Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BRF Weddings  (Read 44908 times)
Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2020, 08:45:30 PM »

Of all the resent brides Sarah Chatto and Eugenie are clearly my favourites (clothes, tiara, bouquet etc.)
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2020, 10:30:56 PM »

Marriage of King Henry I and Matilda of Scotland on November 11, 1100       
http://www.alamy.com/stoc...ember-1100-167294575.html
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2020, 09:43:09 PM »

King James V of Scotland married Mary (Marie) of Guise by proxy. Lord Maxwell acted the part of the bridegroom on May 18, 1538 in the cathedral of Notre Dame in Paris, France.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2020, 01:05:19 PM »

Well looking at the somber faces in the black and white photos, you can tell the Victorians knew how to throw a party.  Angel I have seen happier faces at funerals.

Liked Sarah Chatto's bouquet the best. In my neck of the woods Calla lilies are used mostly at funerals not weddings.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Queen’s Tea

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: June 28, 2020, 01:15:51 PM »

Well looking at the somber faces in the black and white photos, you can tell the Victorians knew how to throw a party.  Angel I have seen happier faces at funerals.

Liked Sarah Chatto's bouquet the best. In my neck of the woods Calla lilies are used mostly at funerals not weddings.

I also liked Sarah’s the best out of all of them.  Simple and elegant. Went well with her dress.  She went a little wild with the myrtle in her hair though (if that’s what that greenery is). 
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2020, 01:42:22 AM »

On August 29, 1815 the wedding of Prince Ernest Augustus, Duke of Cumberland and Frederica of Mecklenburg-Strelitz at Carlton House occurred.
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: October 29, 2020, 12:03:05 AM »

The marriage of Prince George, Duke of York to Princess Mary of Teck on July 6, 1893     
http://www.gettyimages.com/license/78952901
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2020, 12:22:53 AM »

A lovely picture of Princess Elizabeth arriving at Westminster Abbey on her wedding day     
http://www.alamy.com/stoc...f-edinburgh-20208437.html
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: November 29, 2020, 11:57:20 PM »

Princess Margaret's arrival back at Buckingham Palace after her wedding in 1960   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HOVxtHpH-Q
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: January 06, 2021, 12:19:41 AM »

When King Edward III married Philippa of Hainault at York Minster on January 24, 1328 at York Minster, the church was still being built and had no roof.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Amaryllis Flamenco Queen

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2021, 03:22:22 AM »

Princess Diana's wedding-dress designer said she was 'horrified' when she saw the royal wearing it because of how creased it was

https://www.insider.com/p...-horrified-creased-2021-1

Princess Diana's wedding-dress designer Elizabeth Emanuel once said she was "horrified" when she saw the royal on her wedding day because of how creased the dress had gotten.During an appearance on ITV's "Invitation to a Royal Wedding" in 2018, Emanuel, who designed the ivory silk gown with her former husband David Emanuel, recalled the moment she saw the Princess of Wales step out of her wedding carriage on July 29, 1981.

"We did know it would crease a bit but when I saw her arrive at St Paul's and we saw the creasing I actually felt faint," she said, according to the Daily Mirror. "I was horrified, really, because it was quite a lot of creasing. It was a lot more than we thought."

That wasn't the only wardrobe malfunction on Diana and Prince Charles' wedding day. According to InStyle, Diana's makeup artist said in a book that the princess spilled Houbigant Paris Quelques Fleurs perfume on her dress right before she walked down the aisle.

The makeup artist, Barbara Daly, said that she tried to clean the dress but that the perfume still left a large stain. Daly said she instructed the royal to hold the dress up by the stained area so it would appear that she was just trying to avoid stepping on it.

Despite the mishaps, Diana called David Emanuel after the ceremony to thank him for his work on the dress, he recently told Hello magazine.

"After all the photographs, they went in to have the wedding breakfast and I went back to my studio in Mayfair. All of my workroom ladies were there so we had a glass of champagne," he said. "We had a little party and just as I'm about to lock up, the phone rings ... I thought who's calling? It was Diana! She said 'I just wanted to say thank you so much for the gown. I loved it. Prince Charles loved it. All the family loved it.'"

He added: "It couldn't have been more special for me to hear from the client. When you design for a bride you want her to be happy. As long as the bride is happy that is all that matters. The fact she took the time before she went off on honeymoon ... that's genuine kindness."

They weren't the only one's who were disappointed. I remember thinking what a mess and why did the designers not check not only how much the silk would crease but how big the carriage would be.

It was vey nice of Diana to take the time and ring up Emanuels to tell them how much she and everyone had liked the dress on the wedding day itself.

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."  Theodore Roosevelt
periwinkle

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2021, 05:11:56 AM »

I remember having the same feeling of anticipation then she tumbles out of the carriage in a heap of wrinkles it was such a downer. Plus the style was very over done girlie girl but there were some really great details. I liked the bridesmaids and flower girl dresses better because that over the top frou frou is better suited to little girls. I also remember how sparkly her dress and veil and tiara were but how flat her hair was in all that London humidity.
kbart

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: January 06, 2021, 10:25:11 AM »

I didn't notice the creases for years, not a huge amount of fuss was made of them at the time. I was a student and watched on a rather small TV. We didn't have HELLO! and glossy magazines and digital photos. It wasn't till years later when I saw better quality footage that I realised what a crease-fest it all was.... But then we were all swept up in the fairy tale nature of the whole thing, and I didn't notice the puppet strings on my childhood TV characters either Smiley
LadyBunion

Big Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: January 06, 2021, 11:29:57 AM »

it was very creased and chaotic as she got out of the coach but by the time she was ready to go down the aisle the dress looked much better and all fell into place. It was very much a dress of its time
Duchess of Verona

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: January 07, 2021, 12:35:52 AM »

If only Downey had come out with the magical Wrinkle Releaser spray back then! It's the greatest invention, ever. Sadly, it does not work on my neck.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: