary an heirloom Tiara, from a historical point of view it was probably cheaper to buy one at auction to give to Mary ... just in case.  Whereas Queen Igrid's ruby-set belongs to the State and must be given back so Christian's bride may have them
gpanr5

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2007, 07:47:06 PM »

Which Queen has the most impressive collection?   A lot of the tiara pages I used to look at are now gone.  I thought that QEII has the most impressive collection.
Galuh

Ginormous Member

Tuvalu Tuvalu

Mary & Michael, twins separated at birth?

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2007, 08:43:44 PM »

Perhaps as the wedding day drew closer the Queen had some second thoughts about giving Mary an heirloom Tiara, from a historical point of view it was probably cheaper to buy one at auction to give to Mary ... just in case.  Whereas Queen Igrid's ruby-set belongs to the State and must be given back so Christian's bride may have them

I heard that they bought the tiara in auction.

I think that the queen (and prince consort) had learned from what has happened with joachim marriage then they don't want to loose any other family heirloom tiara, but to buy a new "bigger" tiara was not in their list becaused the cost of the wedding itself already very costly (and as I know so far DRF is not one of the richest royal family).

If I'm not mistaken Ingrid tiara is a private collection (not belongs to state), the tiara was given to Frederik to be worn by his wife. I am not sure if Mary is allowed to take the tiara with her if the marriage doesn't work (I more think that she is not) Thinking. for the small tiara, it belongs to Mary and she can take it with her if they divorce.

Galuh

Ginormous Member

Tuvalu Tuvalu

Mary & Michael, twins separated at birth?

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2007, 08:50:13 PM »

Which Queen has the most impressive collection?   A lot of the tiara pages I used to look at are now gone.  I thought that QEII has the most impressive collection.

For European queen I would say Queen Elizabeth II (first); Queen Beatrix (second) and Queen Silvia (third) Thinking

Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2007, 08:58:12 PM »

Why is the Danish Royal Family not that wealthy? Maybe they could learn from their Dutch cousins and make a good investment, ie Dutch Shell Oil Company.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2007, 10:47:08 PM »

For European queen I would say Queen Elizabeth II (first); Queen Beatrix (second) and Queen Silvia (third) Thinking
Agree 100%.
However no#1 and no#3 are a bit stingy with sharing their toys...
So three hoorrays to the QueenBee.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
lynda

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2007, 01:35:16 AM »

I heard that they bought the tiara in auction.

I think that the queen (and prince consort) had learned from what has happened with joachim marriage then they don't want to loose any other family heirloom tiara, but to buy a new "bigger" tiara was not in their list becaused the cost of the wedding itself already very costly (and as I know so far DRF is not one of the richest royal family).

My understanding is you are correct.  Mary's auction-bought Tiara is hers to take with her.  Queen Ingrid's ruby collection is not and must be passed to Christian's wife.  I also "think" the beautiful pearls that Prince Henrik gifted Mary with is also for her to take, along with the engagement ring and all the other goodies that she has convinced Frederick to purchase for her, including the WalMart Special Bella necklace..  Getting rid of Mary will not come without cost. 
    The Charles & Diana wedding cost about 52milion.
The Netherland Wedding cost the public about 21,600,000.   and the Royal Family 12,400,000.   I haven't a clue in what domination those figures are and how they translate of US$
    And if they shuld get a divorce Mary will take everything her paws can lay claim to.

If I'm not mistaken Ingrid tiara is a private collection (not belongs to state), the tiara was given to Frederik to be worn by his wife. I am not sure if Mary is allowed to take the tiara with her if the marriage doesn't work (I more think that she is not) Thinking. for the small tiara, it belongs to Mary and she can take it with her if they divorce.
Hilo

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2007, 01:50:13 AM »

That is my understanding, too. The ruby parure belongs to Frederick and is not part of the state jewels. The teardrop tiara will most likely be given to the bride of Nicolas or Felix by Alexandra. It is odd that Queen Margrethe did not "save" a tiara for the crown princess who Frederick would eventually wed.
hanzo1

Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2007, 10:42:42 AM »

of course Marg is cheap so she won't buy It but a few suggestions :
http://www.christies.com/...artments/jls/overview.asp

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2007, 10:59:38 AM »

There is a pink diamond ring, that I find quite tasteless,it measures up to three carats and cost about $1.8mil. I could bet that Mary had something like that in mind when she pushed for the push present.... Connie

When the Poltimore was sold, I had some awkward moments, when some poster on another board stated, that clues were hinting at a danish buyer....
However, even if I would have cringed every time  I 'd seen it on Mary, at least it wouldn't be lost for the public for the rest of Marys public life...

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Dandelion

Medium Member

South Africa South Africa

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2007, 03:31:43 PM »

Well, now the Poltimore is a decent size tiara!!
Looking trough the few gems, I remember last year when Ellen Barkins jewels were listed - I looked through page and page whilst drooling for she had some very nice pieces!
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2007, 03:33:29 PM »

DId you look at the things that Princess Margreths (how on earth do you spell her name?) heirs set up for sale?

Mary's life motto:
Chris

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2007, 07:04:36 PM »

Well, now the Poltimore is a decent size tiara!! 

Yes siree!!  Isn't it a shame that the big auction houses don't reveal the winners of the auctioned items?  I'd love to know who won the Poltimore tiara...and what in the world she's going to do with it.  After all, that's not something you slap on to pick up the kiddies from school.
Ugly Betty

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2007, 07:26:57 PM »

DId you look at the things that Princess Margreths (how on earth do you spell her name?) heirs set up for sale?

I remember there being quite the to-do about David and Sarah selling some of Margaret's items.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 330   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: