Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tiara  (Read 3178871 times)
LadyBunion

Huge Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4875 on: October 21, 2021, 04:58:30 PM »

I can imagine that Charlotte will wear a tiara on her wedding day and that will be about it - I don't think she will be part of the working Royal Family, the spares find life quite hard without a proper career
jolene

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4876 on: October 21, 2021, 05:20:08 PM »

The Spencer tiara belongs to the Spencer estate so unless they sell it to Charlotte because they need cash, it's not being given to her unless as a loan, but I think that's unlikely. One day when she marries, I'm sure she'll have her pick of tiaras. I would love Charlotte to be Anne 2.0.
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4877 on: October 24, 2021, 01:33:14 AM »

Will Princess Charlotte of Cambridge get the Spencer Tiara?   
http://www.dailystar.co.u...iana-heirloom-to-25245019
SvenskaSarah

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #4878 on: October 24, 2021, 08:14:46 PM »

It seems to be a tradition for the Fringe tiara to be worn by the elder titled princess, QEII, Anne and Beatrice all wore that one. I wonder if Zara would have been given that had she wanted it? Not that her tiara look wasn't perfection.
ralf103

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #4879 on: October 24, 2021, 11:39:26 PM »

I 100% think HM would have loaned it to Zara if she asked. Most likely either Zara asked her mother for the greek meander tiara or her mother offered it first making any request to the Queen unnecessary.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #4880 on: October 25, 2021, 03:55:23 PM »

At her religious wedding in Athene, this past weekend, Nina Flohr got to wear a tiara.

The one she got to wear was the Greek  Antique Corsage Tiara.

The vaults of the former Greek royal family are filled with heirloom jewels, but a number of the pieces they own today came from the Danish royal family through Queen Anne-Marie (née Princess Anne-Marie of Denmark). The Antique Corsage Tiara, was the first tiara she ever owned.

The tiara that was given to the future Greek queen began its life as another piece of jewelry: a corsage ornament (or stomacher) that belonged to Queen Victoria of Sweden, Anne-Marie’s great-grandmother (hence the piece’s usual name). The corsage was inherited by Victoria’s granddaughter (and Anne-Marie’s mother), Queen Ingrid, who was born a Swedish princess. Ingrid wore the piece, which is made of diamonds and pearls, as a necklace and as a brooch; it was she who had the piece mounted on a tiara frame as a gift for her daughter. Anne-Marie received the tiara on her eighteenth birthday in 1964. But not even three weeks later, she wasn’t a Danish princess anymore — she turned eighteen on August 30 of that year and married King Constantine II of Greece in Athens on September 18.

But although as queen she had access to many of the large and historical diadems of the Greek royal family, Anne-Marie still wore her birthday tiara on occasion. When her own daughters, Alexia and Theodora, grew to adulthood, they too wore their mother’s tiara at various royal events.

Alexia:

Theodora:

In recent years, the tiara has also become something of a secondary wedding tiara for the family (with the Khedive tiara, of course, on reserve as the wedding tiara for all of Queen Ingrid’s female descendants). All 3 of Anne-Marie's daughters in law have worn this tiara as their wedding tiara (Marie Chantal; Tatiana and latest addition Nina)

Marie Chantal:

Tatiana:

Nina:

Sources:
Google
The Court Jeweller
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #4881 on: October 25, 2021, 04:15:47 PM »

https://www.thecourtjewel...edive-of-egypt-tiara.html

the Khedive of Egypt tiara.

Princess Margaret of Connaught had a number of tiaras at her disposal during her tenure as crown princess of Sweden, but none of the others are quite as romantic and sentimental as today’s piece: the Cartier tiara given to her as a wedding gift by the Khedive of Egypt.

The Khedive tiara’s story begins even before the piece’s creation. Princess Margaret, the niece of King Edward VII of the United Kingdom, was on a royal tour with her parents, who wanted to marry their daughters off to suitable royal spouses. They had their eye on the future king of Sweden, Gustaf VI Adolf, as a prospective partner for Margaret’s sister, Princess Patricia. They rendezvous-ed with Gustaf Adolf in Cairo, where he immediately fell in love — but with the wrong sister. It didn’t matter, in the end; Margaret was in love with him, too. Gustaf Adolf proposed to her during a dinner at the British consulate in Cairo, and the two were married at Windsor in 1905.

The Khedive of Egypt Tiara
Princess Margaret of Connaught had a number of tiaras at her disposal during her tenure as crown princess of Sweden, but none of the others are quite as romantic and sentimental as today’s piece: the Cartier tiara given to her as a wedding gift by the Khedive of Egypt.

The Khedive tiara’s story begins even before the piece’s creation. Princess Margaret, the niece of King Edward VII of the United Kingdom, was on a royal tour with her parents, who wanted to marry their daughters off to suitable royal spouses. They had their eye on the future king of Sweden, Gustaf VI Adolf, as a prospective partner for Margaret’s sister, Princess Patricia. They rendezvous-ed with Gustaf Adolf in Cairo, where he immediately fell in love — but with the wrong sister. It didn’t matter, in the end; Margaret was in love with him, too. Gustaf Adolf proposed to her during a dinner at the British consulate in Cairo, and the two were married at Windsor in 1905.

Because their love story was so tied to Cairo, it was important that the Khedive of Egypt — the governor of the country, which was ruled by the British at the time — give them a suitable wedding present. He commissioned Cartier to make this tiara for the occasion. The piece, which has alternately been described as a scroll tiara and as a tiara featuring marguerite motifs, bears considerable similarity to another piece made for the Egyptians at roughly the same time: Princess Shwikar’s tiara. That piece has never been firmly attributed to Cartier.

Margaret wore the piece during her time as Sweden’s crown princess, both as a tiara and as a dress ornament.

Unfortunately, Margaret had little time to experiment with her tiara collection. When she died in 1920, this tiara was one of the jewels that was inherited by her only daughter, Princess Ingrid. She brought the tiara with her to Denmark when she married Crown Prince Frederik (later Frederik IX) in 1935. Ingrid didn’t wear this piece on her wedding day, but it was through her influence that it has become the official wedding tiara for all of her female descendants in the years since.

After Ingrid’s death in 2000, she left the tiara to her younger daughter/ youngest daughter, Anne-Marie, the former queen of Greece. Anne-Marie has had alterations made to the base of the piece, so that it sits much higher now on the wearer’s head

It will be extremely interesting to see what happens to the Khedive tiara in the next generation. Will Anne-Marie leave it to one of her daughters, who are no longer princesses of a reigning monarchy? Will it be returned to the Danes, to preserve it officially as a wedding tiara for the next generation of royal brides?

Margaret of Connaught - Crown Princess of Sweden

Princess Ingrid of Sweden - Queen Ingrid of Denmark

Princess Margrethe of Denmark - Queen Margrethe II of Denmark

Princess Benedikte of Denmark - Princess Benedikte of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg:

Princess Alexandra of Sayn Wittgenstein Berleburg - 1st wedding/marriage Countess Alexandra von Pfeil und Klein-Ellguth:

Princess Nathalie of Sayn Wittgenstein Berleburg - Mrs. Johannsmann

Princess Anne Marie of Denmark - Queen Anne Marie of Greece

Princess Alexia of Greece and Denmark - Mrs. Morales:

SvenskaSarah

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #4882 on: October 25, 2021, 08:54:55 PM »

I may be (and most likely) very, very wrong here, but around the time Princess Estelle was born, I seem to remember there being rumours that CG or Daniel has purchased a tiara for Estelle to use when she turns 18. For some reason my head is telling me that the khedive tiara is the one bought. Like I say, I am probably very wrong as Anne-Marie inherited the tiara from Ingrid, but Estelle is a descendant of Margarer of Connaught.

Does anyone else remember these rumours or can correct me as to which tiara was mentioned? It may even be the pink topaz that was once part of the parure the SRF now owns.

It would be nice to see Isabella wear this tiara one day. I can't see Pavlos or MC having too many tiara events in the future.
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #4883 on: October 25, 2021, 09:59:03 PM »

I can't see Pavlos or MC having too many tiara events in the future.
Eh, MC probably wears a tiara for dinner at home with the family Cool
Celia

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4884 on: October 25, 2021, 10:53:58 PM »

I may be (and most likely) very, very wrong here, but around the time Princess Estelle was born, I seem to remember there being rumours that CG or Daniel has purchased a tiara for Estelle to use when she turns 18. For some reason my head is telling me that the khedive tiara is the one bought. Like I say, I am probably very wrong as Anne-Marie inherited the tiara from Ingrid, but Estelle is a descendant of Margarer of Connaught.

Does anyone else remember these rumours or can correct me as to which tiara was mentioned? It may even be the pink topaz that was once part of the parure the SRF now owns.

It would be nice to see Isabella wear this tiara one day. I can't see Pavlos or MC having too many tiara events in the future.

I seriously doubt the Khedive is going back to Sweden any time soon.  It seems to be firmly in the hands of *Ingrid's* descendants now.  There are several choices in Sweden already for "young lady" tiaras.  I don't think they'd have to purchase yet another one.
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #4885 on: October 25, 2021, 11:42:51 PM »

I remember what you're talking about...can't remember exactly which one the rumors referred to, but it was a historical and "known" tiara, rather than just a random purchase from an auction house.  I'm leaning towards thinking it was the pink topaz (but that may be wishful thinking!).
ralf103

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #4886 on: October 26, 2021, 02:19:44 AM »

Wasn't that an amethyst tiara with Norwegian connections (obvs the Swedish/Norwegian royals have lots of historical connections)?
emtishell

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4887 on: October 27, 2021, 12:26:34 PM »

The Spencer tiara belongs to the Spencer estate so unless they sell it to Charlotte because they need cash, it's not being given to her unless as a loan, but I think that's unlikely. One day when she marries, I'm sure she'll have her pick of tiaras. I would love Charlotte to be Anne 2.0.

I highly doubt Charles would give the tiara to Charlotte. Firstly, he still has a number of daughters who may wear it to get married, as well as some nieces (I think? Unless they’re all married now?).

Then there’s the fact it would be inherited by Louis as the next Earl Spencer, I don’t think he’d be too happy about Daddy giving away the only family tiara.

Lastly, I had always heard rumours there was some bad blood between Diana and her brother when he no longer gave her access to the tiara once their father died. There is always talk about the Cambridge tiara being her “favourite” tiara, when in fact it was literally her only tiara once the Spencer was no longer available.

Its interesting that both Cams and Kate have worn a greater number of tiaras from the Queen’s vault than Diana did.
Royal Me!

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4888 on: October 27, 2021, 12:55:07 PM »

I highly doubt Charles would give the tiara to Charlotte. Firstly, he still has a number of daughters who may wear it to get married, as well as some nieces (I think? Unless they’re all married now?).

Then there’s the fact it would be inherited by Louis as the next Earl Spencer, I don’t think he’d be too happy about Daddy giving away the only family tiara.

Lastly, I had always heard rumours there was some bad blood between Diana and her brother when he no longer gave her access to the tiara once their father died. There is always talk about the Cambridge tiara being her “favourite” tiara, when in fact it was literally her only tiara once the Spencer was no longer available.

Its interesting that both Cams and Kate have worn a greater number of tiaras from the Queen’s vault than Diana did.

I agree.   Star   Thinking
kingcanut

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #4889 on: November 18, 2021, 01:51:57 PM »

Princess Catharina-Amalia tries on tiara inside Queen Maxima's wardrobe  Smiley

Princess Amalia and  The Mellerio Ruby Tiara     

source

"Think and let think".
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: