Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Could Diana Memorial Cause Problems Between Camilla and Charles?  (Read 7246 times)
Hermione

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2007, 04:25:49 PM »

I haven't followed this whole memorial thing but I was surprised to see that the Queen attended...
lupina

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2007, 09:20:07 PM »

I haven't followed this whole memorial thing but I was surprised to see that the Queen attended...

I don't think I'm surprised, I also think that the Queen got the message from the nation when she took so long to come from Balmoral to London, and fly the standard from Buckingham Palace, and acknowledge that Diana had died; -  it would have been an undiplomatic move not to attend IMO.

lupina

Be who you are, and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind - Dr Seuss

The other RD - http://richarddawkins.net/
CD.

Humongous Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2007, 12:40:49 AM »

I think the Queen knows that the blame is mainly all Charles and that ***** he married.

If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and military consequences of the lie.The truth is the greatest enemy of the State"

J Goebbels
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2007, 03:00:44 AM »

"eighteenth century French diplomat Charles Talleyrand, famously said of teh doomed Bourbon dynasty that they had forgotten nothing, and learned nothing, and similar criticisms were levelled at Prince Charles, this week"
"What was supposed to be an occasion for quite national recollection and memorial became as so often happens with events planned by the Windsors - the culmination of perhaps the worst week for the royal family since the event they were gathering to commemorate' Stephen Bates, Guardian.

way to go Chucky Thumb down Dead

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
CD.

Humongous Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2007, 04:55:47 AM »

When the boys turned up, the crowd clapped. tehy even greated the Queen. When Charles turned up, no one said anything. I think that says it all.

If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and military consequences of the lie.The truth is the greatest enemy of the State"

J Goebbels
Princess H.

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2007, 05:17:02 PM »

When the boys turned up, the crowd clapped. tehy even greated the Queen. When Charles turned up, no one said anything. I think that says it all.

I agree.
lynda

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2007, 07:06:43 PM »

Charles just doesn't get it.  How tacky to delibertly leave the seat next to him (that was for Camilla) empty------------still 3-in the marriage/death/memorial.
Liesl

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2007, 03:25:30 AM »

Charles should stop playing these childish games and for once act maturely and someone who deserves to inherit the throne.  So, popular consensus was they don't want Camilla at the memorial.  QE says don't go and Camilla decides to follow QE's edict and doesn't go.  And what does spoiled brat sulky Charles do?  Leave an empty seat next to him to announce to the world that his wife should have been there. Then he left soon after the memorial to be with Camilla. Didn't he care about his boys' feeling who arranged the memorial?

Grow up!  If he really wants the British monarchy to continue and for him become the next King he's got to accept that there are just things that he has to accept and suck it up no matter how unpalatable they may be!  He already got what he wanted and made Camilla his wife.  But that doesn't mean the British has accepted her and forgotten Diana.  If all of these are so unacceptable to him, how about just renouncing his right to succession like Edward VIII and live a quieter life in Highgrove with his garden and Camilla.  No pressure, no humiliation, no public engagements, etc.
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2007, 04:03:31 AM »

Charles just doesn't get it.  How tacky to delibertly leave the seat next to him (that was for Camilla) empty------------still 3-in the marriage/death/memorial.

Ouuhhh NO!! that seat was for Diana!!

Martha-Louise channeled her - didn't you hear/see her there Angel   Halo

Wink

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Charlotte

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2007, 04:11:13 AM »

Charles should stop playing these childish games and for once act maturely and someone who deserves to inherit the throne.  So, popular consensus was they don't want Camilla at the memorial.  QE says don't go and Camilla decides to follow QE's edict and doesn't go.  And what does spoiled brat sulky Charles do?  Leave an empty seat next to him to announce to the world that his wife should have been there. Then he left soon after the memorial to be with Camilla. Didn't he care about his boys' feeling who arranged the memorial?

Grow up!  If he really wants the British monarchy to continue and for him become the next King he's got to accept that there are just things that he has to accept and suck it up no matter how unpalatable they may be!  He already got what he wanted and made Camilla his wife.  But that doesn't mean the British has accepted her and forgotten Diana.  If all of these are so unacceptable to him, how about just renouncing his right to succession like Edward VIII and live a quieter life in Highgrove with his garden and Camilla.  No pressure, no humiliation, no public engagements, etc.

But Liesl, Camilla probably only married Charles for the crown and the money, so I don't think she'd let Charles give it all up for her.  She's way too humble for that.

CD.

Humongous Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2007, 09:54:37 AM »

Did this happen! What a dickhead. God he is such a twit.

Did he ever save a seat for Diana?

J Goebbels
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2007, 10:11:06 AM »

I thought that was very crass as well.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Jane

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2007, 10:58:52 AM »

As a UK journalist said, the whole problem all the way is that Charles was never prepared to put Diana first. During the  engagement and the honeymoon he was still hanging around Camilla, she was a permanent presence in the marriage and then for Diana's own memorial service he wanted Camilla in the front row. Wherever there was Diana, he thought he had the right to have Camilla too.
The man just doesn't get anything about people whereas Diana, despite her faults,  always did.
We cannot have these ridiculous people as monarchs of Australia.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2007, 12:10:11 PM »

I am not sure if Diana always got things right, but Jane I think you indeed hit the nail by the head.
"Wherever there was Diana, he thought he had the right to have Camilla too."
That is probably and might always have been his feeling. He is probably the most monogamous man in history (his uncle George V included) Camilla is the leading lady and he will not give anyone else but the Queen precedence over her.
Nice for her, problamatic for many others.

Camilla didn't marry Charles for the money or the title. I would think she married him despite all that. She was relatively comforrtable moneywise and lead the life of a well-off country Lady. I doubt she had any higher aspirations. She could have married Charles in the first place many years ago, had she had her eyes on the price instead the man.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
dwi

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2007, 04:26:43 PM »

Well, I think the biggest joke is that when he's king he'll be the head of the Church of England!!!!!!    Nerves Thumb down Nono  Talk about two-faced.  He is no role model.  Whistle Whistle

And yes, it is an insult to his children to even suggest Camilla attending.  Almost wished she had, though, just to see what the reaction would've been.     Didn't know about the empty seat thing.  What a loser.  He and Camilla have no shame.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: