Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How is Marie's Danish?  (Read 49945 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2012, 05:18:02 AM »

oohh, what a round number...thank you ever so humbly, dearest Holls & dearest pixieketteh  Curtsey and a very shiny  Star Star right back atcha  Beer Hug Hug

DowntownTO

Big Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2012, 10:04:45 AM »

Congratulations on 2000 posts, PeDe! I'll just pile on another one  Star .
Stefanie

Large Member

Germany Germany

This was it, Fred - no way out now!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2012, 12:25:56 PM »

PeDe - allerherzlichsten Glückwunsch  Star !
RD wäre ohne Dich nicht das, was es ist  Hug
 Banana Banana Banana Banana Banana Banana Banana Banana

\"Hope is not the conviction that something will turn out well but the certainty that something makes sense, regardless of how it turns out.\" (Václav Havel)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2012, 03:41:32 PM »

Congratulations on 2000 posts, PeDe! I'll just pile on another one  Star .

Blush thank you so much DTO, and doncha know I'll pile one ontop o' yours as well  Wink Star

PeDe - allerherzlichsten Glückwunsch  Star !
RD wäre ohne Dich nicht das, was es ist  Hug
 Banana Banana Banana Banana Banana Banana Banana Banana

Vielen Dank, liebe Stefanie, ich bin froh, das Du hier bist  Hug  Star

thrilla

Gigantic Member

Desperately seeking one's kabuki makeup& Photoshop

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2012, 08:47:27 PM »

What Marie seems to master is small talk. The way she answered questions and added to what Joachim had to say (notably allowing him to answer first, unless she was specifically addressed - Mary take note of who is the true royal in your relationship!), illustrates that she is comfortable enough to be able to follow along and add the small talk that foreigners tell me is the hardest and last thing to master in Danish. I know from learning other languages that the small talk and minor observations are what has come last and requires a certain confidence in one's abilities in the language to do in as relaxed a way as she seemed to in the video from the hospital.

I couldn't care less about accents, I'm more interested in grammatical correctness and fluidity when speaking. Mary pauses too much and hmmms and uuuhs too much. She also makes major pronunciation mistakes that are not a question of accent, but laziness, such as the masturbating Africans!  Snare
tigerben
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2012, 08:50:44 PM »

2005  Star now pede,  Thumb up well done, all all those great posts that got you those stars
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2012, 01:44:22 AM »

2005  Star now pede,  Thumb up well done, all all those great posts that got you those stars

awww  Blush thank you tiger,  Hug  Star

editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2012, 02:09:26 AM »

Congratulations on 2000, PeDe!  Banana Banana Banana

You deserve every single one of them---you give so many wonderful things to this board! Beer
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2012, 02:12:17 AM »

Congratulations on 2000, PeDe!  Banana Banana Banana

You deserve every single one of them---you give so many wonderful things to this board! Beer

Hug edit, I love your posts as well  Thumb up Star thank you so much.

You are all so wonderful  Cute

freethespoon

Most Exalted Member

Official TeaSpoon of Royal Dish. Aka TrollSpoon.

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2012, 02:38:06 AM »

What Marie seems to master is small talk. The way she answered questions and added to what Joachim had to say (notably allowing him to answer first, unless she was specifically addressed - Mary take note of who is the true royal in your relationship!), illustrates that she is comfortable enough to be able to follow along and add the small talk that foreigners tell me is the hardest and last thing to master in Danish. I know from learning other languages that the small talk and minor observations are what has come last and requires a certain confidence in one's abilities in the language to do in as relaxed a way as she seemed to in the video from the hospital.

I couldn't care less about accents, I'm more interested in grammatical correctness and fluidity when speaking. Mary pauses too much and hmmms and uuuhs too much. She also makes major pronunciation mistakes that are not a question of accent, but laziness, such as the masturbating Africans!  Snare

Thrilla, when Pickles made the masturbating Africans faux pas, what word was she trying to say.  Does that word and masturbating sound / look similar in Danish and would it be an easy mistake to make?

You can call me TrollSpoon.
Lollie

Small Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2012, 03:34:57 AM »

Freethespoon, if you allow me... She tried to say "Underernærede" (malnourished/undernourished) and ended up saying "onanerede" (masturbating). My very little basic knowledge in Norwegian (quite similar to Danish) reminds me that we don't hear the first "d" in underernærede -hence the fact she talked about masturbation instead of malnourishment)...
Mary mispronounced the "un" and then totally skipped one syllabe.

If you pronounce it correctly, the two words don't sound the same at all. If you're not danish, like me, you may struggle pronouncing "underernærede" because the syllabes are quite difficult to coordinate between them. It's a very "nasal" word. On the other hand, you'll have no problem at all pronouncing "onanerede" because the sounds in this word exist in almost every language and there's no nasal sound, nor weird vowel.

As a foreigner learning a scandinavian language, I'd say that it's the kind of mistake that happens when you try to say too quickly a word whose pronounciation you don't really know/master. That's all for my experienced experience of danish language...  Tongue

Obviously, she was trying to sound fluent. It might be a slip and I know that scandinavian pronounciation can be rather tricky but she flew out to Somalia on purpose to help raising awareness for the africans suffering from starvation, I guess one would have expected more preparation... And that comes with rehearsing the danish words linked to the subject, IMO... Especially if your interview is aired on live on a national channel...

That must have been very embarrassing for the DRF.  Blush
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 03:51:15 AM by Lollie » Logged
Diogenes
Board Helper
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2012, 03:57:58 AM »

[...] I guess one would have expected more preparation... And that comes with rehearsing the danish words linked to the subject, IMO... Especially if your interview is aired on live on a national channel...

Princess Milkmould has never ever prepared for anything other than shopping at high-end boutiques.  Why should she start now?   Angry
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2012, 06:09:06 AM »

Star Lollie. But you know...maybe MEdiana prolly spoke off the cuff, and said the first word that came into her head...and trraaa...it was all about masturbating. Why not?! Floppy Frodo hasn't been near that dank cave in centuries Secret

Peds Hug Icecream Lolipop Champagne Beer Star Banana Banana

Again Angel

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Maluna

Baby Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2012, 12:59:19 PM »

I was very surprised about Marie's danish - she is very good, I think! There was quite noisy at the hospital when they left with the little princess - but she seemed to be focused and she answered the questions with a brilliant danish! Even better (a whole lot, actually) than Mary.  Thumb up

I've read an interview where she told about how important it was for her, to be able to speak a good danish, so that she could talk to everyone at many different occasions - so she'd made a rule at home, that prince Joachim had to talk to her in danish, but after seven in the evening, she needed to "relax", and therefore they switched into french.  Thumb up  Smiley

whimsicalwriter
Board Helper
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2012, 01:08:49 PM »

I was very surprised about Marie's danish - she is very good, I think! There was quite noisy at the hospital when they left with the little princess - but she seemed to be focused and she answered the questions with a brilliant danish! Even better (a whole lot, actually) than Mary.  Thumb up

I've read an interview where she told about how important it was for her, to be able to speak a good danish, so that she could talk to everyone at many different occasions - so she'd made a rule at home, that prince Joachim had to talk to her in danish, but after seven in the evening, she needed to "relax", and therefore they switched into french.  Thumb up  Smiley
It's good that she made the rule. I've read the Alex also asked that people speak danish to her when she was learning. I think this shows Joachim chose woman who wanted to be a part of his life and country. Unfortunately Freddie chose a woman that would rather be Crown Princess of Prada then of Denmark.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: