Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 302   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pippa moving on to bigger and better things?  (Read 893032 times)
emtishell

Big Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4350 on: May 19, 2017, 02:33:56 AM »

http://www.dailymail.co.u...oing-Scottish-themed.html

Cultural misappropriation much??
MidnightDiamond

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4351 on: May 19, 2017, 02:37:31 AM »

what? lol not everything is cultural appropriation. Probably the fact James is set to inherit a bought Scottish title +10k estate, they want to incorporate that into their wedding.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 02:42:39 AM by MidnightDiamond » Logged
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4352 on: May 19, 2017, 03:41:52 AM »

Quite apart from James' connection to Scotland via his family's recent Glen Affric connection, I don't see anything odd about them having a Scottish theme.  They are British, and Scotland is still part of the island of Britain and of the Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.  If they like things Scottish, why not incorporate them into their wedding?  Isn't imitation still considered to be the sincerest form of flattery?  

I am now mildly interested in this wedding.  Whisky and bagpipes work for me.  Not sure about the haggis canapes.
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #4353 on: May 19, 2017, 03:54:56 AM »

Ma and Pippy better be worried about what Waity is going to turn up in. 
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4354 on: May 19, 2017, 04:11:17 AM »

I think they'll know what she'll be wearing.  Isn't she staying with them?   If I were Ma and Pippy, and Waity, I'd be worried about what Meghan is going to turn up in.
Aubiette

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4355 on: May 19, 2017, 04:17:57 AM »

I think when it comes to your wedding you should be able to have whatever type of wedding that you would like. If you are lucky enough to have an over the top budget then do whatever you want. This is their day so I hope it is all they dream it will be.
As someone who is dying to visit Scotland one day and with their obvious connections, I can understand why they might want to incorporate it into their day.
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #4356 on: May 19, 2017, 04:56:10 AM »

she'll turn up wearing nothing.

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #4357 on: May 19, 2017, 04:58:33 AM »

Quite apart from James' connection to Scotland via his family's recent Glen Affric connection, I don't see anything odd about them having a Scottish theme.  They are British, and Scotland is still part of the island of Britain and of the Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.  If they like things Scottish, why not incorporate them into their wedding?  Isn't imitation still considered to be the sincerest form of flattery? 

I am now mildly interested in this wedding.  Whisky and bagpipes work for me.  Not sure about the haggis canapes.

Pimpy is going to play table tennis with her guests ...'cause it is her favourite sport.'Daily Fail'.

wow.

G Blink

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
debbydeb

Gigantic Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #4358 on: May 19, 2017, 05:01:27 AM »

Quite apart from James' connection to Scotland via his family's recent Glen Affric connection, I don't see anything odd about them having a Scottish theme.  They are British, and Scotland is still part of the island of Britain and of the Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.  If they like things Scottish, why not incorporate them into their wedding?  Isn't imitation still considered to be the sincerest form of flattery? 

I am now mildly interested in this wedding.  Whisky and bagpipes work for me.  Not sure about the haggis canapes.

The Mildly Matthews Middlingtons.
Could be a name of a reality show or something.
They should do that for their wedding.

(edit: come to think of it, will she change her name, or keep her maiden name? Pippa Middleton has cache as sister to the wife of the future king. Pippa Matthews means nothing other than wife of maybe some bought-for titled person).
rosella
Banned
Banned
Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4359 on: May 19, 2017, 05:24:38 AM »

I wouldn't be surprised if Pippa decides to adopt the title of Lady Glen Affric after she's married. She'd enjoy that, I think.
lothwen

Warned
Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #4360 on: May 19, 2017, 05:34:40 AM »

I wouldn't be surprised if Pippa decides to adopt the title of Lady Glen Affric after she's married. She'd enjoy that, I think.

I would think that would get her laughed out of the aristo circles she wants to run around in.
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4361 on: May 19, 2017, 06:56:37 AM »

The Mildly Matthews Middlingtons.
Could be a name of a reality show or something.
They should do that for their wedding.

(edit: come to think of it, will she change her name, or keep her maiden name? Pippa Middleton has cache as sister to the wife of the future king. Pippa Matthews means nothing other than wife of maybe some bought-for titled person).

My guess is she'll keep her maiden name, whether she likes it or not.  By that I mean people like us and also the press will keep referring to her as Pippa Middleton.  If her sister is still called Kate Middleton after more than five years as Duchess of Cambridge, I don't like Pippa's chances.

Trier1

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4362 on: May 19, 2017, 11:26:00 AM »

I would think that would get her laughed out of the aristo circles she wants to run around in.
Yes because it is a title that comes with the estate not an inherit title. So whoever owns the estate has the title. And she can't use Lady as long as her husband doesn't own it. Her title would be something like "Mrs Matthews of Glen Affric the younger" because her father-in-law is still alive and still owns the estate.
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #4363 on: May 19, 2017, 12:18:19 PM »

Yes because it is a title that comes with the estate not an inherit title. So whoever owns the estate has the title. And she can't use Lady as long as her husband doesn't own it. Her title would be something like "Mrs Matthews of Glen Affric the younger" because her father-in-law is still alive and still owns the estate.

Have just done a bit of googling about lairds, including the web page of the Lord Lyon.  "The Court of the Lord Lyon is the heraldic authority for Scotland and deals with all matters relating to Scottish Heraldry and Coats of Arms and maintains the Scottish Public Registers of Arms and Genealogies."

According to that authority, the term "laird" is a description rather than a title.  To have any claim to distinction, the owner of Glen Affric would have to have been granted a coat of arms by the Lord Lyon, which signifies nobility.  Even then, it would not give him the status of a peer.  As far as I can tell, Matthews has not been granted arms.  I suspect he would not have even applied for them.  From the little I know of him he seems a reasonable sort of person and must have some sense to have achieved the success he has achieved.  Since he has no real connection to the property, merely having bought it and developed it for commercial purposes, and does not identify as living there, and does not have any particular association with the region or the people living there, he probably would prefer to preserve his dignity and not to give the powers that be the opportunity to laugh him and his bank account out of town.  

I think James and Pippa would be well advised to downplay this connection unless they eventually decide to live there permanently and raise their children there and forge a connection to the land and the local people.  I hope James has more sense than to encourage any Middleton zeal on Pippa's part to claim entitlement for them to be known as James Matthews, Younger of Glen Affric and Mrs. Matthews, Younger, which is all they could be known until he inherits the property, if indeed he does inherit it.

Trier1

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #4364 on: May 19, 2017, 12:30:23 PM »

There was a short thing about his father and brother yestrday evening on German TV. Something about very rich people and they said he was a selfmade man who bought Eden Rock when it was in ruins and made a fortune out of it but his son Spencer, who is working at the hotel doesn't get it just as a present, he said his children must work for the things and prove that they are ready and worthy to get them. So it is not even clear whether James will get Glen Affric or not one day. Oh and his father didn't mention Pippa or her in-laws  Thumb up, he seemed quite nirmal for a rich guy.
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 [291] 292 293 ... 302   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: