Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Royal Wedding Cakes  (Read 45185 times)
Mimolette

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: December 20, 2015, 01:05:28 AM »

Felipe and Leti's is probably exquisitely delicious, but what a monstrosity! Yikes
M-C

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: January 02, 2016, 02:03:02 PM »

Felipe and Leti's is probably exquisitely delicious, but what a monstrosity! Yikes
I don't like it either. Categorizing it on the same line as the cake of CP and Sofia. That was a disaster too...
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: January 02, 2016, 11:28:17 PM »

I don't like it either. Categorizing it on the same line as the cake of CP and Sofia. That was a disaster too...

I forgot all about these flaming rings of jello from Greaseball and Hoefia's wedding.  These are so odd-looking.  They're as shiny and greasy as his hair, and that silver display thing is really ugly.  I don't like F&L's cake either.  These separated cakes are strange, IMO. 
Ellie

Warned
Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: January 04, 2016, 07:15:52 AM »

Oh, my God, I never noticed the heart. On the far left side!

Seriously, what the hell is this display. Looks as what one would expect: nouveau riche and trashy as hell, trying to be modern and cool with the display and then pompous with the coronet.
debbydeb

Gigantic Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: January 04, 2016, 07:25:19 AM »

I commented when I first saw it,
the separate cakes look like the donut cushions that you put on your chair when you have hemorrhage; the light right above the coronet looks like a adult bedroom toy you put up your arse (I refuse to believe that monstrosity is a natural part of the chandelier); and the heart is a tacky tack on; the coronet is quite wonky, the additional glass with their wedding monogram looks out of place; taken as a whole everything looks quite juvenile (kind of like F & M's wedding cake, the bottom tiers try to be very elegant but then you top it with cartoon figurines?).

Seriously have these pastry chefs not visit cakewrecks website?

None of the chefs look happy in the picture above. Wonder who put a gun to their heads to make this cake.

I seriously expected more from Designprins.
Ellie

Warned
Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: January 04, 2016, 07:30:18 AM »

I just realized it looks similar to their monogram together, if you look at it from the side. Maybe that's the idea?

Looks snakey to me. Wink
Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

New money SHOUTS -> -> old money whispers

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: January 05, 2016, 05:46:44 AM »

I commented when I first saw it,
the separate cakes look like the donut cushions that you put on your chair when you have hemorrhage; the light right above the coronet looks like a adult bedroom toy you put up your arse (I refuse to believe that monstrosity is a natural part of the chandelier); and the heart is a tacky tack on; the coronet is quite wonky, the additional glass with their wedding monogram looks out of place; taken as a whole everything looks quite juvenile (kind of like F & M's wedding cake, the bottom tiers try to be very elegant but then you top it with cartoon figurines?).

Seriously have these pastry chefs not visit cakewrecks website?

None of the chefs look happy in the picture above. Wonder who put a gun to their heads to make this cake.

I seriously expected more from Designprins.

This photograph does not say"wedding cake" to me. It just looks like a selection of individual desserts. Not very tempting desserts either.

I can't imagine any of the pictured pastry chefs are feeling like they baked, constructed and decorated an attractive, historical, or memorable wedding cake. 

debbydeb

Gigantic Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: January 05, 2016, 07:10:28 AM »

Come to think of it, CP and Sofia's wedding cake contraption looks a bit like a cinderella carriage. The round middle, the large "wheels" in the front and back, and the crown on top of the carriage.

Only they had the wrong Disney movie. They should've gone for the Jungle Book theme.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: January 05, 2016, 07:57:49 PM »

This cake and the stand and "accessories" are so trashy.  Why are the cakes so shiny?  They look like Jello, not like cakes.  IIRC, these cakes had pop-rocks candy in them.  Good lord, could they possibly be more trailer trash?  Pop-rocks?!  What did they do, serve Velveeta casseroles with crushed Fritos on them for dinner?  Funyuns and cheese in a can for appetizers?  They have the trashiest taste ever. 

All that money and zero class. 
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: