Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 294   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pippa moving on to bigger and better things?  (Read 532731 times)
MoonFlower

Medium Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2011, 11:29:09 PM »

Why feel sorry for her? That's assuming that is indeed what she's doing and I can't see any evidence of that.
To me this just looks like a weekend of fun to de-stress after the wedding with her close pals. There doesn't have to be some hidden agenda attached to it.
[/quote]

If Pippa is out having fun & de-stressing after the Royal wedding than why does it always involve wealthy men with titles? Why not hang with a group of male friends that are from all walks of life, eg plumber, teacher, cleaner, carpenter, etc...like the rest of the girls her age. I think anything to do with the Middleton family has LOTS of hidden agendas as I'm pretty sure nothing happens by accident. Crazy

CountessMeOut
Banned
Mini Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2011, 12:33:30 AM »

[/quote]

Bagging the Duke of Northumberland's son is a greater prize than Prince William.  All of the money, privilege without any of the duties expected.  He's heir to his father's fortune estimated to be worth around 300 million pounds.  Do you think she'll do her own grocery shopping like Kate?  I took a look at the young man, he's still got all his hair too!!  Banana

I believe their ancestor was Henry, Lord Percy, the Earl of Northumberland, who was in love with Anne Boleyn.  He had to give her up because Henry VIII wanted her.   
[/quote]

I agree, would rather the title and money without the duties and all of the press coverage.

Anne Boleyn's first love Henry Percy may be a distant relation. He died childless, his nephew Thomas inherited his title. It was his father which would not allow them to marry,as she was considered too lowly for the heir of one of the richest landlords. The Dukes came more into the limelight with Mary I and Jane Gray.The first Duke of Northumberland's son was Guilford Dudley, Jane, the nine days queen's husband. The Dukes of Northumberland title did not become part of the Percy family, the holders of the Earl of Northumberland, until 1766, the third and current creation of the title.

No idea how rich Alex's family is, but his family does own at least an estate. No where near as impressive as Percy castle, which has of course been used in movies (The first Harry Potter movies for the courtyard scenes of the school, Robin Hood Prince of Thieves). Olantigh towers, is his family home.

http://www.drakesfamily2.....virginmedia.com/id50.htm
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2011, 01:04:25 AM »

I think both Kate and Pippa were trained to "go for the gold" from the time they were very young. Her current boyfriend's family may have a "country pile," but they don't have a title, and probably not enough money. I think it's a safe bet that "the other Middleton girl" is going to marry a *very* rich member of the aristocracy--nothing less than the heir to a duke will do.
Sunfunchick

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2011, 01:12:44 AM »

Yeah, marrying for "love" sounds good, but honestly, in the aristocracy, it is not that big of a deal.  Don't get along anymore?  So what. No need to divorce.  Just live in separate castles, estates, and so on.  Love is fleeting...money [and lots of it] lasts and spends quite nicely.  Many people are caught in bad marriages and I think it is safe to say one would MUCH prefer to be RICH and unhappy than poor and unhappy.   Roll Eyes
MoonFlower

Medium Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2011, 01:19:03 AM »

editorathome and Sunfunchick....so beautifully explained. Thanks. Smiley
danifaul

Large Member

sorry for my bad english

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2011, 01:47:05 AM »

Yeah, marrying for "love" sounds good, but honestly, in the aristocracy, it is not that big of a deal.  Don't get along anymore?  So what. No need to divorce.  Just live in separate castles, estates, and so on.  Love is fleeting...money [and lots of it] lasts and spends quite nicely.  Many people are caught in bad marriages and I think it is safe to say one would MUCH prefer to be RICH and unhappy than poor and unhappy.   Roll Eyes

how    Confused  Kent and Mountbatten
 is  Sad so sad

The Queen celebrating...return of BRF
Sunfunchick

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2011, 02:06:39 AM »

One of my neighbors once said, "Money can't buy happiness but is sure as hell helps."  I know it is sad, but when marriages fail, it all comes down to cold hard cash and custody of children.  The money makes it possible to pay for the things one needs...food, home, school, insurance, vacation, transportation, home maintenance, etc.  If everything else is equal, Pippa will go for the one with the social position and lots of $$$$$$$ in the bank. 
CountessMeOut
Banned
Mini Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2011, 02:08:30 AM »

Or trying to marry into the aristocracy in the Middletons case. Pippa marriage to an untitled perhaps wealthy banker for love? Or marriage to the son of the Duke of Northumberland, one of the richest men in Britain? I see Philippa aiming to be Phillippa Charlotte Percy, Countess Percy. She may never be queen, but Duchess of Northumberland is nothing to snear at. They just need to find a nice rich wife for James, though he'll have to settle for the money and contacts, and not the title.
Sunfunchick

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2011, 02:30:43 AM »

One thing I'm not clear on...are you sure James Middleton is heterosexual?  Has he ever been photographed with a girlfriend?  He may still manage to get a guy with a title.   Thinking   Secret
just a serf

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2011, 03:40:26 AM »

Last night out until 4am with the Duke's son - apparently without her girlfriends

Is this the same girl who has filed an official complaint against the paps?

The next day Pippa pulls another series of alluring poses (  Crap ) for the tabloids while Duke's son rows her around a lake  Lolipop

"I haven't played since I stopped." - Waity Middleton
"You only have it if you've got it." - James, Marquis of Mallow
CountessMeOut
Banned
Mini Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2011, 03:42:58 AM »

One thing I'm not clear on...are you sure James Middleton is heterosexual?  Has he ever been photographed with a girlfriend?  He may still manage to get a guy with a title.   Thinking   Secret

I wonder if there is a rule about a future duke or earl marrying another man. Can there be two dukes, two earls? Could be interesting. Any known gay aristocrats on the market?Huh?
Last night out until 4am with the Duke's son - apparently without her girlfriends

Is this the same girl who has filed an official complaint against the paps?

The next day Pippa pulls another series of alluring poses (  Crap ) for the tabloids while Duke's son rows her around a lake  Lolipop

Likely more like they are trying to pretend they don't want any PR, to look like the perfect in laws. Wonder what Alex is thinking looking at the photos.
tudorfan

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2011, 05:32:20 AM »

Oh yeah, someone looks like they've been given a major ego boost by recent publicity of the last two weeks.  I have a feeling poor Alex is not in the picture anymore (he should thank his lucky stars  Star)

"I was the one who was always pitched out front, whether it was my clothes, what I said, what my hair was doing, everything - which was a pretty dull subject, actually, and it's been exhausted over the years." - Diana
tudorfan

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2011, 05:48:55 AM »

Bagging the Duke of Northumberland's son is a greater prize than Prince William.  All of the money, privilege without any of the duties expected.  He's heir to his father's fortune estimated to be worth around 300 million pounds.  Do you think she'll do her own grocery shopping like Kate?  I took a look at the young man, he's still got all his hair too!!  Banana

I believe their ancestor was Henry, Lord Percy, the Earl of Northumberland, who was in love with Anne Boleyn.  He had to give her up because Henry VIII wanted her.   
[/quote]

I agree, would rather the title and money without the duties and all of the press coverage.

Anne Boleyn's first love Henry Percy may be a distant relation. He died childless, his nephew Thomas inherited his title. It was his father which would not allow them to marry,as she was considered too lowly for the heir of one of the richest landlords. The Dukes came more into the limelight with Mary I and Jane Gray.The first Duke of Northumberland's son was Guilford Dudley, Jane, the nine days queen's husband. The Dukes of Northumberland title did not become part of the Percy family, the holders of the Earl of Northumberland, until 1766, the third and current creation of the title.

No idea how rich Alex's family is, but his family does own at least an estate. No where near as impressive as Percy castle, which has of course been used in movies (The first Harry Potter movies for the courtyard scenes of the school, Robin Hood Prince of Thieves). Olantigh towers, is his family home.

http://www.drakesfamily2.....virginmedia.com/id50.htm
[/quote]

Thanks Countess for all the info on the Percy family.   Smiley

"I was the one who was always pitched out front, whether it was my clothes, what I said, what my hair was doing, everything - which was a pretty dull subject, actually, and it's been exhausted over the years." - Diana
SouthernBelle

Big Member

With my thumbs I like to think I'm probably useful

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2011, 06:55:21 AM »

Why feel sorry for her? That's assuming that is indeed what she's doing and I can't see any evidence of that.
To me this just looks like a weekend of fun to de-stress after the wedding with her close pals. There doesn't have to be some hidden agenda attached to it.

If Pippa is out having fun & de-stressing after the Royal wedding than why does it always involve wealthy men with titles? Why not hang with a group of male friends that are from all walks of life, eg plumber, teacher, cleaner, carpenter, etc...like the rest of the girls her age. I think anything to do with the Middleton family has LOTS of hidden agendas as I'm pretty sure nothing happens by accident. Crazy

[/quote]

Hanging around blue-collar people will not help Pips get a titled gentleman. If anything, it would remind people of her common roots and that would hurt her chances. Too bad Wills didn't realize he was being played by his "family" before the wedding. This is going to be interesting to watch over the next few years.

sleuthie

Mini Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2011, 07:44:21 AM »

'One thing I'm not clear on...are you sure James Middleton is heterosexual?  Has he ever been photographed with a girlfriend? '

Very good question. I have also thought the same. He didn't bring a date to the Wedding, and it's not like he would have any dificulty getting a girl to accompany him to such an occasion !

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 294   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: