Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Braganças  (Read 55627 times)
Duchess of Lisbon

Mini Member

Portugal Portugal

Tihi

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2014, 09:00:02 PM »

So young Alfonso only wish for a car and an education on his 18 th birthday?
He could have asked for a gap year to help the poor people of third word countries or to find his ineer/true self like many of his richer peers ask and get at his age.....

Considering how devout they seem I also would have thought he would at least plan to do a little good work with the poor & needy. Perhaps he could help out in the TNT soup kitchen Wink

I do believe he didnt think how it might sound though. Maybe he thought I'll make myself sound like a normal 18 year old. What 18 year old guy does not want a car?

The Bragança children do once in a while some volunteer work.

http://translate.google.p...-orgulhosa&edit-text=

Im glad to see their mother has a good influence on them.

It says in the interview that Duchess of Lisbon posted that Alfonso was educated in England for 2 years up to 2013.

Why was he educated in England during the period 2011-2013? It seems a bit strange doing it for such a short time and at such a strange point in his education 15-17 years old.

Some royals go to British university or Sandhurst or do British Boarding school 14-18. D.Isabel seems to have considered it a change of scene to broaden his horizions - although I dont suppose much can be learnt of British culture in only 2 years at a boarding school.

Was Alfonso sent to Ampleforth or Stonyhurst or Brompton Oratory school or was it a non catholic boarding school?

They didn't revealed the name of the school for "security issues". They just said it was a militar/catholic boarding school near London.
I think that Afonso studying abroad may have to do with the fact that he was being bulliyed at school. But this is just me guessing  Confused Confused
violetroses

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2014, 11:42:00 PM »

Thanks Duchess of Lisbon Star. It must have been The Oratory as it is the only near London Catholic military ciriculum school in the UK.  You are probably right about the bullying being behind it. Sad that it was probably to such an extent that he needed to go to a British school.

“'I doubt there are any subtleties of combat I can advise you on ma'am” Ross Poldark
ortensia
Banned
Banned
Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2014, 09:43:38 AM »

Why Mary hasn't been called? Everyone  knows she is the ultimate weapon against bulliysm.
violetroses

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2014, 12:56:57 PM »

Perhaps she can send him a late 18th birthday gift

Mary needs to keep the sons of royal houses sweet after all she does have 2 daughters to marry off in her plan to become the bogan grandmother of europe.

A 12 year age gap between Alfonso and Isabella is nothing to her im sure.

“'I doubt there are any subtleties of combat I can advise you on ma'am” Ross Poldark
ortensia
Banned
Banned
Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2014, 01:19:00 PM »

You nailed it Violetroses!!!!
Queen Victoria, move over! She could arrange a wedding between Christian and Alexia of Netherlands= lots of money
Than she could marry off Isabella with one of Marie Chantal's boys= even more money
Least but not last she could match Josie with Prince Gaston D'Orleans (he is about five now) = no money but lots of blue blood .
Finally: Vincent , already a good looking child , with little Leonore = money, good looks  and very good excuses  for New York shopping sprees.
Duchess of Lisbon

Mini Member

Portugal Portugal

Tihi

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2014, 07:02:01 PM »

For those interested in watching the Bragança's home in the inside check this vídeo from Spain's TVE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcPT4I-Bqcw
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2014, 03:41:29 PM »

Another 'royal' wedding...

On August 16th princess Amélia of Orléans-Braganza (daughter of prince Antonio of Orléans-Braganza and princess Christine of Ligne) will marry Alexander James Spearman. The wedding will take place in Rio de Janeiro. The groom is Scottish.

Amélia is the granddaughter of princess Alix of Luxembourg. Do you think any of the Lux and/or Corn cousins will attend? Thinking

http://www.noblesseetroya...le-imperiale-du-bresil-2/
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2014, 06:50:20 PM »

On August 16th princess Amélia of Orléans-Braganza (daughter of prince Antonio of Orléans-Braganza and princess Christine of Ligne) will marry Alexander James Spearman. The wedding will take place in Rio de Janeiro. The groom is Scottish.

Amélia is the granddaughter of princess Alix of Luxembourg. Do you think any of the Lux and/or Corn cousins will attend? Thinking

I don't think they attended the wedding of the other Bragancas, but I could be wrong. 

The funny thing is that there was a guy on TRF who kept insisting that these people would only ever marry other royals.   Laugh bounce Laughing
Lady Adelaide

Ginormous Member

Switzerland Switzerland

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2014, 07:31:14 PM »

I wonder what her family thinks of this match? The groom is from a minor aristocratic family but that doesn't seem too be good enough for the Braganzas as Amélia will be renouncing her succession rights to the non-existent throne of Brazil - after the wedding she will no longer be a Princess of Brazil, only a Princess of Orléans-Braganza.

No Corns? Too bad, I was looking forward to dishing on them. Tongue
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2014, 07:47:54 PM »

I wonder what her family thinks of this match? The groom is from a minor aristocratic family but that doesn't seem too be good enough for the Braganzas as Amélia will be renouncing her succession rights to the non-existent throne of Brazil - after the wedding she will no longer be a Princess of Brazil, only a Princess of Orléans-Braganza.

No Corns? Too bad, I was looking forward to dishing on them. Tongue

I really don't think that's much of a loss to her.  I know several Brazilians (all upper-middle class from various parts of the country) and they've never heard of the Braganzas.  I've asked them, and they always look at me with a confused look on their faces.  I honestly don't think this family has a snowman's chance in hell of restoring their throne.   Yes
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2014, 08:10:42 PM »

Isn't she the younger sister of Pedro Luís, who died in the crash of Air France Flight 447 to Brazil (in 2009)?

Some monarchists expected Prince Pedro Luís to eventually become the pretender for the Brazil monarchy on the deaths of his father and uncles. Pedro Luiz' younger brother, Prince Rafael, took his place in the line of succession upon legal declaration of Pedro Luiz' death in the crash of Air France Flight 447.

Duchess of Lisbon

Mini Member

Portugal Portugal

Tihi

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2014, 01:39:32 PM »

The Duke of Brangança gave an interview to RTP and we can see the inside of his house.
In the interview he said that he and the rest of the family will probably spend vacations in Timor, since the government of Timor gave him a diplomatic passport.
The Duchess of Bragança said that she would like to be Queen of Portugal. (Keep Dreaming...  Cool).

We also can hear a private conversation between D. Duarte and D. Isabel where she says that she is going to pick Dinis at the airport and he is like: "he's coming home today?". 

http://www.rtp.pt/play/p1613/e162931/protagonistas
Duchess of Lisbon

Mini Member

Portugal Portugal

Tihi

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2014, 04:55:09 PM »

The Braganças are in Timor and they had a big reception. Afonso was invested as a Liurai (I have no idea what that is, if someone knows please enlight us!).

Photos: Causa Real page on Facebook.
Curtains

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2014, 06:41:40 PM »

Look, well behaved younger Royals taking their jobs seriously.

Look, a female Royal not treating brown people as photo ops which smell badly, or overdressing just to prance about for her own self-aggrandizement.

Look, respect for another culture being shown.

It's so rare that it's notable.

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
Duchess of Lisbon

Mini Member

Portugal Portugal

Tihi

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2014, 04:32:48 PM »

The duchess and the three children gave an interview to the brazilian site Glamurama! there are some nice pics of the family!  Smiley

Here's the link: https://translate.google....%2529%2312&edit-text=
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: