Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marie's events - VIDEOs  (Read 34616 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2016, 10:59:54 PM »

February 9
Princess Marie is much more than just Prince Joachim's beautiful wife. BB's Henrik Salling made a big interview with Princess Marie in connection with her 40th birthday on Febrary 6. Hear him talk about his meeting with the sweet and cool Princess Marie, and not least about the efforts she does as a mother, wife and princess.

VIDEO: Princess Marie is sweet and cool

what's he saying? Can somebody check, Thank youuuuuuuuu!  Champagne

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2016, 08:23:50 PM »

February 6, 2016
There is a video interview on the occasion on Marie's 40th birthday, but I cannot see it, because I have no log-in. Does somebody have it?

VIDEO HERE

HERE IS ANOTHER ONE

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2016, 06:48:42 AM »

very cute video of Marie > > > https://youtu.be/aWnScek0i_o

2015 - HRH Princess Marie inaugurated the new Ecco-innovation house, Mind Factory
Ecco InnovationsHus, Mind Factory, which is a gift for Tonder, is complete built and become a living part of Tonder Campus, which also consists of particular Tonder Commercial High School & College and EUC Syd. HRH Princess Marie threw royal glamor to the inauguration. The princess wore a short, black, cream-colored jacket from By Malene Birger. Under it she wore a black turtleneck and a pair of black pants. A pair of elegant black heels. A set of earrings from Pandora complete her outfit, as usual, was right at the top.

Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2016, 10:44:36 AM »

How good is her Danish! Sure, reading from the speech, and she stumbled a little, twice, but surely her pronunciation is excellent?
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2016, 05:57:06 PM »

Danish reporters and people say, that her Danish is virtually flawless in pronunciation and grammar. She enunciates words correctly, and uses a Danish sentence structure. She understands intricacies of the Danish language, and also its humor.

getafix
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: April 03, 2016, 06:15:42 PM »

Danish reporters and people say, that her Danish is virtually flawless in pronunciation and grammar. She enunciates words correctly, and uses a Danish sentence structure. She understands intricacies of the Danish language, and also its humor.

OMG!!! she sounds soo FAKE!!!!! Yikes

do you mean Mariee does not - NOT!!! - speak high Danglish like our Gal MEDiana? Angry

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
just a serf

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2016, 05:15:15 AM »

Shouldn't it be the other way around?

That Mary, as a native English speaker, should be more at ease with a Germanic language than Marie?

"I haven't played since I stopped." - Waity Middleton
"You only have it if you've got it." - James, Marquis of Mallow
Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2016, 06:41:16 AM »

Marie probably benefits from already being multi lingual.

Hester
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2016, 07:30:46 AM »

Marie probably benefits from already being multi lingual.

Plus she has conversations with her husband, the neighbours, friends, her kids' friends, her step-kids, her charity boards ... though it must be said, she might converse in French rather than Danish with Henrik, non?  Angel
Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2016, 07:52:14 AM »

It definitely also helps a lot to be exposed to/use the language you're learning.

LouiseH

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2016, 08:00:58 PM »

As a native English speaker (American Standard), someone who reads in an archaic form of English almost daily (Early Modern English), and who is probably more acquainted, with Middle and Old English, than the average good English speaker,  I would have to say speaking English, including 400 or 500 year old English, will not give you an advantage in learning Danish.  I can not read Danish at all and I can not understand a word of it when it is spoken.

I find this puzzling as the Jutes contributed linguistically to Old English, although I do not know how much, as another name for Old English is Anglo-Saxon (after the two dominate tribes).

Also it is difficult to explain to people who living in multilingual societies, what a handicap having lived in a completely mono-linguistic society all of your life is when you are thrust into learning another language, as an adult.

There is a good thread somewhere on this board about this, but I can not remember where I saw it.  That being said... it does not sound like Mary has made the effort she should in this area and it has exposed her multiple times to ridicule.
Purple

Large Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2016, 02:22:41 PM »

As a native English speaker (American Standard), someone who reads in an archaic form of English almost daily (Early Modern English), and who is probably more acquainted, with Middle and Old English, than the average good English speaker,  I would have to say speaking English, including 400 or 500 year old English, will not give you an advantage in learning Danish.  I can not read Danish at all and I can not understand a word of it when it is spoken.

I find this puzzling as the Jutes contributed linguistically to Old English, although I do not know how much, as another name for Old English is Anglo-Saxon (after the two dominate tribes).

Also it is difficult to explain to people who living in multilingual societies, what a handicap having lived in a completely mono-linguistic society all of your life is when you are thrust into learning another language, as an adult.

There is a good thread somewhere on this board about this, but I can not remember where I saw it.  That being said... it does not sound like Mary has made the effort she should in this area and it has exposed her multiple times to ridicule.

Interesting input.  Thank you Louise H.  Star

I was thinking about language acquisition and whether you can ever truly be perfectly fluent all of the time.  I've observed that (here in Italy to be precise) people who have learned Italian and have lived for a long time in the country and who have reached an almost perfect level in acquisition through study and sheer effort start to "slack off", so to speak, once they use it on a daily level confidently.  Grammatical errors start to creep in and maybe you make less of an effort to correct yourself because you think the other person understands you anyway and it's more important to get the message across than to be grammatically correct.  I don't know if this is Mary's case, but Marie seems to have a greater "awareness" of language and seems as if she's listening to what she's saying and not just admiring what comes out of her mouth because it sounds intellectual.  Sorry for being long-winded.  Don't know if I was clear (the too early Spring weather is slowing me down).
DuchessofDuh

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2016, 07:21:29 AM »

I completely agree with this.  Also, while I do know that some people take to languages more than others it does seem like after 10+ years in a country your language skills there should be pretty good.  That is, of course, if you make a real effort...

AddiesGirl

Warned
Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2016, 08:04:58 PM »

I just wanted to say that Marie is one of my favorites now, she seems very genuine, bright and engaged. At first I wasn't sure, she seemed haughty but that was just nerves. She's great with the kids in her family as well, I bet she's a fun mom and auntie!

Regarding languages, I hung out with the foreign exchange students all through my school days, and I was always impressed that they spoke English so well. Languages are much easier to learn when you are young, or so I've read. I had a Polish friend who's husband was from Mexico, their little girl could speak English, Polish, Spanish and American sign language by the time she was 2-years old. I felt intellectually inferior to a toddler!  Blush

?What is the victory of a cat on a hot tin roof??I wish I knew... Just staying on it, I guess, as long as she can...?
― Tennessee Williams, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2016, 09:54:42 PM »

Brief video of Marie when she was in Ethiopia > > HERE

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: