Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince Emanuele Filiberto and Princesse Clotilde de Savoie Adopt Alan and Moses  (Read 9935 times)
Clover

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« on: February 11, 2011, 05:24:26 PM »

Galuh

Ginormous Member

Tuvalu Tuvalu

Mary & Michael, twins separated at birth?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 06:53:03 PM »

The both don't look age well  Thinking

Mab

Mini Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 07:03:40 PM »

She has aged a lot.  He's still gorgeous, though we know he can be a proper airhead.  Don't know what to think about the adopted babies - it comes across to me as "look how wonderful we are to do this"  but hey, maybe I'm just a hard-bitten old cynic.  I know Madonna's adoption capers fairly turned my stomach, and it kind of tainted it for everyone else. 
Rearden

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 07:59:33 PM »

Isn't she older than him?

I don't know what to think about the news, I wonder if their older new son will be considered the heir  Thinking

"You can never be too rich or too thin" - HRH The Duchess of Windsor Cambridge
Chrissie

Medium Member

Eleanor, Queen of Badassery

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 08:22:00 PM »

I don't know what to think about the news, I wonder if their older new son will be considered the heir  Thinking

I was just wondering the same. These are Savoys we are talking about, they might just be crazy enough to give it a try. The ongoing family feud right now is going to look like a mild scuffle in comparison to what would be the result if they did.
Anne83

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 08:39:49 PM »

Maybe he will.. My Gosh, they're giving Albert such good ideas Nerves
I'm still like "They did what ?" Yikes I just can't say if that's a good thing or a bad thing at the time being
Lolly

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011, 12:28:03 AM »

I have no idea what the legalities are when it comes to adopting and royalty, as royalty is based on bloodline...
Chrissie

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 12:40:32 AM »

I have no idea what the legalities are when it comes to adopting and royalty, as royalty is based on bloodline...

I don't think it can easily be done in general, and the Savoy house law speaks against it as well. They've got plenty of issues going on already with following Salic law because Emanuele Filiberto only has daughters and the main branch of Savoy is about to become extinct. Savoy house law demands succession in the male line only, and only from dynastic, equal marriages. I don't believe Clothilde fulfils that requirement, and if children with only one royal blood parent are banned, I suspect adopted ones are out altogether.

Great news for the Savoy-Aosta cadet branch, of course, since they're the next heirs. And given that Duke Amedeo has been ready to get into a fist fight with EF's father over the matter already, I doubt he'll accept adopted heirs. The Aosta branch has been very careful to make dynastic marriages only, they've positioned themselves as the rightful heads of house for the last generation or two already.

It would be fun to see them dish it out in public again, of course, though I bet Queen Anne Marie would kill them if she gets mixed up in the entire mess ever again.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2011, 02:43:46 AM »

I don't think it can easily be done in general, and the Savoy house law speaks against it as well. They've got plenty of issues going on already with following Salic law because Emanuele Filiberto only has daughters and the main branch of Savoy is about to become extinct. Savoy house law demands succession in the male line only, and only from dynastic, equal marriages. I don't believe Clothilde fulfils that requirement, and if children with only one royal blood parent are banned, I suspect adopted ones are out altogether.

Great news for the Savoy-Aosta cadet branch, of course, since they're the next heirs. And given that Duke Amedeo has been ready to get into a fist fight with EF's father over the matter already, I doubt he'll accept adopted heirs. The Aosta branch has been very careful to make dynastic marriages only, they've positioned themselves as the rightful heads of house for the last generation or two already.

It would be fun to see them dish it out in public again, of course, though I bet Queen Anne Marie would kill them if she gets mixed up in the entire mess ever again.

Which two were in the fight?  I remember reading about a Savoy Prince and the other Italian prince getting into a brawl at a wedding.  It was funny to think about and I would have liked to see two modern royals in a fist fight.   Icecream
Chrissie

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2011, 09:21:03 AM »

Which two were in the fight?  I remember reading about a Savoy Prince and the other Italian prince getting into a brawl at a wedding.  It was funny to think about and I would have liked to see two modern royals in a fist fight.   Icecream

The fighters were Vittorio Emanuele (pretender to the throne of Italy) and Duke Amedeo of Aosta (his cousin, and competitor to the claim, who's declared himself head of house). It must have been quite a sight, having two Italians get into a fistfight with each other in the middle of Felipe and Letizia's wedding. And poor Anne Marie of Greece caught in the middle of it, she even got to administer first aid to Amedeo until the paramedics arrived.  I wish there were a video of the whole incident, but it apparently was at the dinner before the wedding.

You really can rely on royals to always find new ways to be entertaining.  Lolipop
Actarus

Baby Member

Charlaine who?

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2011, 02:10:03 PM »

It's just for show. The Clown of Savoy and the Zombie haven't adopted any children, but they're just sponsoring them, like 'CHI' weekly reported. Thumb down

Sitting on the Italian throne is an irrealizable desire for the two of them, I mean Vittorio E. and Amedeo, because the last King Umberto II wanted the sigils of the Italian Royalty to be buried with him, this implying that he regognized the Italian Republic. Besides Amedeo of Aosta served in the Italian Navy, this meaning that he had to swear his loyalty to the Italian Republic; as for E. Filiberto and his parents, they also had to acknowledge and swear their loyalty to the Republic to have their Italian passports.

In Italy noble titles were abolished back in 1948.
Chrissie

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2011, 02:26:13 PM »

With the way things in Italy are going, I wouldn't be 100% sure they'll never return to a monarchy. If it sounds like the more elegant, stylish and fashionable option...  Whistle Though if they go that route ever again, they might as well grab a few attractive royals/nobles and go for someone like Pierre Casiraghi. 

What's fascinating is how so many deposed monarchies are having huge arguments over legitimate pretenders and positions. It doesn't matter anymore beyond the seating chart at royal weddings, but some seem to spend their entire energy on the jockeying and backstabbing involved. At least the Savoys, so far, have drawn the line at a brawl and didn't turn it into a gunfight like the Bourbon-Parmas.

Sugar-free
Banned
Small Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Mary who?

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2011, 03:41:26 PM »

The fighters were Vittorio Emanuele (pretender to the throne of Italy) and Duke Amedeo of Aosta (his cousin, and competitor to the claim, who's declared himself head of house). It must have been quite a sight, having two Italians get into a fistfight with each other in the middle of Felipe and Letizia's wedding. And poor Anne Marie of Greece caught in the middle of it, she even got to administer first aid to Amedeo until the paramedics arrived.  I wish there were a video of the whole incident, but it apparently was at the dinner before the wedding.

You really can rely on royals to always find new ways to be entertaining.  Lolipop

May I add my 2 cents? The fist fight took place inside the church right after the ceremony had finished. I think Felipe and Letizia had already walked out. I remember having read that Amedeo had fallen on Anne-Marie after some good pokes , and she had to pick him up and give him first aid. Quite a sight indeed and no video available Ranting .

My comment about this weird adoption: Don't they have anything better to do..? Dead
If it is only about sponsoring these boys, then why dragging 2 more innocent kids in front of the cameras and the limelight..? Nono
Chrissie

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2011, 04:23:31 PM »

May I add my 2 cents? The fist fight took place inside the church right after the ceremony had finished. I think Felipe and Letizia had already walked out. I remember having read that Amedeo had fallen on Anne-Marie after some good pokes , and she had to pick him up and give him first aid. Quite a sight indeed and no video available Ranting .

My comment about this weird adoption: Don't they have anything better to do..? Dead
If it is only about sponsoring these boys, then why dragging 2 more innocent kids in front of the cameras and the limelight..? Nono

Oh, right after the ceremony? That makes it even better.   Laugh bounce I wonder if they're still getting invited to weddings at the same time.

EF is an attention whore (as is Clotilde), anything that gets him publicity, he'll do. He's done Dancing with the Stars already (and won, I think?), there isn't much he'll be stopping at to get his attention fix. Two African boys for adoption or sponsorship? Sure, bring it on, who cares about the kids?  Thumb down

I was quite amused to see that the Aosta side immediately posted pictures of Amedeo's grandson in retaliation, just in case anyone needs reminders that there is a legitimate heir by blood in that generation.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2011, 04:26:47 PM »

Thanks for the info Sugar Free, Chriss and Actarus Star Star Star

I can't believe that they got into a fight at the church! Laugh bounce Laugh bounce  So sad that there isn't a video.  I'd love to see that! 

If they're sponsoring these children, then it's disgusting to me that they would use them for a photo op.   Nono Thumb down  Incredibly tacky IMO.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: