Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 332   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tiara  (Read 3388969 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3810 on: December 01, 2016, 05:17:33 PM »

what about this....the same base, with altered stones?  Thinking

Queen Mary/Astrid

Diogenes
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3811 on: December 01, 2016, 05:21:47 PM »

... so how many channels does she get on that thing ...?
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3812 on: December 01, 2016, 05:24:17 PM »

interesting pieces

Cartier

Cartier

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #3813 on: December 01, 2016, 11:22:12 PM »

Here's a pic with the very same tiara from another angle:

And a bigger version of your pic

It's a modern tiara and it suits her hair color perfectly.

Maybe it's just me and my commoner ways, but I find it obscene and tasteless that this young girl is wearing such ostentatious and expensive jewelry. 
Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #3814 on: December 12, 2016, 01:21:35 AM »

Earlier this year, Queen Victoria's Sapphire Coronet was slated to be sold by an unknown private owner to an anonymous foreign buyer. When the sale came to light and made the news, the British government decided to try to attempt to prevent the sale of this historic piece of royal jewelry from leaving the country. Matt Hancock, the minister of culture, imposed a temporary ban on the sale by deferring the approval of an export license for the piece.

This month, on 27 December, the ban on the foreign sale of Queen Victoria's Sapphire Coronet (designed by Prince Albert) is slated to end.  I did read that several news outlets are reporting that the ban may be extended until June 2017 if it appears that financial arrangements are forthcoming.

I personally hope that this piece will stay in Britain - even if it is never worn by anyone in the royal family and is just displayed in the Victoria and Albert Museum. 

Secret  If I had an extra £5 million lying around...I am sure it would look lovely with my blue eyes.   Wink

« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 02:10:22 AM by Princess BlueEyes » Logged

AddiesGirl
Banned
Banned
Big Member

United States United States

"I am aware that you believe me insane" - Sisi

Ignore
« Reply #3815 on: December 12, 2016, 02:03:08 AM »

Earlier this year, Queen Victoria's Sapphire Coronet was slated to be sold by an unknown private owner to an anonymous foreign buyer. When the sale came to light and made the news, the British government decided to try to attempt to prevent the sale of this historic piece of royal jewelry from leaving the country. Matt Hancock, the minister of culture, imposed a temporary ban on the sale by deferring the approval of an export license for the piece.

This month, on 27 December, the ban on the foreign sale of Queen Victoria's Sapphire Coronet (designed by Prince Albert) is slated to end.  I did read that several news outlets are reporting that the ban may be extended until June 2017 if it appears that financial arrangements are forthcoming.

I personally hope that this piece will stay in Britain - even if it is never worn by anyone in the royal family and is just displayed in the Victoria and Albert Museum.  

Secret  If I had an extra ?5 million lying around...I am sure it would look lovely with my blue eyes.   Wink

Such a beautiful thing, I hope it stays in the country, too. Albert had an impeccable architectural design sense IMO and it really shows here. I like your idea of the museum buying it, it could be the centerpiece of their collections and a brand image that would be hard to beat. Thanks for the info, hope you'll keep us posted! Star
kingcanut

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #3816 on: December 28, 2016, 01:13:18 AM »

Russian Nuptial Tiara and Crown, two pieces worn as ensemble for Russian grand duchesses wedding.

and it's parure set

Look at the size of the stones 

Source: orderofsplendor.blogspot.fr

"Think and let think".
rosella
Banned
Banned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #3817 on: December 28, 2016, 01:35:33 AM »

^ Those stones are just out of this world and only a miniscule part of the Romanov collection of course. If it had all been preserved and kept together in a museum what a sight it would be.
emtishell

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #3818 on: December 28, 2016, 02:02:59 AM »

Russian Nuptial Tiara and Crown, two pieces worn as ensemble for Russian grand duchesses wedding.

and it's parure set

As sad and horrible as it was, you can kinda see why the Bolsheviks revolted! Such obscene displays of opulance!
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #3819 on: December 28, 2016, 07:58:19 PM »

That tiara looks like it could almost be worn in three or four different ways if the layers were removable. 
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #3820 on: December 28, 2016, 09:55:08 PM »

yeah....I'll take the earrings & necklace  Spiteful

CyrilSebastian

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #3821 on: January 16, 2017, 11:20:14 PM »

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/407083253799613499   
What was the last year Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother of Great Britain wore the Strathmore Rose Tiara in public?
emtishell

Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #3822 on: January 16, 2017, 11:26:14 PM »

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/407083253799613499   
What was the last year Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother of Great Britain wore the Strathmore Rose Tiara in public?

Not since the early days of her royal life..... I think this is one that would need a little modernising for wear today..... although I can see one of the York girls using it as a wedding tiara (which would be fitting since the Queen Mum was also Duchess of York)

http://orderofsplendor.bl...sday-strathmore-rose.html
Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Did you know some snakes have retractable fangs?

Ignore
« Reply #3823 on: January 24, 2017, 07:13:32 PM »

I don't want to go too much off topic in the Victoria news thread so I thought I might write here. There was talk about "starter tiaras" and how most of them are just plain bad. I sort of like the idea of a smaller tiara to start with and love the thought of seeing some new bling when the princesses who are now kids will be old enough.

Something like these...

LauraMarie

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #3824 on: January 24, 2017, 09:11:44 PM »

I like the option of converting a necklace owned into a tiara or buying one at auction and converting into a tiara.  There are many great necklaces that would make a good starter tiara.

But now you've got me wanting to dig around the internet to find starter tiaras.  I'll shall return later with some of my picks!

Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 332   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: