Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wedding faux pas  (Read 45449 times)
ssassi

Huge Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2011, 11:53:21 PM »

Marie at a wedding

I loved that dress and Marie in it. It's gold not white and I would wear such beautiful dress at a wedding (if my sylhouette it allows.not Cry)/
HC

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2011, 12:08:12 AM »

Whaaaaaa! Whose boobs are those? OMG. I've never seen that photo before!  Yikes

HC

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2011, 12:09:51 AM »

I agree wear black in a wedding is big faux pas!. Yikes Princess Carolina di Monaco weared black dress in a wedding, I think Frederick and Mary wedding. Is wrong!.

I remember Caroline at F&M's wedding - she wore navy - not black.  Smiley

Rearden

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2011, 12:10:06 AM »

Marie's dress is nearly white.

I would consider Pippa's dress as a faux pas, she looked nice but too much cleavage for maid of honour.

"You can never be too rich or too thin" - HRH The Duchess of Windsor Cambridge
HC

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2011, 12:11:49 AM »

I would consider Pippa's dress as a faux pas, she looked nice but too much cleavage for maid of honour.

As I've expressed in another thread, I believe Pippa's dress she wore for the ceremony was a huge faux pas - more than that it was hugely disrespectful IMHO.  Thumb down

Lolly

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2011, 12:13:09 AM »

Pippa's faux pas, imo, is that she outshone the bride.  Kate wore a been-there-done-that style; Pippa's dress is much rarer at a wedding, and has some figure-hugging vavoom.
ssassi

Huge Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2011, 12:13:13 AM »

Maybe... but we all forget that she was "the bridesmaid" so she wore what her sister choosed and approved. So if her sister wanted her in white what is the problem?
And she looked stunning Yikes for my big surprise.
Louisa

Small Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2011, 12:14:38 AM »

Well, yes, but I do not believe for a second that Kate or Pippa will have been allowed to just go ahead design a dress without it having to be approved by the Queen and/or the palace. And I think the "bride decoy" explanation really makes sense.
Rearden

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2011, 12:15:24 AM »

I don't like that it was white but if Kate was ok with it...  Confused I don't like the cleavage, it suited better Cameron Diaz for the golden globes but not for a royal wedding.

Rearden

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2011, 12:17:53 AM »

ssassi

Huge Member

Romania Romania

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2011, 12:20:51 AM »

About Pippa
It wasn't so bad (the cleavage I mean Cute) but mybe it's speaking the latin girl in me now Angel
Well... maybe for Prince Philip  Secret altough he looked comfortable with her in the balcony  Tongue

About Caroline- it's navy  I don't find it is an innapropiat outfit especially is in the dinner before the wedding or not...I will looking for more information tomorrow.
Rearden

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2011, 12:22:26 AM »

I've seen photos where you could see more than you wanted  There are times where a more prudish dress is better, and a royal wedding at westminster abbey was not the place to show the goodies.  No

editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2011, 12:34:12 AM »

Irishthanhy---

Your new avatar is priceless Laughing Star
orange

« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2011, 02:37:02 AM »

I've seen photos where you could see more than you wanted  There are times where a more prudish dress is better, and a royal wedding at westminster abbey was not the place to show the goodies.  No

Same, it was too clingy and fitted, and the neck too low. It might have looked more appropriate if the material was thicker. I don't think a bridesmaid at a royal wedding should have it all on show
irishthanhy

Medium Member

United States United States

I think I'll need a stiff drink.

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2011, 03:03:13 AM »

Marie at a wedding

I loved that dress and Marie in it. It's gold not white and I would wear such beautiful dress at a wedding (if my sylhouette it allows.not Cry)/

It's very ivory/gold to me which is a possible color for the bride.  I think it's always best to stay away from whites and creams but if you know that the bride is wearing white then this isn't a big deal, I suppose.  Ultimately if I wanted to wear this color I'd ask the bride for approval (because really, she's the only one who matters ).

Well, yes, but I do not believe for a second that Kate or Pippa will have been allowed to just go ahead design a dress without it having to be approved by the Queen and/or the palace. And I think the "bride decoy" explanation really makes sense.

I posted about the "bride decoy thing in the wedding thread but for those who didn't see it/don't know it: long ago the purpose of bridesmaids were to act as sort of decoys of the bride, protecting her from evil spirits/kidnappers.  Lady Sarah Chatto had all her bridesmaids all in white dresses that were similar to her.  I imagine she was nodding to the ancient tradition (since her dress was so very much a nod to another age).  I'd quite like something like this if I were getting married in an old church.

Source.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 04:04:43 AM by irishthanhy, Reason: fixed picture » Logged

-Le Phuong Thanh
*All opinions expressed above are mine and are subject to human error.*
*Never underestimate my ability to turn anything into a graphic.*

You've probably never heard of it.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: