Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 302   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pippa moving on to bigger and better things?  (Read 893018 times)
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4320 on: May 16, 2017, 07:22:05 PM »

I've never been so sick of a wedding I wasn't invited to.  Just get married and write an inane book of tips and tricks for the modern bride, already.

http://www.dailymail.co.u...planning-CRAIG-BROWN.html

This Craig Brown is a comedian mocking her? (That would be my hope ... otherwise I would have to assess her an IQ of HALF a slice of bread. They really intimidating thing is ... I could perfectly imagine her writing such bullshit for real.)

___

Several sons and daughters of real Earls, Dukes and whatnot got married within the last years with less fuss and public interest - why can't she? The hype is meanwhile just as overwhelming as back when WK married.
The only thing their PR really missed is getting it televised.
royalsareajoke

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4321 on: May 16, 2017, 08:24:14 PM »

I've never been so sick of a wedding I wasn't invited to.  Just get married and write an inane book of tips and tricks for the modern bride, already.

I think we are invited in the virtual sense Cool  We've all been subjected to this way over the top crapola and maybe it won't be televised but you can bet that we'll be 'invited' to see 'released' pictures by the gazillions. The build up to this is ridiculous and I think intended to make sure that we all know that the sister of the wife to the heir to the heir is hitching up with a multi millionaire hedge fund manager or some other fancy title.(the Pips had to have some sort of title in it somehow).   This isn't just Phillipa and James, **gasp** that's for plebs. Oh no, we must be aware that they are much more than just names. I'm reasonably certain that this hoopla isn't meant to entertain us, but to impress us and all those further up the social ladder. I think I'm beginning to see that oblivion and self delusion, grandiosity and seeing themselves in a 'bespoke' mirror runs rampant in that family. I'm sick of it as well, but am highly amused at the puffeduppippa show. I might even change clothes while viewing pictures. One outfit for the hitching, and one for the reception. Where is all this money coming from to rent/buy/borrow a glass whateveritis? It's so ridiculous and ott that I wonder if a cotton candy machine might not be around somewhere, what's a circus w/o that?  Clown Clown Clown Clown  JMO
And yes, freethespoon, the book is probably in the works and reservations for copies are being taken, but secretly since this is such a private couple.  Star
The Craig Brown article is hilarious as are the comments from the outraged 'trolls'.  Laughing

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
Kaiserin

Gigantic Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4322 on: May 16, 2017, 08:44:17 PM »

...**gasp** that's for plebs. Oh no, we must be aware that they are much more than just names. I'm reasonably certain that this hoopla isn't meant to entertain us, but to impress us and all those further up the social ladder. ...

Agree that it's for the plebs, but in NO WAY would anyone further up the social ladder be impressed by this hoopla, which now ties up with the Kanye/Kardashian wedding, cringe factor wise.

If she wanted to prove that she's definitely NOT the right person to marry into nobility, then this wedding countdown is most probably the last proof for most noble mums how wise it was to keep their sons far way from her ...
Suzy

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4323 on: May 16, 2017, 08:47:29 PM »

I've never been so sick of a wedding I wasn't invited to.  Just get married and write an inane book of tips and tricks for the modern bride, already.

This Craig Brown is a comedian mocking her? (That would be my hope ... otherwise I would have to assess her an IQ of HALF a slice of bread. They really intimidating thing is ... I could perfectly imagine her writing such bullshit for real.)

___

Several sons and daughters of real Earls, Dukes and whatnot got married within the last years with less fuss and public interest - why can't she? The hype is meanwhile just as overwhelming as back when WK married.

Because she is no daughter of an earl or duke secure in their wealth and/or position in society but of someone who wants the world to know how far that family did climb.  Whistle I love the design of the green house but it's so over the top for the mere sister of boring Kate Middleton. Well, KP didn't help when publishing an official statement. Another sign of how incompetent this office is. Especially when releasing statements *cough*theonelastyear*cough* demanding privacy but making such fuss about a private event not even remotely connected with the RF. It's as if you go to a pub wearing a hat full of blinking lights and tell everyone not to look at it because it's a private visit. Just because the Cambridges attend and G and C will be props used to show off the success of the House of Midds doesn't mean it's official. Or do they want to publish an official statement every time the kids will be in a school play or attend a friend's birthday party (if they are lucky enough to ever be allowed)? Silly people. All of them.

I still live in hope that this will be the end of Pippa's way too extended 15 min of fame and she will live happily ever after somewhere without cell reception to call the paps. But I fear the green house is there to stay and to start the organic food business that was mentioned months ago. Maybe brother James will get a job there too. Just nothing that involves managing a business.  Spiteful

JMO
Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4324 on: May 16, 2017, 09:11:51 PM »

Laugh bounce                      Hug                             Star

MidnightDiamond

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4325 on: May 16, 2017, 10:13:38 PM »

How many dresses does she need?
http://www.dailymail.co.u...eton-s-wedding-dress.html
gudgeon

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4326 on: May 17, 2017, 01:56:58 AM »

So now, even if you have a ring (and financially supported the family for decades behind the scenes)...it's still no +1. Poor uncle Gary isn't even allowed to bring his wife. WTF?! Pippa and Carole...SNOBS.

"However the Mail understands that while an olive branch has been extended by Pippa to her uncle, his wife of five years, Julie-Ann, has not been invited to the high-profile nuptials.

And his pretty, privately-educated daughter, Tallulah, Pippa’s cousin, who will accompany him as his ‘plus-one’, has been overlooked as a bridesmaid."

http://www.dailymail.co.u...g-year.html#ixzz4hHzVqASU

My adventures in baking: http://bakedtoorder.blogspot.com/ 
royalsareajoke

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4327 on: May 17, 2017, 02:13:02 AM »

...**gasp** that's for plebs. Oh no, we must be aware that they are much more than just names. I'm reasonably certain that this hoopla isn't meant to entertain us, but to impress us and all those further up the social ladder. ...

Agree that it's for the plebs, but in NO WAY would anyone further up the social ladder be impressed by this hoopla, which now ties up with the Kanye/Kardashian wedding, cringe factor wise.

If she wanted to prove that she's definitely NOT the right person to marry into nobility, then this wedding countdown is most probably the last proof for most noble mums how wise it was to keep their sons far way from her ...

I suspect that those higher up the food chain/social ladder are even more amused than we are.  Wink  Not that I would want to but my impression is that you have to be 'invited' or 'accepted' so to speak into those circles, you don't bulldoze your way in. Your analogy fits, and it's  Dead  inducing. But James doesn't appear to be bothered by this nonsense, so I wonder about his reasoning. I have yet to see a picture anywhere that shows true love, or even being smitten on either part of this "dontlookatusweareveryprivatepeopleandmakesurethecameragetsmybestsidecouple'. You can almost hear the sighs of relief from other potential prey. I wonder what will happen when the wedding is over and they are officially a married couple.  Thinking  Somehow, I just don't see Pippa just settling into married life out of the public eye. 'Twill be interesting to see, and certainly will make for some great dishing. IMO Do you think a video of the great and ever so important newsworthy must know every detail wedding will mysteriously surface, and be for sale?  Secret Secret  The song "Much Ado About Nothing" keeps running thru my head, and I don't like that song at all.
 Star  for that hilarious article by Craig Brown.

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
Celia

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4328 on: May 17, 2017, 02:54:40 AM »

This is why I wouldn't be surprised if none of the nobility shows up.  Bride AND groom are just so nouveaux riches.  After all, *his* father is self-made, just like hers, though with a lot more cash.
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4329 on: May 17, 2017, 03:05:18 AM »

So now, even if you have a ring (and financially supported the family for decades behind the scenes)...it's still no +1. Poor uncle Gary isn't even allowed to bring his wife. WTF?! Pippa and Carole...SNOBS.

"However the Mail understands that while an olive branch has been extended by Pippa to her uncle, his wife of five years, Julie-Ann, has not been invited to the high-profile nuptials.

And his pretty, privately-educated daughter, Tallulah, Pippa’s cousin, who will accompany him as his ‘plus-one’, has been overlooked as a bridesmaid."

http://www.dailymail.co.u...g-year.html#ixzz4hHzVqASU

I find this very interesting.  If I were married to Uncle Gary, I would want my husband to tell his social-climbing niece and pushy sister to naff off and not attend.  I think it is rather disrespectful to his wife for him to go to the shindig, because by doing so he is impliedly accepting that she is not worthy of being there, and that's a jab at him, too.  This assumes they are happily married, of course, and that's something I don't know.
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4330 on: May 17, 2017, 03:09:27 AM »

This is why I wouldn't be surprised if none of the nobility shows up.  Bride AND groom are just so nouveaux riches.  After all, *his* father is self-made, just like hers, though with a lot more cash.

Yeah, but the future king and his also-future-king son will be there, as will the future king's brother.  For this lot, they are the star attractions not the bride and groom.
KimmySue

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #4331 on: May 17, 2017, 03:58:18 AM »

___

That article was hilarious!  Laughing
PruNordstrom

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4332 on: May 17, 2017, 06:42:02 AM »

So now, even if you have a ring (and financially supported the family for decades behind the scenes)...it's still no +1. Poor uncle Gary isn't even allowed to bring his wife.

So another source of silent funding for PP has been found?

I find this very interesting.  If I were married to Uncle Gary, I would want my husband to tell his social-climbing niece and pushy sister to naff off and not attend.  I think it is rather disrespectful to his wife for him to go to the shindig, because by doing so he is {implicitly} accepting that she is not worthy of being there, and that's a jab at him, too.

If you can't accept the wife as guest, then don't invite the brother.

Time will come for Uncle Gary to write a book and there won't be enough sibling affection left to omit more interesting stories. But a disrespected wife has so many more intriguing stories to tell about her in-laws. Gary has had more than one wife.
 Thinking

The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting.
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #4333 on: May 17, 2017, 07:22:57 AM »

so is brother Jam'ie going to be one of the bride's maids ...anyone heard? 

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
ortensia
Banned
Banned
Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #4334 on: May 17, 2017, 06:20:33 PM »

meteo men say it could rain on pippa's jour j and girls,isn't it bad luck?

we italian call this peculiar problem (bad weather just when you absolutely deserve beautiful weather) "la nuvola di fantozzi", fantozzi's cloud.
it's an old movie,a classic over here.
fantozzi,working man with few satisfactions from his career/family/love life etc at last goes on holiday and a nasty cloud keeps following his car,raining only on his car
https://video.search.yaho...5eeb48bd&action=click

i sincerely hope pippa's day will not be rainy because ok,the borrowed that huge marquise,but a sunny may wedding is better than a damp one.

ciao beeeeellllleeeeeeee
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 302   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: