Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Curtseys  (Read 171827 times)
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: June 18, 2019, 03:38:42 AM »

Here is a video of numerous curtseys:   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzvznA6acqs
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: October 22, 2019, 11:59:48 PM »

Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: October 24, 2019, 09:35:33 PM »

jolene

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: October 24, 2019, 10:49:55 PM »

Do kings bow to kings or queens curtsey to other queens? The rules make my head dizzy.  Crazy
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: October 25, 2019, 10:30:10 PM »

Curtseys and bowing is expected to someone who is higher up the royal pecking order. It is not necessary to do so to someone of the same rank.
Example:
Commoners curtsey to everybody with a royal title
Princesses and princess, irrespective of whether they are born or married into royalty or whether they are heirs or spares or neither do not curtsey to one another, but only to kings, queens and emporers and empresses or their souvereign.
All heads of state irregardless of whether they are kings, queens, emporers or in case of a principality "only" dukes or princes do not curtsey or bow to each other. Other elected heads of states and their spouses are also equal and are not required to show deference in this way either (not that they would like to anyway, being the leaders of republican countries)

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
SvenskaSarah

Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: October 31, 2019, 03:07:59 PM »

Weird question but do Danes have a rule on curtseys that means they now lower than standard? Everytime i see Mary curtsey its always super deep. I think Marie has done similar too?
Eliza B

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: October 31, 2019, 04:28:19 PM »

Curtseys and bowing is expected to someone who is higher up the royal pecking order. It is not necessary to do so to someone of the same rank.
Example:
Princesses and princess, irrespective of whether they are born or married into royalty or whether they are heirs or spares or neither do not curtsey to one another, but only to kings, queens and emporers and empresses or their souvereign.
All heads of state irregardless of whether they are kings, queens, emporers or in case of a principality "only" dukes or princes do not curtsey or bow to each other. Other elected heads of states and their spouses are also equal and are not required to show deference in this way either (not that they would like to anyway, being the leaders of republican countries)

I think this is country specific. In UK, no one except royals must bow.  Commoners do it because they want to or think they are supposed to, but they are no longer required to bow/curtsey.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: October 31, 2019, 04:42:58 PM »

I can't really remember having seen curtseys in the Netherlands. Except in some official events, when people feel the need to do. And when for example international royal meetings.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: October 31, 2019, 10:07:08 PM »

Example:

I think this is country specific. In UK, no one except royals must bow.  Commoners do it because they want to or think they are supposed to, but they are no longer required to bow/curtsey.
Quite right, curtseying and scraping are no longer required in any country, however many "monarchists" still do that. But times change and people are of a much more democratic and equal mindset, so that a formal handshake is absolutely enough to greet even the Q of GB. (who famously said, that she could hear Cheryl Blair's knee stiffen when she said hello).
However the protocol is: commoners to royals. 

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: January 30, 2020, 10:18:15 PM »

Vere Harmsworth curtseyed to Princess Margaret of Great Britain at the Gala Ballet in 1971.     
http://www.alamy.com/prin...known-image262761020.html
Celia

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: January 31, 2020, 12:54:24 PM »

Caption is off --Vere was the husband.  This is Lady Rothermere.  That family owns the Daily Mail, our fave!
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: March 12, 2020, 10:07:16 PM »

Princess Anne curtseys to the Queen of Jordan.     
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euywL6JneNk
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: April 02, 2020, 08:29:38 PM »

Princess Mette-Marit of Norway curtseying on her wedding day     
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jIBWkDGZtw
CyrilSebastian

Gigantic Member

Ignore