Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beatrice's "fashion"  (Read 70168 times)
jolene

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: February 03, 2020, 03:14:41 AM »

I wanted to comment on the Bea and Edo engagement thread but couldn't. Please, Bea, wear this for your wedding. I have a massive crush on this sapphire tiara.
thecrownjewelthief

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: February 03, 2020, 03:33:27 AM »

I wanted to comment on the Bea and Edo engagement thread but couldn't. Please, Bea, wear this for your wedding. I have a massive crush on this sapphire tiara.

I love it - this would be such an interesting choice!
Queenís Tea

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: February 03, 2020, 03:53:25 AM »

I love it - this would be such an interesting choice!

That tiara would be amazing on her.  Iím looking forward to another BRF wedding.   
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: February 03, 2020, 04:11:20 AM »

That's the Maria Feodorovna Sapphire Bandeau Tiara

From The 10 Most Fabulous Royal Sapphire Tiaras of All Time:

In the style of the Grand Duchess Adelaide Tiara, Maria Feodorovna’s Sapphire Bandeau is grand but not too lavish, featuring a starburst pattern of diamond rays radiating from a central blue sapphire. Some say the tiara originally belonged to Maria Feodorovna, Princess Dagmar of Denmark, the wife of Alexander III, who was Emperor of Russia, King of Poland and Grand Prince of Finland from 1881–1894. The Empress had a vast collection of jewelry that dispersed after her death, so if the tiara belonged to her, perhaps that’s how it fell into the possession of Queen Mary, wife of King George V of the United Kingdom and the British Dominions, and Emperor of India, from 1910–1936. Mary left the tiara to Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother, who often gave it to her daughter Princess Margaret to wear. While Queen Elizabeth has never worn this tiara in public, as part of the jewels owned personally by the monarchy of the United Kingdom, perhaps the new princess will delight us by wearing it.

More from the Royal Order of Splendor:

https://orderofsplendor.b...ay-marie-feodorovnas.html

Wherever the tiara came from, it was next seen on Princess Margaret. (According to The Queen’s Jewels again, Queen Mary left it to Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother, though she was never seen wearing it.) Princess Margaret wore the tiara only on a limited number of occasions in her early years. She also wore a brooch that appears to be a match for the centerpiece of the tiara. That brooch was worn through her later years.The sapphire brooch hasn’t been seen since Princess Margaret died. The tiara hasn’t been seen since she wore it. Ownership of either piece is unknown at this time. (There's even the possibility that they ended up in two separate collections.) Will they be reunited? Will the Sapphire Bandeau reappear? The waiting game will have to continue.

I hope the brooch was reunited with the tiara and is HM's possession. It would look lovely on Bea.

Compassion without truth isn't love, it's flattery. Love not only weeps, it also speaks.   Reagan Rose
chocolate_angel

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: February 06, 2020, 05:53:49 PM »

The wedding date is set for the 29th of May, reception is at Buckingham Palace
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: February 07, 2020, 08:53:41 PM »

I expect Bea's dress choice for her wedding to be interesting. But you know, Eug surprised us... so maybe...

anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: February 08, 2020, 12:45:36 AM »

I expect Bea's dress choice for her wedding to be interesting. But you know, Eug surprised us... so maybe...

True, but Iím more interested in the headwear. She is pretty out there sometimes.
Lady Liebe

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: February 08, 2020, 07:53:13 PM »

True, but Iím more interested in the headwear. She is pretty out there sometimes.

Eugenie's been no slouch in the hat department either.  As for Bea's headgear, I'm firmly on the Sapphire Bandeau bandwagon. Even if she still has it, I don't want to see Sarah's tiara. Something spectacular from Granny's vault, thank you.

Here's a little retrospective for us all:

https://www.townandcountr...ncess-beatrice-best-hats/

Bea's one absolute unforgettable one is this, good on her that she auctioned it off for charity:

Compassion without truth isn't love, it's flattery. Love not only weeps, it also speaks.   Reagan Rose
Snow Queen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: February 08, 2020, 08:42:42 PM »

This will never happen but it would be hilarious if Bea still had her toilet seat hat and loaned to Kate to wear to the wedding.

Iím excited to see her wedding because she has always had kooky fashion choices. I think it will be unique. I hope she keeps her true to herself and doesnít do a boring dress.
Carreen

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: February 08, 2020, 09:18:23 PM »

I always liked her for her crazy choices, even when they went wrong. Others go for risk-free choices and that's okay, too, but I like it when a person plays around a bit with expectations. The infamous hat was a bit too much because of its unfortunate shape but with a different model at the same level of crazy, she could have won the style lottery. She took a risk and behaved graciously even when the ridicule was overwhelming.

Both York sisters have had cruel criticism and ridicule at the times when they were most vulnerable, and dealt well with it.

I hope for a unique wedding dress, just like Eugenie's. If she gives a nod to Queen Victoria, why not? who could be in her better rights than Bea, who looks like her and is her, let me count, great-great-great-great-greatdaughter! Victoria's wedding dress was spectacular in her own time, and it's still kept, I saw a documentary about it. Wow, I'd love to see a contemporary take on that dress! :-)

I loved Eugenie's wedding, they were all beaming, and I wish all the best for Bea on her big day.
esther angeline

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: February 08, 2020, 11:44:40 PM »

The Queen should loan her Albert's gift of the sapphire broach.  I have seen the Queen where that.  It would match the sapphire bandeau!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: