Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 286   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tiara  (Read 2325472 times)
kingcanut

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #4230 on: November 18, 2018, 11:05:59 PM »

I found this picture in google,

Closed up picture of tiara:

This link has information about the tiara above being listed in Sotheby’s Fine Jewels- 20 March 2018

"Think and let think".
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4231 on: November 19, 2018, 02:56:13 AM »

yup, she took a page out of Yrma's tiara booklet...getting a new/bigger one at an auction

Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #4232 on: November 19, 2018, 05:42:46 PM »

Two tiaras on Christie's upcoming auctions:

- A late 19th century diamond tiara. Old and rose-cut diamonds, silver and gold.
https://www.christies.com...2e-4aab-9461-e68be9bcb8ad

- A French origin tiara, late 19th century diamonds and fine white stones. Old-cut diamonds and rose-cut diamonds, circular-cut white stones, 18K gold (750) and silver (925). From Bapst & Fils jewellery house.
https://www.christies.com...2e-4aab-9461-e68be9bcb8ad

genegal43

Large Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #4233 on: November 19, 2018, 05:46:26 PM »

That second one looks very pretty!  I wish I could scrounge up the money to get it!

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
SvenskaSarah

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4234 on: November 22, 2018, 01:56:31 AM »

I apologise if this has already been covered, I've not had time to read the whole thread, but is there any consensus or thought amongst royal dishers which tiara Charlotte will inherit? I imagine the Cambridge lovers knot will be her designated tiara, seeing as she is the eldest/only daughter of the future king, and the link to Diana etc. At the same time I can see something smaller like the halo scroll being her most often used and the Cambridge lovers knot being saved for George's wife, and used by Kate for a long time to come.
Pomme

Huge Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #4235 on: November 22, 2018, 10:27:17 AM »

@SvenskaSarah:

Diana nor Charles ever owned the lover's knot, it was on loan from the queen. Just like it's on loan to Kate now.

Many of the tiaras/jewels in the BRF are QEII's personal property. Others are part of the Crown's (ie, only for the monarch to wear, or the consort, or to be worn by someone else if the monarch let's them.).

The "Cambridge lover's knot" is actually not that, but a copy of it commissioned by Queen Mary, QEII's grandmother, hence better known as Queen Mary's Lover's Knot tiara.
The Original true CLK-tiara is still around, you will find it with a quick google.

Anyway, QEII inherited this tiara (with a metric ton of other jewellery) in 1953 when Q Mary died. It is therefore the Queen's personal property.
Depending on what she will do to avoid the very high death taxes on her personal property that her children will have to pay, she may designate it to The Crown, so it cannot be sold.

It will be for the new monarch (i.e. Charles) to decide who is going to wear it. It will stay with the crown when he dies, and when his son will become King (William), and has a go at deciding who'll be wearing it. His consort, Kate (Catherine) will be the most likely candidate.

And many decades later, it will be the next monarch (one expects this to be George, he may become Prince of Wales but most likely get the Duke of Cambridge tilte from his dad) to decide who is going to wear it. I doubt it will be his sister Charlotte rather than his future wife.

None of these women will own the thing.

The Queen may however decide to give it to her grandchildren (just like Mary did to her) and let William, Duke of Cambridge, to decide what happens to it. He will most likely let Kate wear it, but as time passes, he will be the monarch and Kate will have all the goodies that are Crown Jewels to wear, plus whatever William has bought for her. So in that case, William may well let Charlotte wear it. But whatever Charles or other children or grandchildren will inherit, there's taxes to be paid, and possibly stuff to be sold off to pay for it. Same when Charles passes.

Because the QMLK is so iconic, I doubt it will go the way of the Fife - ie sold to the state to pay for death duties (taxes). Nobody will ever wear it again, but we can seen it on display. So it may well become a crown jewel

The Dutch by the way, have put most of their Jewels in a foundation to avoid these taxes and breaking up of their collection. Max is on the board of this foundation, but the foundation as a whole is quite generous lending the goods to the women in the extended royal family).

The tiara collection of the BRF is HUGE. The emerald tiara that Eugenie wore at her wedding was inherited by Queen Mary in 1942 and never worn in public, so who knows what beauties are still patiently waiting to be worn. There will be plenty of them for Charlotte to wear.

As it happens, Charlotte will not become a Duchess of Cambridge.
The last Duke of Cambridge before the title was reinstated for William upon his marriage to Kate, died in 1904 and his titles reverted to the crown because his children didn't qualify for it (due to the Royal Marriages Act 1772).
The original Cambridge Lover's knot stayed in this family (OoS website has the full story), and was recently seen for the first time in a while at a wedding in Germany, it being bought at auction some 40 years before. Queen Mary liked this original so much, she had the QMLK made. TBH I like the Original better  Wink

So William was given the title, and his oldest son will be the one to inherit the Cambridge dukedom. Unless the king at that time decided differently.
Charlotte is a princess but also a commoner ('untitled'). Only though marriage to a duke or by being given her own duchess title by the monarch, she will become a duchess in her own right. Dukes are higher ranked than princesses, and this is why William got the Cambridge and Harry the Sussex upon marriage.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 10:32:47 AM by Pomme » Logged

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
kingcanut

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #4236 on: November 22, 2018, 09:27:42 PM »

Dutch Royal Family's tiaras in this clip look more stunning than they do in pictures   .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8U0HkmRIso

"Think and let think".
genegal43

Large Member

All I got was a Nancy Pearl Action Figure...

Ignore
« Reply #4237 on: November 23, 2018, 03:22:16 AM »

Portland Tiara has been stolen!

https://www.nottinghampos...oured-glass-steal-2248975

Genealogy: shrinking the world one person at a time!
SvenskaSarah

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4238 on: November 29, 2018, 12:05:49 AM »

@SvenskaSarah:

Diana nor Charles ever owned the lover's knot, it was on loan from the queen. Just like it's on loan to Kate now.

Many of the tiaras/jewels in the BRF are QEII's personal property. Others are part of the Crown's (ie, only for the monarch to wear, or the consort, or to be worn by someone else if the monarch let's them.).

The "Cambridge lover's knot" is actually not that, but a copy of it commissioned by Queen Mary, QEII's grandmother, hence better known as Queen Mary's Lover's Knot tiara.
The Original true CLK-tiara is still around, you will find it with a quick google.

Anyway, QEII inherited this tiara (with a metric ton of other jewellery) in 1953 when Q Mary died. It is therefore the Queen's personal property.
Depending on what she will do to avoid the very high death taxes on her personal property that her children will have to pay, she may designate it to The Crown, so it cannot be sold.

It will be for the new monarch (i.e. Charles) to decide who is going to wear it. It will stay with the crown when he dies, and when his son will become King (William), and has a go at deciding who'll be wearing it. His consort, Kate (Catherine) will be the most likely candidate.

And many decades later, it will be the next monarch (one expects this to be George, he may become Prince of Wales but most likely get the Duke of Cambridge tilte from his dad) to decide who is going to wear it. I doubt it will be his sister Charlotte rather than his future wife.

None of these women will own the thing.

The Queen may however decide to give it to her grandchildren (just like Mary did to her) and let William, Duke of Cambridge, to decide what happens to it. He will most likely let Kate wear it, but as time passes, he will be the monarch and Kate will have all the goodies that are Crown Jewels to wear, plus whatever William has bought for her. So in that case, William may well let Charlotte wear it. But whatever Charles or other children or grandchildren will inherit, there's taxes to be paid, and possibly stuff to be sold off to pay for it. Same when Charles passes.

Because the QMLK is so iconic, I doubt it will go the way of the Fife - ie sold to the state to pay for death duties (taxes). Nobody will ever wear it again, but we can seen it on display. So it may well become a crown jewel

The Dutch by the way, have put most of their Jewels in a foundation to avoid these taxes and breaking up of their collection. Max is on the board of this foundation, but the foundation as a whole is quite generous lending the goods to the women in the extended royal family).

The tiara collection of the BRF is HUGE. The emerald tiara that Eugenie wore at her wedding was inherited by Queen Mary in 1942 and never worn in public, so who knows what beauties are still patiently waiting to be worn. There will be plenty of them for Charlotte to wear.

As it happens, Charlotte will not become a Duchess of Cambridge.
The last Duke of Cambridge before the title was reinstated for William upon his marriage to Kate, died in 1904 and his titles reverted to the crown because his children didn't qualify for it (due to the Royal Marriages Act 1772).
The original Cambridge Lover's knot stayed in this family (OoS website has the full story), and was recently seen for the first time in a while at a wedding in Germany, it being bought at auction some 40 years before. Queen Mary liked this original so much, she had the QMLK made. TBH I like the Original better  Wink

So William was given the title, and his oldest son will be the one to inherit the Cambridge dukedom. Unless the king at that time decided differently.
Charlotte is a princess but also a commoner ('untitled'). Only though marriage to a duke or by being given her own duchess title by the monarch, she will become a duchess in her own right. Dukes are higher ranked than princesses, and this is why William got the Cambridge and Harry the Sussex upon marriage.

Thank you for the information!  Thumb up

I did not realise that the QMLK was personal property, and I did not mean that Charlotte would "own" any, but which would likely be her tiara to use (bad choice of wording on my part, I do apologise!) as though she will one day be the daughter of a monarch, I'm unsure whether she'll go for any of the big guns and stick with a couple, like Princess Anne. I'm very interested to see how the Diana legacy will continue when Wills is King, particularly with regards to that tiara Smiley and of course I hope Charlotte gets a stunning one to match her personality, but at the same time I hope the burden of the past isn't put upon her!
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4239 on: November 29, 2018, 05:03:10 AM »

Quote from: Duchess of Suffolk

the Wuertembergs sapphire tiara

and the Braganza

QEII's Garrards diamond tiara

Boucheron Honeycomb Tiara

Empress Farah's tiaras

And now another WHOPPER from Spain  Thumb up

kingcanut

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #4240 on: December 21, 2018, 11:18:19 AM »

HABSBURG WEDDING DIADEM

Diamond diadem, a gift from Sisi's daughter, Archduchess Marie Valerie.

The Imperial wedding diadem (circa 1918),  contained 40ct diamonds in total, it was commissioned by the Archduchess Marie Valerie of Austria on the occasion of the wedding of her daughter Archduchess Hedwig to Count Bernhard Stolberg-Stolberg. The diadem can be separated into 7 brooches, with 3 hand-written cards, signed Countess Hedwig Stolberg-Stolberg, estimate € 60,000 – € 120,000

Source: Dorotheum

"Think and let think".
anastasia beaverhausen

Big Member

United States United States

The cat on the left has been given Miracle Gro.

Ignore
« Reply #4241 on: December 21, 2018, 03:53:43 PM »

That is so beautiful. 

Thanks King Canut!  Star
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4242 on: December 21, 2018, 06:26:52 PM »

Now that is REALLY a very unique piece.
Stunning.
Versatile, too.
And although a hundred years old, looking very modern.

royalviewers

Warned
Micro Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #4243 on: December 21, 2018, 08:27:16 PM »

HABSBURG WEDDING DIADEM

Diamond diadem, a gift from Sisi's daughter, Archduchess Marie Valerie.

The Imperial wedding diadem (circa 1918),  contained 40ct diamonds in total, it was commissioned by the Archduchess Marie Valerie of Austria on the occasion of the wedding of her daughter Archduchess Hedwig to Count Bernhard Stolberg-Stolberg. The diadem can be separated into 7 brooches, with 3 hand-written cards, signed Countess Hedwig Stolberg-Stolberg, estimate € 60,000 – € 120,000

Source: Dorotheum
Marieke

Warned
Mini Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #4244 on: December 21, 2018, 08:37:39 PM »

Lovely tiara    !

These are the different brooches :

Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 286   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: