Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BRF Weddings  (Read 51937 times)
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: January 08, 2021, 12:45:21 AM »

When King Edward III married Philippa of Hainault at York Minster on January 24, 1328 at York Minster, the church was still being built and had no roof.

York Minster wedding bells   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jRgEFOl7yg
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: March 30, 2021, 11:35:38 PM »

For the wedding of Arthur, Prince of Wales and Catherine of Aragon on November 14, 1501:   
The walls of St. Paul's Cathedral were covered with costly tapestries. Under the rose window, surrounding the high altar was a display of gold plate, ornaments, and relics encrusted with precious stones.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Provence Amaryllis

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: April 26, 2021, 06:12:20 PM »

Princess Diana's wedding dress to go on show at Kensington Palace for the first time in 25 years after Prince William and Prince Harry agree to lend their mother's gown to exhibition

https://www.dailymail.co....ss-Kensington-Palace.html

Diana, Princess of Wales's famous wedding dress is to go on show at Kensington Palace for the first time in more than 25 years.

The Duke of Cambridge, 38, and the Duke of Sussex, 36, have agreed to lend their mother's romantic full silk taffeta bridal gown to Historic Royal Palaces for a temporary exhibition.

Royal Style In The Making will open in the orangery of the princess's former London home on June 3, and Diana's dress with its billowing sleeves, bows and lace flounces will be the showcase attraction.

The gown, designed by David and Elizabeth Emanuel for Lady Diana Spencer's wedding to the Prince of Wales in 1981, will be displayed along with its 25ft (7.6m) sequin-encrusted train - the longest in royal history.

The article has a few nice close up photos of the lace and sequin detail on the bodice - among other things.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.       Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Cordelia Fitzgerald

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: April 26, 2021, 11:17:26 PM »

Those close-ups really are lovely.  Exquisite handiwork that is badly overshadowed by everything else on the dress!
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: April 27, 2021, 12:25:55 AM »

Those close-ups really are lovely.  Exquisite handiwork that is badly overshadowed by everything else on the dress!

I agree. That dress has not aged well (and was it that beige in 1981?), but the handiwork is really beautiful.  The dress wore her (even with her height), and its a shame she didnt know what worked for her frame back then.
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: April 27, 2021, 12:41:14 AM »

Royal Style in The Making will open June 3. June 3 is my birthday!
Ellie

Muted
Ginormous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: April 27, 2021, 12:45:44 AM »

Good birthday present, Cyril!!

I plan on visiting the exhibit if I can make it there in September, so if I do I will be sure to share pictures with you all!

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Emac0914

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: April 27, 2021, 02:20:04 AM »

Good birthday present, Cyril!!

I plan on visiting the exhibit if I can make it there in September, so if I do I will be sure to share pictures with you all!

Happy birthday, Cyril!

Ellie, if you do get to the exhibit, wed be grateful if you posted pics!  The displays at KP are really well-planned and displayed.
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: April 29, 2021, 11:21:22 PM »

Nearly three hours of the bells rang at Westminster Abbey on Prince William and Catherine's wedding day. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWW_s4VdQcU
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: May 01, 2021, 02:02:18 AM »

Princess Mary's wedding to Viscount Lascelles in 1922 was the first royal wedding to be covered in Vogue magazine.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: