Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 319   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tiara  (Read 2934372 times)
lynaH

Mini Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4635 on: August 25, 2020, 04:07:42 AM »

Why do the British let all the prettiest tiaras out of the main line? The best tiaras I've seen here were the Fife emerald and Queen Alexandra's amethyst ones. They are both british, and both left the main line ages ago. Such a pity.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 05:16:39 AM by lynaH » Logged
Tsarina

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #4636 on: August 25, 2020, 04:34:11 AM »

Why do the British let all the prettiest tiaras out of the main line? The best tiaras I've seen here were the  fife emerald and Queen Alexandra's amethyst ones. They are both british, and both left the main line ages ago? Such a pity.

Was the Fife ever in the main line? I thought it was a gift or purchased specifically for one of the princesses.

Tiaras will no longer leave the main lines of any royal house, thatís the only solace we have now Confused
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #4637 on: August 25, 2020, 04:56:49 AM »

Why do the British let all the prettiest tiaras out of the main line? The best tiaras I've seen here were the  fife emerald and Queen Alexandra's amethyst ones. They are both british, and both left the main line ages ago? Such a pity.

Was the Fife ever in the main line? I thought it was a gift or purchased specifically for one of the princesses.

Tiaras will no longer leave the main lines of any royal house, that’s the only solace we have now Confused

Perhaps you are thinking of the magnificent Fife Diamond Tiara which was a wedding gift from the Duke of Fife to Princess Louise. 

http://www.thecourtjewell...18/06/the-fife-tiara.html

Queen Victoria's Emerald and Diamond Tiara was designed by Albert and unfortunately did end up with Princess Louise. Indeed, it should have never left the main line.

https://orderofsplendor.b...en-victorias-emerald.html
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 05:24:49 AM by Lady Liebe » Logged

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Tsarina

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #4638 on: August 25, 2020, 04:32:13 PM »

Why do the British let all the prettiest tiaras out of the main line? The best tiaras I've seen here were the  fife emerald and Queen Alexandra's amethyst ones. They are both british, and both left the main line ages ago? Such a pity.

Tiaras will no longer leave the main lines of any royal house, thatís the only solace we have now Confused

Perhaps you are thinking of the magnificent Fife Diamond Tiara which was a wedding gift from the Duke of Fife to Princess Louise.  

Queen Victoria's Emerald and Diamond Tiara was designed by Albert and unfortunately did end up with Princess Louise. Indeed, it should have never left the main line.

All of QVís Albert designed tiaras have left the main line, except for the oriental circlet IIRC. The emerald, the sapphire, the strawberry leaf. QVís emerald is a favorite of mine, it would look so nice on Kate with her coloring.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 04:37:37 PM by Tsarina » Logged
lynaH

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #4639 on: August 25, 2020, 09:01:56 PM »

Why do the British let all the prettiest tiaras out of the main line? The best tiaras I've seen here were the  fife emerald and Queen Alexandra's amethyst ones. They are both british, and both left the main line ages ago? Such a pity.

All of QVís Albert designed tiaras have left the main line, except for the oriental circlet IIRC. The emerald, the sapphire, the strawberry leaf. QVís emerald is a favorite of mine, it would look so nice on Kate with her coloring.
Wasn't it given to the government in place of taxes? Maybe they can give it to Kate as an anniversary gift or something, on the condition it be exhibited when she's not wearing it.
Actually all the jewelry in museums should be available for the royals to wear on state occasions.
After all there was once talk of letting first ladies wear the jewelry in the Smithsonian to state dinners, back when Kennedy was president. (Could't you just imagine Jackie in the Napoleon necklace, or the hope diamond?)
Tsarina

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #4640 on: August 25, 2020, 10:51:28 PM »

Wasn't it given to the government in place of taxes? Maybe they can give it to Kate as an anniversary gift or something, on the condition it be exhibited when she's not wearing it.
Actually all the jewelry in museums should be available for the royals to wear on state occasions.
After all there was once talk of letting first ladies wear the jewelry in the Smithsonian to state dinners, back when Kennedy was president. (Could't you just imagine Jackie in the Napoleon necklace, or the hope diamond?)

The Fife diamond tiara was given by the Duke of Fife to the government to cover death taxes. Itís on display at Kensington Palace IIRC with a fringe tiara that belonged to Princess Louise (I think) and Queen Victoriaís entire emerald parure. However, the fringe tiara and the emerald parure are still owned by the Dukes of Fife. I wonder if it saves them tax money to have them on display? Itís a nifty deal. Important items are there for all to view but your family still technically owns them, you donít have to pay for security/upkeep, and you can probably still use them for important occasions.
SvenskaSarah

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4641 on: August 26, 2020, 04:44:12 AM »

I hope no one minds me asking on this thread but today I have been going over the wedding photos of Haakon and MM, and have been wondering what happened to Queen Mauds diamond tiara,  so often worn by Princess Ragnhild and on the wedding day, after the princess' death 2012. Was the tiara part of the Royal Collection, does such even exist in Norway? Or was the tiara personal property to Princess Ragnhild?

I am a little new to Norwegian jewels, but that tiara is stunning, and would look lovely on MM one day.
Tsarina

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #4642 on: August 26, 2020, 04:54:27 AM »

I hope no one minds me asking on this thread but today I have been going over the wedding photos of Haakon and MM, and have been wondering what happened to Queen Mauds diamond tiara,  so often worn by Princess Ragnhild and on the wedding day, after the princess' death 2012. Was the tiara part of the Royal Collection, does such even exist in Norway? Or was the tiara personal property to Princess Ragnhild?

I am a little new to Norwegian jewels, but that tiara is stunning, and would look lovely on MM one day.

The tiara was owned by Princess Ragnhild, just as Princess Astrid owns her aigrettes, the turquoise parure, and the Vasa tiara. The jewels were split amongst the three siblings as adults. However, both princesses agreed to return their major tiaras to the Norwegian vaults once they pass. This means that Queen Maudís diamond tiara should be back in the vaults. If it is indeed back in the vaults. There is a lot of speculation as to why it hasnít been worn. These are the possibilities I know of:

- Some off color comments by Princess Ragnhild regarding her nephewís wedding. So it may have soured MM against wearing the tiara.

- Thereís also the possibility no one wants to wear it because it was associated with the princess and they want to give it a rest period, if you will.

- Another factor is that MM doesnít seem to like large tiaras, sheís only worn her daisy bandeau, the amethyst tiara, and the small version of Queen Maudís pearl tiara.

- Finally, my personal thought/hope is that itís being saved for Ingrid-Alexandra. Scandinavian princesses typically get a tiara upon turning 18. The optics of purchasing a new one, particularly one suitable for a future/current crown princess  are debatable in this day and age.
SvenskaSarah

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4643 on: August 26, 2020, 05:04:03 AM »

The tiara was owned by Princess Ragnhild, just as Princess Astrid owns her aigrettes, the turquoise parure, and the Vasa tiara. The jewels were split amongst the three siblings as adults. However, both princesses agreed to return their major tiaras to the Norwegian vaults once they pass. This means that Queen Maudís diamond tiara should be back in the vaults. If it is indeed back in the vaults. There is a lot of speculation as to why it hasnít been worn. These are the possibilities I know of:

- Some off color comments by Princess Ragnhild regarding her nephewís wedding. So it may have soured MM against wearing the tiara.

- Thereís also the possibility no one wants to wear it because it was associated with the princess and they want to give it a rest period, if you will.

- Another factor is that MM doesnít seem to like large tiaras, sheís only worn her daisy bandeau, the amethyst tiara, and the small version of Queen Maudís pearl tiara.

- Finally, my personal thought/hope is that itís being saved for Ingrid-Alexandra. Scandinavian princesses typically get a tiara upon turning 18. The optics of purchasing a new one, particularly one suitable for a future/current crown princess  are debatable in this day and age.

Thank you so much for your quick reply, and a  Star to you for your insightful information!

Thinking about your comments, MM does shy away from big tiaras, doesnt she? I agree with your sentiments and hopes that IA will receive the tiara upon her 18th birthday, it is a lovely tiara, and despite Ragnhild's comments I think it deserves a new lease of life and an opportunity to be part of the modern NRF jewel collection. I have to admit, I find it hard to think that IA will be wearing a tiara in just a couple of years- I still see her as the shy flower girl at Vics wedding!
Tsarina

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #4644 on: August 26, 2020, 05:15:22 AM »

Thank you so much for your quick reply, and a  Star to you for your insightful information!

Thinking about your comments, MM does shy away from big tiaras, doesnt she? I agree with your sentiments and hopes that IA will receive the tiara upon her 18th birthday, it is a lovely tiara, and despite Ragnhild's comments I think it deserves a new lease of life and an opportunity to be part of the modern NRF jewel collection. I have to admit, I find it hard to think that IA will be wearing a tiara in just a couple of years- I still see her as the shy flower girl at Vics wedding!

I personally love the tiara as well and want to see it worn. Some complain about the lollipops on top, but I wouldnít be surprised if these were made removable for maximum versatility. I hope the family got over the comments, Ragnhild seems to have gotten along with Haakon.

I canít wait to see IA debut a tiara and some of the jewels she received for her confirmation, and hopefully for her 18th birthday as well  Wink

It seems like IA was JUST a freckly-faced little girl. When I saw the photos from this summer I realized sheís a little lady, I could barely believe it.
ConnieBrooks

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #4645 on: August 26, 2020, 05:16:29 AM »

I hope no one minds me asking on this thread but today I have been going over the wedding photos of Haakon and MM, and have been wondering what happened to Queen Mauds diamond tiara,  so often worn by Princess Ragnhild and on the wedding day, after the princess' death 2012. Was the tiara part of the Royal Collection, does such even exist in Norway? Or was the tiara personal property to Princess Ragnhild?

- Finally, my personal thought/hope is that itís being saved for Ingrid-Alexandra. Scandinavian princesses typically get a tiara upon turning 18. The optics of purchasing a new one, particularly one suitable for a future/current crown princess  are debatable in this day and age.

Thank you so much for your quick reply, and a  Star to you for your insightful information!

MM has had some back/neck issues (at least one surgery in the last several years IIRC), so there's been some speculation that she has difficulty wearing heavier tiaras. (It's also speculated that's one of the reasons for her very high necklines in recent years, to perhaps cover scars.)

Regardless, I agree with both of you that we need to see it again! It looks like a spectacular piece even in old photos, and either MM or IA would wear it wonderfully.
kingcanut

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #4646 on: August 28, 2020, 12:35:20 PM »

One of Garard tiara 

Link

"Think and let think".
lynaH

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #4647 on: August 28, 2020, 05:26:24 PM »

One of Garard tiara 

Link

Is that a copy of the Girls of great Britain and Ireland tiara? Or did they make the real thing and this is just a new angle I've never seen before?
Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #4648 on: August 28, 2020, 10:20:23 PM »

An Art Nouveau tiara probably belonging to Bruce Wayne's family  Laugh bounce
Old, single and rose-cut diamonds and platinum tiara , circa 1910

https://www.christies.com...s&intObjectID=6246821

Tsarina

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #4649 on: August 28, 2020, 11:15:11 PM »

A nice match for Princess Astridís wings. If men wore tiaras this would have been a nice one for her husband.
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 319   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: