Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallis Simpson's Fashion&Jewels  (Read 68754 times)
Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Did you know some snakes have retractable fangs?

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2015, 04:53:50 PM »

Dunno, she had some really spectacular pieces and some of them had past provenances which made them historically valuable. Remember those pearls that Calvin Klein bought for Kelly at the auction? They had been a gift from Queen Mary to DoW when he was PoW. Though why she would give her son a pearl necklace who was not married or close to marrying is rather strange to me. Then there was the rumor of the emeralds being from the royal jewelry box and reset for WS during the mistress portion of their story.

These pearls? Love them! 

Here's more info: http://www.internetstones...-and-pearl-ear-clips.html

http://www.shropshirestar...00-at-shrewsbury-auction/

It wouldn't surprise me if DoW did that with the emeralds. Did you know he didn't leave empty handed when he abdicated and left the country? He took with him the Coronet of George, Prince of Wales which was of course illegal. They had to make a new one for Charles.

Tinika

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2015, 08:47:03 PM »

Well if she wants to wear jewellery created and designed for a Nazi sympathiser and appeaser and accomplice, she'll be getting quite the Karma!

Aw, no need to blame the innocent jewels!  Wink
lellobeetle

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2015, 12:12:30 AM »

The original ad states that they would also auction stuff like her négligées. Who in their right mind would want something like that?  Shocked

Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2015, 07:51:20 AM »

The original ad states that they would also auction stuff like her négligées. Who in their right mind would want something like that?  Shocked

They're part of history. He asked for a weekend in a country house, a week ahead, and she ordered silk negligees for the seduction. Way out of her budget - sounds a bit like someone we know who spent up on her credit card in anticipation!
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2015, 09:24:11 PM »

Waity, Mares and Skanky.
Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2015, 01:00:59 AM »

Dunno, she had some really spectacular pieces and some of them had past provenances which made them historically valuable. Remember those pearls that Calvin Klein bought for Kelly at the auction? They had been a gift from Queen Mary to DoW when he was PoW. Though why she would give her son a pearl necklace who was not married or close to marrying is rather strange to me. Then there was the rumor of the emeralds being from the royal jewelry box and reset for WS during the mistress portion of their story.

These pearls? Love them! 

Here's more info: http://www.internetstones...-and-pearl-ear-clips.html

http://www.shropshirestar...00-at-shrewsbury-auction/

It wouldn't surprise me if DoW did that with the emeralds. Did you know he didn't leave empty handed when he abdicated and left the country? He took with him the Coronet of George, Prince of Wales which was of course illegal. They had to make a new one for Charles.

Love those pearls. 

I would personally have no trouble rockin' this gorgeous necklace either: 

Wink

editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2015, 08:11:42 PM »

I would personally have no trouble rockin' this gorgeous necklace either: 

Wink

Holy Bazinga! Drool Drool Drool
Any info on the history of this gorgeous piece?
LDJJ

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2015, 10:46:18 PM »

Those pearls and the emerald necklace are amazing!  One thing about Wallis, she had immaculate tastes in jewelry and clothing.
Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2015, 05:34:56 PM »

This stunning emerald necklace is composed of 22 precisely matched emeralds, weighing 47 carats, and 412 diamonds with a total weight of more than 70 carats. Van Cleef & Arpels sought the twenty-two perfectly matched emeralds between the years 1959 and 1961 to make this necklace. Last seen at auction in 1975, it sold for $1,056,215 dollars, it came to auction again in at Bonham’s Hong Kong in November 2012.

It is said that the Duke of Windsor had impeccable taste in jewellry (obviously) and he never missed a chance to give pieces of jewelry to his wife.   (Lucky woman.)

Furthermore, it is said that he was possessive of her collection and didn't like the idea of anyone owning them all once she was gone and was in favor of them being auctioned off to break up the collection.

editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2015, 05:45:26 PM »

Thanks for the info, Princess BlueEyes Star
Seriously, that is absolutely breath-taking.
Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2015, 06:42:22 PM »

Here are a few other pieces from Wallis' collection of jewels:

Pink and White Diamond Thistle Pin – Cartier 1940’s

“The Windsor Heart” Fancy Intense Yellow Diamond Pendant, 47.14 carats. 

Bought by the Duke of Windsor for the Duchess in 1951 from Harry Winston. Meant to complement her other yellow diamonds, it was set into a ring. 

This is a portrait by Yousuf Karsh in 1971, showing Wallis wearing the ring.

This diamond's whereabouts became a mystery between 1986 and 2012.

It was seen in again in 1971; the Duchess was a guest at the Proust Ball, held by Baron and Baroness Guy de Rothschild. As the Rothschild’s colors were blue and gold, the Duchess of Windsor attended and wore a blue gown accessorized by her stunning suite of canary diamonds. Sometime after wearing her heart-shaped yellow diamond ring to the Proust Ball - it disappeared from the Duchess’s collection.
When Sotheby’s was called in to organize a sale of the Duchess of Windsor’s jewels over Christmas in 1986, and with a copy an insurance document from Harry Winston which listed the 47-carat yellow diamond ring, the ring was not present when the jewel collection was inventoried for sale. Not too much was thought of the fact that it was missing since the Duchess was known to have sold some of her pieces through her lawyer Maître Suzanne Blum after the Duke’s death in 1972.

Later, Laurence Krashes wrote about the Duchess’ matching pair of canary diamond lapel pins in the 1988 edition of Harry Winston: The Ultimate Jeweler  and in the same passage, he mentioned the disappearance of the Duchess’s heart-shaped yellow diamond ring.

In 2012 Leonard Lauder asked Sotheby’s to organize the sale of some jewels that had belonged to his mother Estée and his wife Evelyn. As the Acting Chairman of The Breast Cancer Research Foundation, the organization founded and championed by his late wife, he decided to offer the jewels for sale to benefit the Foundation. Among the jewels was a beautiful diamond necklace suspending a large heart-shaped yellow diamond pendant. Mr. Lauder said his mother had always said that the diamond in the pendant once belonged to the Duchess of Windsor and asked if the story could be verified. It is known that the Duchess of Windsor and Estée Lauder met aboard the SS United States and became great friends; they socialized together with their husbands in Palm Beach, New York and Paris.
Knowing that Van Cleef & Arpels in New York made the necklace in 1978, a call was placed to Nicolas Luchsinger, who reported that their records did not reveal any origin other than Estée Lauder.  She had supplied the diamond and its conversion to a pendant and the necklace from which it hung, were created for her by special order.

A bit later, the gemological report came in from the GIA and the weight of Estée Lauder’s Fancy Intense Yellow diamond was 47.14 carats, matching the weight of the Duchess of Windsor's stone, which confirmed that it was the Duchess’s “lost” diamond.

Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2015, 06:47:14 PM »

Thanks for the info, Princess BlueEyes Star
Seriously, that is absolutely breath-taking.

You are most welcome.   Hug

The Duke and Duchess had some beautiful and stunning pieces of jewelry.   

LDJJ

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2015, 07:07:18 PM »

Congratulations on 500 posts Princess!! Banana

Every time I come to this topic I am awed by the beauty of these jewels.  Amazing.
Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2015, 12:02:22 AM »

Congratulations on 500 posts Princess!! Banana

Every time I come to this topic I am awed by the beauty of these jewels.  Amazing.

thank you LDJJ  Hug

For me the jewels would be a huge perk of being royal or rich.  Wink 
Of course it goes without saying that happiness is the best jewel of all.  Champagne

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2015, 10:43:06 PM »

For me the jewels would be a huge perk of being royal or rich.  Wink 
Of course it goes without saying that happiness is the best jewel of all.  Champagne
So true!!! And what makes a girl happier than a pretty babble on her finger??? Halo

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: