Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tiara  (Read 2442949 times)
Konradin

Mini Member

Argentina Argentina

“Après moi le déluge”

Ignore
« Reply #4380 on: September 05, 2019, 02:36:06 PM »

Catherine did not have her own tiara commissioned for her royal wedding to Prince William. The decision had something to do with William.     
http://www.ibtimes.com/pr...ade-royal-wedding-2821047

Considering how heinous Sophie’s wedding tiara is, I think this is a good thing.
Haven't you heard?  Cool She finally chose (or was allowed) to put (or pay) some real (good) work into that, it does look a bit better now, check OoS on that.
https://queensjewelvault....nited-states-welcome.html

It was about time. At least from afar, it's beautiful.  Smiley

I did see that! Still not my favorite but it looks loads better. I felt bad for her that she got that cobbled together piece for her wedding, and as she's been in the family, she's definitely proved her worth so I'm glad it's been improved for her and that she's had access to others as well.

I hate that spearmint tiara of Sofia’s. Artistry just isn’t what it was, so if I was Kate and received the invitation to choose a tiara or two from the BRFs historic collection there would be no hesitation.
I think HM has somewhat relaxed from those days, Sophie was the first addition after the whole Wales' divorce, I'm sure she was told "you are going to use this, and say thanks". And that was the end of it. From those days to this, she proved to be a real asset, a full time working royal, she goes to a lot of events, and before Kate's marriage to William, she was loaned a lot of personal jewels by the Queen. I think her good work helped her to relax her policy on that matter, she has even loaned the bracelet Prince Philip commissioned for her as a wedding gift to Kate, if that is not a sign of a approval, I don't know what it is. Time will tell if that policy will continue on Meghan as well.

Sophie's tiara is still bad, agreed, but it does look better than the hideous thing we saw on the wedding day. 
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Huge Member

United States United States

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #4381 on: September 05, 2019, 02:38:58 PM »

Catherine did not have her own tiara commissioned for her royal wedding to Prince William. The decision had something to do with William.     

Considering how heinous Sophie’s wedding tiara is, I think this is a good thing.
Haven't you heard?  Cool She finally chose (or was allowed) to put (or pay) some real (good) work into that, it does look a bit better now, check OoS on that.

I did see that! Still not my favorite but it looks loads better. I felt bad for her that she got that cobbled together piece for her wedding, and as she's been in the family, she's definitely proved her worth so I'm glad it's been improved for her and that she's had access to others as well.

I hate that spearmint tiara of Sofia’s. Artistry just isn’t what it was, so if I was Kate and received the invitation to choose a tiara or two from the BRFs historic collection there would be no hesitation.
I think HM has somewhat relaxed from those days, Sophie was the first addition after the whole Wales' divorce, I'm sure she was told "you are going to use this, and say thanks". And that was the end of it. From those days to this, she proved to be a real asset, a full time working royal, she goes to a lot of events, and before Kate's marriage to William, she was loaned a lot of personal jewels by the Queen. I think her good work helped her to relax her policy on that matter, she has even loaned the bracelet Prince Philip commissioned for her as a wedding gift to Kate, if that is not a sign of a approval, I don't know what it is. Time will tell if that policy will continue on Meghan as well.

Sophie's tiara is still bad, agreed, but it does look better than the hideous thing we saw on the wedding day. 

I’m so sorry. I’m exhausted today and read this as Ssss of Sweden and not Swexxy. *sigh* yes you are right though.

jolene

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #4382 on: September 05, 2019, 04:49:13 PM »

Was Fergie's wedding tiara made her for?
Thistle

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4383 on: September 05, 2019, 05:00:09 PM »

Fregie's wedding tiara was a personalized gift from The Queen and Prince Philip.

Reading can seriously damage your ignorance
Konradin

Mini Member

Argentina Argentina

“Après moi le déluge”

Ignore
« Reply #4384 on: September 05, 2019, 05:14:19 PM »

Fregie's wedding tiara was a personalized gift from The Queen and Prince Philip.
That's the tiara we all thought Pss Eugenie would wear but no, she used the emerald's kokoshnik from the Greville bequest.

I’m so sorry. I’m exhausted today and read this as Ssss of Sweden and not Swexxy. *sigh* yes you are right though.
Hahaha, it's alright!  Wink
Celia

Warned
Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #4385 on: September 05, 2019, 07:06:13 PM »

Personalized?  I thought it was an antique (or second-hand) tiara purchased from Garrard.  Not new, not commissioned.
Konradin

Mini Member

Argentina Argentina

“Après moi le déluge”

Ignore
« Reply #4386 on: September 05, 2019, 08:18:50 PM »

Personalized?  I thought it was an antique (or second-hand) tiara purchased from Garrard.  Not new, not commissioned.
I read the same, they bought a regular tiara from her, 2nd hand, as they pretty much did with Pss Margaret when she married Tony Armstrong-Jones.
CyrilSebastian

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #4387 on: September 10, 2019, 03:05:21 AM »

The Diamond Floral Tiara of Spain was a wedding gift from King Alfonso XII of Spain to his bride, Archduchess Maria Christina of Austria, in 1879.     
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/359162139013015661
thecrownjewelthief

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #4388 on: September 10, 2019, 02:09:14 PM »

The Diamond Floral Tiara of Spain was a wedding gift from King Alfonso XII of Spain to his bride, Archduchess Maria Christina of Austria, in 1879.     

I love this one 
Konradin

Mini Member

Argentina Argentina

“Après moi le déluge”

Ignore
« Reply #4389 on: September 10, 2019, 03:02:14 PM »

I love this one 
I do hope Queen Sophia would either loan/give her her rubies demiparure, that red suits Letizia perfectly.
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: