Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 313   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tiara  (Read 2736043 times)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #4605 on: August 04, 2020, 03:45:32 PM »

But isn't that Margrethe of Denmark/Bourbon-Parma in the upper left of the photo montage?  And an Austrian archduchess (bride) to the right?  Wouldn't it suggest that the tiara came from a different family, and not the Lobkowiczes?

Unfortunately I can't visit the corresponding site of The Royal Watcher from my current location. But there you can find more info about the tiara apparently (the source of the picture with the 4 ladies)
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #4606 on: August 04, 2020, 04:02:19 PM »

But isn't that Margrethe of Denmark/Bourbon-Parma in the upper left of the photo montage?  And an Austrian archduchess (bride) to the right?  Wouldn't it suggest that the tiara came from a different family, and not the Lobkowiczes?

It is indeed princess Margaret of Denmark on the far left:

Princess Margaret was a daughter of Prince Valdemar of Denmark, youngest son of Christian IX of Denmark and Louise of Hesse-Kassel, and Princess Marie d'Orleans. She married a Catholic prince, her mother's relative, Prince René of Bourbon-Parma (17 October 1894 –  30 July 1962) on 9 June 1921.

Margaret also seems to be the elder lady, second from the right.

The bride on the far right is Princess Marie-Françoise  of Bourbon-Parma; she married Prince Edouard de Lobkowicz (12 June 1926 – 2 April 2010).

It seems Marie- Francoise's sister Maria Teresa is wearing the tiara in the following picture (BTW MT was the first European royal death due to Corona virus):

I am still trying to figure out who the lady second on the left is. Perhaps also a BP family member and/or bride, but I am certainly not sure. One of my options was Birgitte von Holstein-Ledreborg, the bride of Margaret's eldest son Prince Jacques of Bourbon Parma. But she had a different look at her wedding. https://www.amazon.ca/Vin...rg-Princess/dp/B07F95BRWH

I also considered Princess Diana Margherita of Bourbon-Parma, the only daughter and child of Prince Gaetano of Bourbon-Parma, the youngest child of Robert I, Duke of Parma and Infanta Maria Antonia of Portugal, and Princess Margarete von Thurn und Taxis. She was the second royal to have reportedly died from COVID-19.

This would suggest a Bourbon Parma link / origin for this tiara. Other sources also state that it is a Bourbon Parma floral tiara.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 04:35:13 PM by Principessa » Logged
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #4607 on: August 04, 2020, 04:28:01 PM »

If my eyes don't betray me, in this picture Madeleine de Bourbon-Busset (1898 – 1984), the wife of Prince Xavier of Bourbon- Parma is wearing the floral tiara. She is the mother of Marie Francoise and Maria Teresa

hrhpita

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4608 on: August 05, 2020, 02:20:02 AM »

In reply to a request from RD member hrhpita I checked out a tiara which was worn by Irene of the Netherlands, at the time of Bourbon Parma (due to her marriage to Carlos Hugo of Bourbon Parma, Duke of Parma):

Irene is wearing the Bourbon Parma tiara from the family of her deceased ex husband

http://royalwatcherblog.c...8/05/bourbon-parma-tiara/

As can be read in the above mentioned link, the tiara unfortunately got lost....

Thank you so much, Princepessa!  Star

What a shame.  I think that there is beautiful!  Drool

CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4609 on: August 13, 2020, 01:57:24 AM »

Countess of Bessborough's Diamond Tiara   
http://www.tiara-mania.co...015/10/diamond-tiara.html
Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #4610 on: August 13, 2020, 02:44:01 AM »

Chaumet's work is instantly recognizable, even had Rose Kennedy not famously worn it. Who is your favorite tiara designer, Cyril? I have no idea how to do it, but we should have a poll. Chaumet, Faberge, Boucheron, Cartier, Mellerio, Garrard, Asprey, etc? And we could put up examples!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 02:52:55 AM by Duchess of Verona » Logged
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4611 on: August 13, 2020, 03:22:24 AM »

Bhutanese Turquoise & Gold Bandeau Tiara

Owner: Bhutanese Royal Family

Turquoise stones and Diamonds set in gold

Queen Jetsun Pema wore it at the enthronement on Emperor Naruhito of Japan in 2019.

Also worn by Princess Ashi Dechen Wangmo at the coronation of her brother, King Jigme Singye of Bhutan, in 1974.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4612 on: August 13, 2020, 03:29:06 AM »

Queen Jetsun Pema of Bhutan's Jade Tiara

Owner: Queen Jetsun Pema of Bhutan

Jade set in gold

karma chamelion

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #4613 on: August 13, 2020, 03:36:44 AM »

The jade tiara is beautiful, but those heirloom dzi beads Jetsun Pema is wearing are Drool and worth a small fortune.

http://natalymaster.com/e...-of-the-patterns-part-ii/

-signed the Bead Addict
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 03:42:19 AM by karma chamelion » Logged
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4614 on: August 13, 2020, 03:47:59 AM »

Bhutanese Phoenix Crown

Owner: Bhutanese Royal Family

Only worn by the Druk Gyaltsuen = Dragon Queen (Queen Consort)

Hand-sewn silk/brocade-embroidered crown, depicting two Ja Tsherings (phoenix) or the mythical longevity birds. The male and female birds symbolise the blissful relationship between the King and the Queen. It’s also a symbol of inseparability in method and wisdom, in addition it has a khorlo or the wheel of dharma between the male and the female bird.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 04:38:56 AM by PeDe » Logged

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4615 on: August 13, 2020, 04:07:59 AM »

The jade tiara is beautiful, but those heirloom dzi beads Jetsun Pema is wearing are Drool and worth a small fortune.

-signed the Bead Addict

Get a load of these Turquoise beeds, karma.

I'm not a Turquoise fan, but lord, if these are real (which I believe they are) the combo is thousands worth

karma chamelion

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #4616 on: August 13, 2020, 04:14:38 AM »

-signed the Bead Addict

Get a load of these Turquoise beeds, karma.

I'm not a Turquoise fan, but lord, if these are real (which I believe they are) the combo is thousands worth

Oh wow, they're huge! Not much matrix, the color is gorgeous

The embroidered tiara you showed is magnificent, it proves tiaras don't have to be made of diamonds to be beautiful. Thank you for the photos and information!
Paulina

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #4617 on: August 13, 2020, 05:01:26 AM »

I think you too. What gorgeous colors and textures and jewelry. I am a fan of turquoise. I'd love turquoise, diamond, and pearl jewelry set in gold.  Drool

Like this:
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #4618 on: August 13, 2020, 12:41:49 PM »

The Bhutanese jewelry really suits them, their culture and customs IMO (and as far as I can see Wink )
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4619 on: August 13, 2020, 06:57:54 PM »

Form the NRF thread...yeah, I poluted that one with unrelated info, hence moving it here

Just looked up Rosario Nadal, and her wedding tiara popped up.

To me it looked so similar to the Danish one, that I had to check:

The Bulgarian diamond parure tiara

Diamond Ivy Leaf Tiara

Provenance: Queen Giovanna Of Bulgaria

The Bulgarian diamond parure tiara belongs to the  Bulgaria Royal jewelry of the Empress of Bulgaria.

It depticts a diadem of leaves and berries, gold with diamonds, which until recently, and was worn and seen until 2016 by the royal prinesses of the royal house of Bulgaria.

and it's diffrent than the Danish one in comparison.

These is the Danish Diamond parure, of which Daisy wears certain pieces, and since it's part of the Danish Crown Jewels, Yrma will have access to them as Queen Consort.....and lord have mercy on us all!

At least she cannot mess those up, and alter them.

The Diamond circlet/diadem =  Danish Floral Aigrette Tiara - that Daisy wears, is her own property.

Info: all-diamond tiara dates to the middle of the nineteenth century. It’s said that it perhaps once belonged to Grand Duchess Anastasia Mikhailovna of Russia, whose elder daughter, Alexandrine, was the consort of King Christian X of Denmark. The tiara breaks down into three sections. It’s a large piece, able to be worn as a nearly closed circlet. The various sections can be taken apart and worn separately. The central flower element of the middle section is mounted en tremblant, so it shimmers and moves slightly as the wearer moves. Margrethe inherited the piece from her mother in 2000, and since then, she’s continued to wear it.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 07:20:04 PM by PeDe » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 313   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: