Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 209   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mary's Fashion: Hit & Miss or just Miss and Miss?  (Read 739675 times)
shoshanah

Ginormous Member

New Zealand New Zealand

getting ready for a date with Shosh

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2006, 01:46:52 AM »

I have always believed that you can look good in any budget, is my opinion.  Her before-makeover clothing reveals very little good taste.  

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2006, 01:51:40 AM »

Quote from: 34
I have always believed that you can look good in any budget, is my opinion.  Her before-makeover clothing reveals very little good taste.  

I agree with you Smiley
Leesa
Banned
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

"Mary who?" asks Marsha!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2006, 02:08:15 AM »

Barrie, you asked if she had a car, and I doubt it, as she would help herself to those of her boyfriends'! A lady who used to do horse riding at the same time in the same place said M was arrogant and would arrive in different cars of the then boyfriend of hers, a 2nd-hand car dealer. Name not known.

Also, I would not give her any credit for the shoes she wears. She doesn't make them or style them, just buys them. And she's worn horrid shoes to functions, one of which was a formal occasion not too far ago (2nd half of 2006), and she wore this official dress with lime green sandals. Yikes!
Max

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2006, 03:31:33 AM »

Well the only reason Letizia looked half decent during the engagement period was because she worked in television and had professional stylists.  She has professionals dressing her from the time she came to be known as the Crown Prince's girlfriend.  Mary didn't have this professional assistance so you cannot compare the two.
Eliza

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2006, 03:36:16 AM »

Quote from: 37
Well the only reason Letizia looked half decent during the engagement period was because she worked in television and had professional stylists.  She has professionals dressing her from the time she came to be known as the Crown Prince's girlfriend.  Mary didn't have this professional assistance so you cannot compare the two.
LMAO!  You must really be a Mary fan to come defend her at this forum. Grin Grin Cool
Max

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2006, 03:40:10 AM »

Someone has to represent the truth. Tongue
Eliza

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2006, 03:42:23 AM »

Max, I can respect you for your integrity. But I still agree with the poster who said:

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2006, 11:13:21 AM »

The thruth in this matter is that Mary had horrible taste in clothes on her own. She has even said that she didn't care much for fashion 'before' - before she got acces of money I'd say. Even if you like her style now it's a good chance that you like the style of her stylist not Mary Tongue

I know silch about Letizia and her style - don't really care either.
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2006, 01:32:42 PM »

I'm sure that even in the midst of her angst about the existence of this board, Max cannot help but have noticed just how much more politely she is treated on this board than people with reservations about Mary are treated on RBHQ...
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2006, 04:29:34 PM »

Max you are intitled to your opinion and we are entitled to ours. You like Mary, you think is is fabulous. That is fine, feel that way. Why is it by the way that you don't like Letizia? Notice how it is tolerated when you make anti Letizia remarks but you do not allow us our opinion.

Pixie

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2006, 08:43:20 PM »

Having viewed Mary's wardrobe on her recent trip to her homeland - I can honestly say the lady still doesn't have a clue when it comes to fashion - as opposed to her official looker me tour when she was coiffed to the max at all times.  Left to her own choices (even with more expensive clothes to choose from) Mares is a failure in style.

Never mind her pre Princess wardrobe - scratch scratch scratch - I get a rash just viewing photos of all that polyester, lycra and rayon!!(doh!)
Eliza

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2006, 10:13:38 PM »

Quote from: 30
Never mind her pre Princess wardrobe - scratch scratch scratch - I get a rash just viewing photos of all that polyester, lycra and rayon!!(doh!)
LOL!(xm-mrgreen)
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2006, 10:34:03 PM »

Yes, nothing like a nice polyblend and the Australian sun.
Ash315

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2006, 10:34:13 PM »

IMO she has more misses than hits. Though in her defense it isn't all her fault. She does have a stylist  :-/
The problem with Mary is that she doesn't always wear outfits that are good for her shape. Mary likes designer brands but a lot of those brand of clothing aren't made to fit every body type (including her own).

Genevieve

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2006, 12:28:39 AM »

Mary no doubt also had a stylist at her disposal for her engagement announcement and between the engagement to the wedding.

And I don't know how it is in Spain, but in Canada journalists and news anchors certainly don't have stylists. They dress themselves. Part of their salary might allocate for money for an on air wardrobe or the television station may have a deal with certain stores where their anchors get a good discount there, but they pick out their own clothes. The shop clerks might help in recommending pieces or outfits, but anyone can do that at stores of a certain class that they go into. As a real estate agent/lawyer/marketing exec or whatever the heck Mary claims to have done for a career in Australia, she certainly could afford nice clothes. It's not as if she was having to dress at Wal-Mart.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 209   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: