Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We are making some changes at the board.  (Read 26260 times)
Diamond Lil

Gigantic Member

New Zealand New Zealand

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2011, 11:12:57 PM »

Maria, I've never read the Monaco forum because, frankly, the Monaco royals (well, maybe except for Caroline) don't interest me. But you and Thomas definitely need to make whatever changes you have to so it's not as much work for you. You guys have given so many of us so much enjoyment with RD---we want you to have fun, too!

Agreed.  At the end of the day, it's YOUR board.  You and Thomas do the work and pay the bills.  When I come here I feel like a guest in your home, and I enjoy coming here very much.  Thank you.

Paola

Micro Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2011, 11:15:01 PM »

I, for one, will miss the Monaco forum, but I fully understand why it was taken down. I fully agree that it was getting a bit crazy/scary at times, and that some of the criticism aimed at Charlene would've put the biggest Elvis/Diana/JFK/9-11 conspiracists to shame. Shame though. She was here in Ireland this week and even five days after her departure a GLOWING piece on her was published on the front page of Ireland's biggest Sunday newspaper today. I was looking forward to posting it, to prove some of the more freaky anti-Charlene posters wrong. Amen.
Paola

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2011, 11:16:44 PM »

Another question though: why were the more troublesome Monaco posters not simply banned, so the rest of us could continue to discuss the Grimaldi's?
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2011, 11:23:51 PM »

Another question though: why were the more troublesome Monaco posters not simply banned, so the rest of us could continue to discuss the Grimaldi's?

It's a bit of a hard situation when certain posters (and this goes for everyone really) can post very nicely in some sections but not in others Crazy
danishorphan

Warned
Gigantic Member

Papua New Guinea Papua New Guinea

Lives to fill her hollow leg!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2011, 11:33:51 PM »

Well, of course we will miss dishing on FA and Trampolina, who are both very entertaining with all their gouche behavior--but Maria and Thomas have the final say and we must respect that and their reasons for doing whatever they see fit.

The truth will eventually be revealed!
Louisa

Small Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2011, 11:54:03 PM »

Completely understandable.
Beausoleillois

Baby Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2011, 11:56:09 PM »

I regret that you guys found yourself in a situation where closing the Monaco section seemed inevitable.

It's sad for those of us though who live in the region, didn't post very often but came to read on a daily basis.

Please allow me to remind you that the local media here in the south of France has a very biased view on the princely family, and that Monaco media don't carry critical news items at all. Articulating one's disappointment with Prince Albert's capacity as a leader or the apparant gap between his words and his actions when it comes to protecting the environment (just to name two examples) is a legitimate thing, and apart from a little bit of gossip that all of us enjoy, RD's Monaco section provided a forum for this kind of debate, too.
Chrissie

Medium Member

Eleanor, Queen of Badassery

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2011, 12:00:20 AM »

I can only second what everybody's been saying already - it's the decision of you and Thomas, you are the ones who're actually providing us with this playground and it's a well-considered action. I'm sorry to see the section shut down, but I understand the reasoning behind it and I hope the time will come when everyone's calm enough again to open it once more.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2011, 12:05:52 AM »

I regret that you guys found yourself in a situation where closing the Monaco section seemed inevitable.

It's sad for those of us though who live in the region, didn't post very often but came to read on a daily basis.

Please allow me to remind you that the local media here in the south of France has a very biased view on the princely family, and that Monaco media don't carry critical news items at all. Articulating one's disappointment with Prince Albert's capacity as a leader or the apparant gap between his words and his actions when it comes to protecting the environment (just to name two examples) is a legitimate thing, and apart from a little bit of gossip that all of us enjoy, RD's Monaco section provided a forum for this kind of debate, too.

I understand how you feel Star  and I also understand how Maria feels.  I'm pretty neutral regarding Monaco, but I definitely agree that the feel of the board has changed lately.  I hope that I haven't been one of the trouble makers. 

On the plus side, maybe the some of the changes will discourage the rash of trolls we've seen this year, and people who sign up just to make rude comments from causing trouble on this board.  I am so glad you've provided this board, Thomas and Maria Star Star
Leesa
Banned
Humongous Member

Australia Australia

"Mary who?" asks Marsha!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2011, 12:23:40 AM »

Maria, will the Monaco section be open for the wedding perhaps?
zinzen

Gigantic Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2011, 12:39:51 AM »

I understand how you feel Star  and I also understand how Maria feels.  I'm pretty neutral regarding Monaco, but I definitely agree that the feel of the board has changed lately.  I hope that I haven't been one of the trouble makers. 

On the plus side, maybe the some of the changes will discourage the rash of trolls we've seen this year, and people who sign up just to make rude comments from causing trouble on this board.  I am so glad you've provided this board, Thomas and Maria Star Star

ITA with you Pixiecat  Thumb up Thumb up Star

Thanks again Maria and Thomas for all the good work.   Star Star Star

I've joinded in 2007 and I also find things have changed a lot, not as pleasant as it used to be,  but a lot of nasty behaviour from certain members.  Too much new members (most of them are trolls I think)  and a lot an old members are not posting anymore.  Sad Sad

Where are you Hester and Cece?

Star Star for Maria and Thomas

Zinny

In reality, hope is the worst of all evils, it prolongs the torments of man. F.Nietzche
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2011, 12:42:57 AM »

I've joinded in 2007 and I also find things have changed a lot, not as pleasant as it used to be,  but a lot of nasty behaviour from certain members.  Too much new members (most of them are trolls I think)  and a lot an old members are not posting anymore.  Sad Sad

Zinny

Hi Zinzen!  It's good to see you and your kitties again Star 
Elektra

Micro Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2011, 12:46:11 AM »

Wow, if nothing else, closing the Monaco section taught me one thing. The power of con artists, tax evaders and money launderers and wealthy people is everywhere. Our values like democracy or free speech. Forget about it. Elections, voting, it is just for show. To keep us quiet. Who is in charge. Well, look to Japan.  Companies like Tepco and their CEO and friends, that is rich people. None of them is cleaning up the mess and none of them is living in a shelter. And if dumb people like us dare to criticize or question their life style,  like crossing the continent in a private jet to watch a rugby game, we are shut up. At least now I know that the talking about the limousine life style of PA and his future wife made a lof of people very nervous. What are they worried about, that women stop buying yellow press magazins?
Thanks anyhow Thomas and Maria for providing for at least some time the possibility of speaking out loud.

Old boys have their playthings as well as young ones; the difference is only in the price.  (Benjamin Franklin)
zinzen

Gigantic Member

Belgium Belgium

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2011, 12:48:35 AM »

Zinny

Hi Zinzen!  It's good to see you and your kitties again Star 

Miauw

In reality, hope is the worst of all evils, it prolongs the torments of man. F.Nietzche
Paola

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2011, 01:04:17 AM »

Wow, if nothing else, closing the Monaco section taught me one thing. The power of con artists, tax evaders and money launderers and wealthy people is everywhere. Our values like democracy or free speech. Forget about it. Elections, voting, it is just for show. To keep us quiet. Who is in charge. Well, look to Japan.  Companies like Tepco and their CEO and friends, that is rich people. None of them is cleaning up the mess and none of them is living in a shelter. And if dumb people like us dare to criticize or question their life style,  like crossing the continent in a private jet to watch a rugby game, we are shut up. At least now I know that the talking about the limousine life style of PA and his future wife made a lof of people very nervous. What are they worried about, that women stop buying yellow press magazins?
Thanks anyhow Thomas and Maria for providing for at least some time the possibility of speaking out loud.

Oh please.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: