Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2022 Schack's - News & Events  (Read 14945 times)
jigmesjigga

Large Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Yesterday at 02:38:30 PM »

I thought Joachim still receives a royal stipend. Even not living in Denmark, he is still technically representing Denmark, even in this military role. He's not representing the U.S. military.

I would not be wringing my hands over what they can afford or can't afford. All of these families have secret supporters who lend homes, servants, clothes, etc to royals. And Joachim and Marie don't seem to be super-extravagant people. D.C. is a great place for royalty - lots of exiled royalty has called it home, or still calls it home. I'm from that area originally and all of my family is still there. There are tons of excellent schools and lots of other people of their status in the area. They can also be pretty anonymous there if they want to be too.
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Yesterday at 07:58:37 PM »

I thought Joachim still receives a royal stipend. Even not living in Denmark, he is still technically representing Denmark, even in this military role. He's not representing the U.S. military.

I would not be wringing my hands over what they can afford or can't afford. All of these families have secret supporters who lend homes, servants, clothes, etc to royals. And Joachim and Marie don't seem to be super-extravagant people. D.C. is a great place for royalty - lots of exiled royalty has called it home, or still calls it home. I'm from that area originally and all of my family is still there. There are tons of excellent schools and lots of other people of their status in the area. They can also be pretty anonymous there if they want to be too.

And all those museums! I could spend three years in Washington just visiting the Smithsonian!
RainbowUnicorn68

Mini Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Yesterday at 09:10:08 PM »

According to an article I just read, Joachim wasn't paid for his time in France, thus, he kept his apanage. The new job comes with a paycheck, so the Danish government has to decide whether he can keep his apanage when he goes to the US.
I wish them the best. It should have been him. Where is Frederik? Off playing somewhere.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: