Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A SERIOUS reminder about dishing on non-royals!  (Read 8921 times)
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« on: March 09, 2011, 10:43:07 PM »

We need to ask everyone to tone down the dishing on non-royals here on the board. As is - please remember when you start discussing a private person who may or may not be related to a royal in someway - that this person may not actually have a connection with the royal and also they may not have any interest in being discussed in public. We have at present been contacted by a few people who asked us to have posts about them removed - it's not a nice situation for them or for us so PLEASE think twice about dishing/posting and especially speculating about non-royals.

This board was created to be a place where people can discuss royalty - mainly the Danish royal family - without much regulation from moderators. It's natural that this will also lead to discussions about the non-royals that are associated with the royals but we do not want this to be a place filled with speculation on private persons who no doubt will find it very uncomfortable if/when they see themselves the subject of discussions/speculation/dishing.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 11:28:58 PM by Maria » Logged
Jane

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Daiz

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 04:58:29 AM »

Maria can you please clarify who is off limits? Does this mean no siblings or in laws of royals to be dished? What about the Danish nobles who hang out with fred and Mary? There is quite a lot of dishing about non royals here so it would be helpful to have something a bit more specific.

If, for example the Middleton, Donaldson and Wittstock families are off limits then that will represent a major change in the board.
pinkpearls

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 05:51:20 AM »

Ya, I'm confused too. Are people dating royals off-limits? (Sophie, Chelsy?)

Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Sudan Sudan

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 08:20:30 AM »

Must be Amburrrrrrrrr!

She is  a public personality though, so should be dishable!

Even if not an actualy dish herself!

Smiley
Thomas
Administrator
Medium Member

Denmark Denmark

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 08:57:48 AM »

We are not going to specify (we can't) who can be dished about.

Its not so much who it is more how it is done. This is a great community, and we have resourceful members who sometimes pool their efforts together to gather info. But sometimes it can turn into a witch hunt. And much of what it written here is no more than speculation or rumor.  

And example.

Billedbladet might have an article saying something like:
"Mary inner circle person accused of rape".

After reading that, people here will start to wonder who that is.
They will scour the internet, and might end up with the conclusion that is must be John Doe (fictional).
After that they will post a lot about this person, they will link to his facebook, linkedin, etc. They will find out where he lives, where his children go to school, etc.
They will post pictures of his wife and children.

All based on speculation.

Now, when someone googles his name, an RD thread will come up accusing him of being a rapist.

It then turns out he is not the guy at all, but by that time people have moved on to other topics.

That's not cool.

This has happened a few times, and is what we want to avoid.

pinkpearls

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 09:15:44 AM »

Thanks for the explanation, Thomas. I think I understand what you are saying.  Thumb up

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 12:00:26 PM »

Thanks for the info and explanation, Maria and Thomas.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
joys54

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 01:55:16 PM »

Thanks Thomas, there is a definite example of what you and Maria are talking about.  Now we all have a clear idea of what to avoid.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 03:41:43 PM »

You can always send us a pm if you're in doubt whether something is ok to post of not Smiley
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 03:58:03 PM »

Has the board received a complaint from an outsider about this?

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2011, 04:12:05 PM »

Yes, two times.
winx

Humongous Member

Netherlands Netherlands

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2011, 04:15:25 PM »

Right got it!! But still have question??

Were that person/s a public figure or not?? If they are public then I don't see why getting upset to be discussed on RD, another publication or board will do it too!!

Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2011, 04:16:30 PM »

Oh  Shocked I'll definitely bear that in mind in future.

Quick question, does this apply to "semi-famous" friends of Royals too. I'm thinking of people like Amber and Caroline Fleming who pursue public profiles, would they be off-limits too?

Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2011, 04:22:01 PM »

No, Amber, Caroline and the like are ok, I think - since there's lots of writings about them online already. I guess if one googles a person and they only shows up with "personal" sites like FB-profiles, LinkedIn-pages and work related sites, then they're more private than if they're already a subjec of public discussion. Does that make sense? Confused
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2011, 04:31:32 PM »

Perfect sense. Thanks for the additional info.  Thumb up

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: