Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: House of Monpezat  (Read 2033 times)
CD.

Humongous Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« on: April 16, 2011, 09:51:37 AM »

Why is the Danish Royal Family now known as the House of Monpezat? Is this after Henrik had a hissy fit?

Fred & Mary's Children belong to the Danish Royal Family I thought...not House on Monpezat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w...cess_Josephine_of_Denmark

If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and military consequences of the lie.The truth is the greatest enemy of the State"

J Goebbels
PrincessMolly
Banned
Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 10:42:43 AM »

Why is the Danish Royal Family now known as the House of Monpezat? Is this after Henrik had a hissy fit?

Fred & Mary's Children belong to the Danish Royal Family I thought...not House on Monpezat.

As the grandchildren of Henrik, they'd belong to both. Though I am not sure how official Henrik's countly title is, I have heard it disputed here. It is kind of like the Windsors, they technically have Mountbattan-windsor in their name, for Philip's last name. Or the Greeks who are princes of Greece and Denmark, due to marriage. I'd think the Greeks use it more openly, as Anne-Marie was a Princess of Denmark, a royal title, but I could be wrong.
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 07:57:57 PM »

It's not known as the House of Monpezat. According to their website: The present Royal Family are the direct descendants of the House of Glücksborg. http://kongehuset.dk/publish.php?dogtag=k_en_fam

Margrethe has made up those Monpezat titels. PRobably to soothe Henrik's frail ego.
michelle j

Gigantic Member

United States United States

You should be jealous, you ugly fat fraus.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 08:03:12 PM »

I believe someone may have been having fun on Wikipedia.

Practically every member of the DRF as well as the SWB family's Wiki pages has been altered for fun in the past.   

Bitter Aging Ugly Fat Fraus taking a break from bitching & posting on their favorite royal board & on their way to Krispy Kreme's to buy 48 dozen glazed donuts. Then rushing home to post again whilst shoving ten donuts down their throats.
JessDawn

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 05:43:28 PM »

(I know this thread is old, but it was the only adequate thread to ask this so whatevs...)

Do you think the 'Haus ("Haus" sounds cool (?) of Monpezat' count/countess title will stop existing if anything happens?

▪ If M&H take the titles off (which I doubt)
▪ If Fred takes them off (which I doubt)
▪ If Christian has a daughter as his firstborn (Possible or impossible?)

Any other reasons?

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2016, 05:49:30 PM »

(I know this thread is old, but it was the only adequate thread to ask this so whatevs...)

Do you think the 'Haus ("Haus" sounds cool (?) of Monpezat' count/countess title will stop existing if anything happens?

▪ If M&H take the titles off (which I doubt)
▪ If Fred takes them off (which I doubt)
▪ If Christian has a daughter as his firstborn (Possible or impossible?)

Any other reasons?

The "house" has only existed since 2008.  It's completely made up.  The only way it will cease to exist is if Marge created the titles only for these three generations. 

It might continue, but it doesn't really matter since there is no royalty/nobility in France.  It's not a real house any more, and to my knowledge, it's not part of the Danish nobility system. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: