Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tiara  (Read 2687470 times)
Pomme

Huge Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #4590 on: July 29, 2020, 09:43:55 PM »

On an article in the Daily Mail today they are talking about Tiaras and how one bride for the BRF chose a ‘little known one’.
I know that main ones for the BRF but I am wondering is there is a page somewhere which lists all the tiaras at the BRF’s disposable? I swear I read one back last year but I’ll be damned if I can find it!
Am I right to think that the Royal ladies couldn’t wear the Spencer tiara or the Strathmore Rose Tiara because it doesn’t actually belong to the BRF?

Check thecourtjeweller, and queensjewelvault, or orderofsartorialsplendor for lists of various royal tiara collections. And tiaramania

Talk to the hair, you slitherin' Skank
http://i.imgur.com/2mUIe.jpg
tsarinya

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4591 on: July 29, 2020, 10:39:38 PM »

this is an interesting site http://www.thetudorswiki....More+British+Royal+Tiaras

The Spencer tiara is in the possession of Earl Spencer and he loans it to his nieces / daughtes on marriage bit otherwise not seen.

Do you think he’d lend it to William or Harry’s wives if they occasion suited?
tsarinya

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #4592 on: July 29, 2020, 10:40:15 PM »

On an article in the Daily Mail today they are talking about Tiaras and how one bride for the BRF chose a ‘little known one’.
I know that main ones for the BRF but I am wondering is there is a page somewhere which lists all the tiaras at the BRF’s disposable? I swear I read one back last year but I’ll be damned if I can find it!
Am I right to think that the Royal ladies couldn’t wear the Spencer tiara or the Strathmore Rose Tiara because it doesn’t actually belong to the BRF?

Check thecourtjeweller, and queensjewelvault, or orderofsartorialsplendor for lists of various royal tiara collections. And tiaramania

Thank you Pomme! Will have a little looksy now Smiley
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4593 on: July 29, 2020, 10:55:09 PM »

this is an interesting site http://www.thetudorswiki....More+British+Royal+Tiaras

The Spencer tiara is in the possession of Earl Spencer and he loans it to his nieces / daughtes on marriage bit otherwise not seen.

I highly doubt it.  They only reason Diana used it was because she was a Spencer and the Countesses has no need for it during her tiara days.  IMO it’s a nonstarter with Diana’s descendants. 

I really wish the press would get a clue and stop bringing it up.  They make it very hard for people learning about royal tiaras to differentiate what is and isn’t an option for someone.
anastasia beaverhausen

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4594 on: July 30, 2020, 01:26:09 AM »

I agree with you there. If it had been lendable, it would have made it to one of the weddings I would think.

I love tiaras but the time is coming where it’s going to be rare to see one worn.
I highly doubt it.  They only reason Diana used it was because she was a Spencer and the Countesses has no need for it during her tiara days.  IMO it’s a nonstarter with Diana’s descendants. 

I really wish the press would get a clue and stop bringing it up.  They make it very hard for people learning about royal tiaras to differentiate what is and isn’t an option for someone.
jolene

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #4595 on: July 30, 2020, 02:47:22 AM »

I assume Kitty and Amelia will wear it for their weddings.
Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #4596 on: July 30, 2020, 03:03:07 AM »

To be honest, Kate has access to all the major tiaras as we go on. The other one wont ever have need of a tiara again.
ConnieBrooks

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #4597 on: July 30, 2020, 02:39:40 PM »

This, so much. They act like tiaras are not actually personal property but are just loosely available to whoever can call themselves "family".
ConnieBrooks

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #4598 on: July 30, 2020, 02:47:48 PM »

To be honest, Kate has access to all the major tiaras as we go on. The other one wont ever have need of a tiara again.

She will eventually have access to those that belong to the monarch. Until that time, she only is able to wear what has been lent to her by the monarch, or anything that she may have been given (none, to my knowledge). The BRF doesn't have a jewel foundation, unfortunately. The few outright gifts have been for those who are not on the consort line (Sophie and Fergie), while she lends to all others at her discretion. Particularly to future consorts. The BRF tiara vaults are huge but we simply don't see other things; it seems pretty clear that the regular working royals have a specific set of tiaras to use and no more. And no swapping or borrowing or sharing like in Sweden.

Of course, we'll likely never know for sure how they handle jewels, so this is all speculation.
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #4599 on: July 30, 2020, 04:01:32 PM »

She will eventually have access to those that belong to the monarch. Until that time, she only is able to wear what has been lent to her by the monarch, or anything that she may have been given (none, to my knowledge). The BRF doesn't have a jewel foundation, unfortunately. The few outright gifts have been for those who are not on the consort line (Sophie and Fergie), while she lends to all others at her discretion. Particularly to future consorts. The BRF tiara vaults are huge but we simply don't see other things; it seems pretty clear that the regular working royals have a specific set of tiaras to use and no more. And no swapping or borrowing or sharing like in Sweden.

Of course, we'll likely never know for sure how they handle jewels, so this is all speculation.

Diana did wear the Spencer Tiara for quite awhile until her brother basically had to demand it back, so journalists who fail to do due dileigence have assumed it belongs to the BRF. 

How they handle the jewels, and the loaning of them changes with each new Monarch. Diana was loaned only the Cambridge Lover's knot, but Kate has both the Lotus and the CLK. There is speculation about the Cartier Halo Scroll tiara being lent to Kate but it went on tour shortly after the wedding and we've seen hide nor hair of it on anyone since then. It's never been a favorite of any of the BRF ladies so it's best left as a trainer tiara for Charlotte anyway.

When Charles becomes King it will be his turn to distribute the loot. Cams already has the big gun tiaras from the Greville bequest and she wears them splendidly - It will be interesting to see which of the other tiaras she cares to use. I think she'd look splendid in the Vlad.

It also remains to be seen if Charles and Cam step up tiara events in the future. If in times to come they do have the York princess' and the Wessex cousins in for state banquets and such they may very well have a loan of a tiara, and some other bling from the vault. Best way to do things, IMHO.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 04:39:47 PM by Lady Liebe » Logged

Compassion without truth isn't love, it's flattery. Love not only weeps, it also speaks.   Reagan Rose
ConnieBrooks

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #4600 on: July 30, 2020, 06:58:09 PM »

Diana did wear the Spencer Tiara for quite awhile until her brother basically had to demand it back, so journalists who fail to do due dileigence have assumed it belongs to the BRF. 

How they handle the jewels, and the loaning of them changes with each new Monarch. Diana was loaned only the Cambridge Lover's knot, but Kate has both the Lotus and the CLK. There is speculation about the Cartier Halo Scroll tiara being lent to Kate but it went on tour shortly after the wedding and we've seen hide nor hair of it on anyone since then. It's never been a favorite of any of the BRF ladies so it's best left as a trainer tiara for Charlotte anyway.

When Charles becomes King it will be his turn to distribute the loot. Cams already has the big gun tiaras from the Greville bequest and she wears them splendidly - It will be interesting to see which of the other tiaras she cares to use. I think she'd look splendid in the Vlad.

It also remains to be seen if Charles and Cam step up tiara events in the future. If in times to come they do have the York princess' and the Wessex cousins in for state banquets and such they may very well have a loan of a tiara, and some other bling from the vault. Best way to do things, IMHO.

It's hard to tell when an item is a one-time loan (goes back to the vault), and when it's a so-called lifetime loan (presumably kept by the wearer). If I recall correctly, there were a lot of assumptions that Diana had been given the CLK since she used it exclusively, but that was obviously not the case. I suspect that the Halo was a one-time loan for Kate. It's lovely but was sent out on tour so quickly, and even then was really too small for a future consort. She wore the Lotus next, but even that was only twice, and not in 5 years. And then there's the significant pieces that the queen has lent to her - the wedding gift bracelet, the ruby and Nizam necklaces, and various earrings. Some of them were clearly for the event alone.

I think the only Greville tiara has worn is the large Boucheron, or "wastebasket" as some call it.  She's worn the Dehli Durbar once, and she's worn her own Cubitt tiara occasionally as well. She's a good tiara-wearer! I'm not sure she can carry off the smaller ones, though, since her hair already has such volume. But since her position will only get higher I expect to see her in other big guns. I'm sure she'll handle them well.

I really, really hope that C&C open up the vaults more. There's so much available, far beyond tiaras. I suspect that Camilla really likes the modern pieces, citing her extensive Van Arpels collection, presumably gifts from Charles. But there are so many diamond earrings and necklaces without super-sentimental or symbolic significance that she and Sophie and Kate could be wearing on a regular basis. If not for day events, definitely for evening events. She's got 3 or 4 nice diamond necklaces from the Saudis, plus who knows how many "plain" collet diamond necklaces. Spread them around!
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: