Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Could Diana Memorial Cause Problems Between Camilla and Charles?  (Read 7245 times)
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2007, 08:48:26 PM »

What pisses me off about Charles is that he thinks he is entitled to everything, King, Country and Camilla.
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2007, 01:55:51 AM »

I am not sure if Diana always got things right, but Jane I think you indeed hit the nail by the head.
"Wherever there was Diana, he thought he had the right to have Camilla too."
That is probably and might always have been his feeling. He is probably the most monogamous man in history (his uncle George V included) Camilla is the leading lady and he will not give anyone else but the Queen precedence over her.
Nice for her, problamatic for many others.

Camilla didn't marry Charles for the money or the title. I would think she married him despite all that. She was relatively comforrtable moneywise and lead the life of a well-off country Lady. I doubt she had any higher aspirations. She could have married Charles in the first place many years ago, had she had her eyes on the price instead the man.

sorry fairy... I beg to differ... if all the crap I have read at my local supermarket check out tells me right...then SHE had all the intentions of his crown, before HIM!
she and her bed-hopping husband, were NOT well orff (as they say in the cournty) and most of their country life-style in later and later years was financed by our Dumbo Chuck II. Cowmilla's husband randy andy had some sort of fancy archaic title in Quuen's service (and also serviced Anne...!!) but on the overall, they struggled. Cowmilla's family is somewhat older family (but not as grand as Diana's) and she did not have much $ inherited. Sure she lived better than above english working income, but more pretensions.

plus her opening line to Dumbo Chuck was my ancestor Alice Keppel was your Eddy's consort...or some such tacky line...  Chucky dittered and she did not wait, thinking she could reel both in...married Randy Andy, and kep chuck as the cash cow. He is just too depenent and insecure to notice...such a piss weak man that he is...

and no you can't have your cake and eat it too. one has to go. My bet is on his crown...

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Princess H.

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2007, 04:29:15 AM »

and no you can't have your cake and eat it too. one has to go. My bet is on his crown...

Interesting idea! Do you think he could be skipped over?
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2007, 09:49:57 AM »

I don't know Getafix, I think Charles and Camilla will have the cake and eat it too.
I don't see him skipped over by his bright as a glowworm son Wills and "do everything EVERYTHING to get the ring"Kate. At least I hope and pray....
But then I have always been a bit more sympathetic to ChuckyCharles and Camilla, so maybe that it explains it. I think he is doing a good job. (I am however trying to turn a blind and deaf face to the empty seat at the service No, which was quite 'a beetje dumb')

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
wear

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2007, 02:47:36 PM »

i don't know about the British Royal Family, but their people and the media are as hard as the Spanish ones are. it seems to me that Felipe is getting it right with the way he works hard, and the only obstacle with him is that letizia is not liked by some spaniards because she was divorced. while as much as i like charles' choices of patronages, he almost often stumbles in his personal choices. and on william, he is not showing any sharpness in him either. i don't think the choice of kate as a future queen of england is promising. a good future consort has to have something above the ordinary people in the land, in my opinion.
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2007, 03:34:56 PM »

The problem for Charles is that the media just has no respect for him and that is going to cause problems. Its the opposite with the Queen becasue she is very well-respected not just by the press, but by the British people.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Liesl

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2007, 01:41:52 AM »

The problem for Charles is that the media just has no respect for him and that is going to cause problems. Its the opposite with the Queen becasue she is very well-respected not just by the press, but by the British people.

I know there was a recent Dutch poll that indicated the Dutch would welcome WA as their King in the event QB abdicates.  Has there been any British polls of the same kind? 

When talking with my British friends, their attitude range from indifferent to the monarchy to wanting the monarchy abolished. 
Charlotte

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2007, 02:56:28 AM »

Camilla didn't marry Charles for the money or the title. I would think she married him despite all that. She was relatively comforrtable moneywise and lead the life of a well-off country Lady. I doubt she had any higher aspirations. She could have married Charles in the first place many years ago, had she had her eyes on the price instead the man.

No, she could not have married Charles before.  His family pretty much blocked the way.

dwi

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2007, 03:00:29 AM »

Wasn't one of the main reasons the fact that she wasn't a virgin?Huh?Huh?  Wonder if Charles was the lucky  Thumb down devirginizer?   Thinking
Jane

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2007, 03:02:49 AM »

when she got together with Charles she was known to be not a virgin so was seen automatically as not eligible. Plus she was in hot pursuit of Andrew PB and was trying to make him jealous.
They were quite young- mid-twenties and Charles was about to disappear into the Navy for 2 years. I don't think they realised that the mixture of friendship, lust and feeling comfortable together was such a powerful recipe for life long compatibility.
Not that this condones their subsequent behaviour up to and including Diana's memorial.
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2007, 03:14:13 AM »

Cowmilla is a Catholic!

she can NEVER be suitable for queen consort since Henry VIII had his way over Rome to marry Anne Boleyn.

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Charlotte

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2007, 04:56:17 AM »

No, she's not catholic.  Whatever gave you that idea?  Sure, APB is probably catholic, but that doesn't mean she converted.  If she was catholic then that would have been a whole 'nother issue alongside the other ones.

getafix

Most Exalted Member

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2007, 05:16:40 AM »

I beleive I have read it that she converted when she married randy andy. Its interesting, 'cuase I went to check on my memory on this fact, and all info about her, neatly omit her faith side-stepping by saying her two childen ARE catholic. but they do NOT mention her as one. NOR they say she is ANglican, either. Thinking

anyone have any ideas/knowldge on this....

tak in advance Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: