Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Feminists rally against 'sexist' reaction to IMF arrest  (Read 10951 times)
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« on: May 23, 2011, 06:41:57 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/wa...ure=player_embedded#at=20

http://www.theatlanticwir...trauss-kahn-arrest/38026/

http://dailycaller.com/20...p-blaming-alleged-victim/

http://www.independent.co...skahn-affair-2287820.html

Disgusting Pig

Marianne
Banned
Small Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 06:57:49 PM »

I  do agree.

It is intolerable how people try to blame the alleged victim.

In our day and age. Depressing.
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 07:20:17 PM »

Sexism is a huge problem. It always terrifies me to see how disgusting crimes like rape are still trivial offenses.  Thumb down
Our German "women" minister is a bitch. Many women feel derided by this useless Schröder. And masculinism, a movement which chief aim is to disfranchise women is more and more socially acceptable, because when men fail it´s the fault of the woman.  Real mad
That´s their believe  Ranting

Marianne
Banned
Small Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 07:42:06 PM »

Sexism is a huge problem. It always terrifies me to see how disgusting crimes like rape are still trivial offenses.  Thumb down
Our German "women" minister is a bitch. Many women feel derided by this useless Schröder. And masculinism, a movement which chief aim is to disfranchise women is more and more socially acceptable, because when men fail it´s the fault of the woman.  Real mad

Our Danish minister for Gender Equality are talking a lot about equel rights for men!  Yikes

And the acces to medical school are changed to favor men!  Yikes

And a lot of people are talking about women has to be more feminin because men are so suppressed. 

Still we have yet to see the first female primeminister!

And people (mostly older people) are saying "we can't imagine a female primeminister".

It is so depressing.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 07:54:54 PM by Marianne » Logged
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 07:50:39 PM »

Whiny men lobbyists congrats for your success 

Marianne
Banned
Small Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 07:56:18 PM »

Whiny men lobbyists congrats for your success 

LOL  Star

Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 08:31:13 PM »

http://jezebel.com/580454...e-of-strauss+kahn-scandal

Have to say kudos to the USA for not to be gentle to this dork  Thumb up
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2011, 08:34:08 PM »

The way most French press has been covering this story has been disgusting 

Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2011, 08:51:58 PM »

i've also been struck by the arnold reactions in the same way.  everyone is concentrating on the woman being ugly NOT on his abuse of using a woman/women (i think there's going to be more kids JMO) because of his power. 

it is disgusting to blame the victim and bring her child into the story in both instances.  am i surprised  Cry No, not really, it's still the norm for some powerful men to use sex as a way to "keep score" and feed their ego, all the while crushing and destroying innocent people and their families lives.

i wouldn't be surprised if he didn't make a run for it, what's a couple of million dollars lost on bail if you're looking at time in prison.  roman polanski has had a wonderful life "on the run".  he has the friends (with big ocean going boats) and resources to get to the safety of non- extradition country.  he's a coward, put 2 and 2 together.....he just might go for it.

i think he's done this a thousand times before and women were intimidated to come forward, his mistake was paying for his own "private" visit otherwise, I think it would be diplomatic immunity and he's be scot free.

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
abs

Humongous Member

Svalbard and Jan Mayen Svalbard and Jan Mayen

Illegal substances? MOI???!!!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2011, 09:10:41 PM »

Our Danish minister for Gender Equality are talking a lot about equel rights for men!  Yikes

And the acces to medical school are changed to favor men!  Yikes

And a lot of people are talking about women has to be more feminin because men are so suppressed. 

Still we have yet to see the first female primeminister!

And people (mostly older people) are saying "we can't imagine a female primeminister".

It is so depressing.

It is very depressing.
I don´t know if anybody here remembers the former Icelandic president, Vigdís Finnbogadóttir. She was the first ever democratically elected female president in the world. She was elected in 1984, 1988 and in 1992 (she did not run in 1996).
She was the best representative Iceland has EVER had, just eminent at her job. Classy, highly educated, charming, funny, diplomatic, the list goes on and on.
I remember something that INFURUIATED me. In the press in Iceland, there was some talk (by men of course)towards the end of her presidency that, oh well, she had done well, but now it was time for a man to take over..... WHY???
What more can you do than she did? - and then in the end being dissed by many JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE A WOMAN!!!  Ranting Ranting Ranting Ranting Ranting Ranting  Real mad Real mad Real mad Real mad

Here is a photo of her. She did GREAT! And that wasn´t enough for some people!!!
Rant over...

SEXY,SEXY!!!
Snow Queen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2011, 09:15:42 PM »

i've also been struck by the arnold reactions in the same way.  everyone is concentrating on the woman being ugly NOT on his abuse of using a woman/women (i think there's going to be more kids JMO) because of his power.  it is disgusting to blame the victim and bring her child into the story in both instances.  am i surprised  Cry No, not really, it's still the norm for some powerful men to use sex as a way to "keep score" and feed their ego, all the while crushing and destroying innocent people and their families lives.

i wouldn't be surprised if he didn't make a run for it, what's a couple of million dollars lost on bail if you're looking at time in prison.  roman polanski has had a wonderful life "on the run".  he has the friends (with big ocean going boats) and resources to get to the safety of non- extradition country.  he's a coward, put 2 and 2 together.....he just might go for it.

i think he's done this a thousand times before and women were intimidated to come forward, his mistake was paying for his own "private" visit otherwise, I think it would be diplomatic immunity and he's be scot free.

In the Arnold situation, it takes two to tango. She is equally as guilty as he is and both are disgusting.
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2011, 09:24:52 PM »

abs: this is "normal". A woman can create empires (Catherine, Elizabeth, Victoria, Isabella..), write amazing books (Bronte sisters, Colette, Spark...), revolutionize the fashion world (Chanel, Schiaparelli) etc. But if a man does this it´s greater.  Thumb down
Thatcher wasn´t a pussy cat, but if she would have been a guy, everyone would say "we need someone know like him, someone who is hard".
Idun

Huge Member

Vatican City State Vatican City State

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2011, 10:25:12 PM »

We all know how it started;
Adam's first wife Lilith, was too independent and so he requested a new, less independent one;

Then Eve came along, woe mankind. She pleased Adam, took care of the garden, probably did the laundry and she even served him dinner; Would you like an apple, dear?

Then it sort of got downhill from there;
Do not try to achieve anything in politics, it could end up nasty (Cleopatra)

Do not try to write your own gospel, it doesn't matter how close you were to Jesus, the men will only think of you as a hooker anyway. Maria Magdalena, was never a whore.  Nono

And whatever you do, don't waste your time saving your country from a never ending war. They'll thank you by beheading you. Jeanne d'Arc.

A good example is that of Alexander the greats sister. Many people don't even know that Alexander the great had a sister, Cynane, famous on her own right as a brilliant warrior. No, it's all about "Phillip and Alex" and sometimes his mother is bashed (for good reasons though)  Secret But she's rarely, if ever, mentioned either.
abs

Humongous Member

Svalbard and Jan Mayen Svalbard and Jan Mayen

Illegal substances? MOI???!!!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2011, 10:34:03 PM »

Idun, that was brilliant!!! You deserve a  Star every day for a year for this!  Beer

SEXY,SEXY!!!
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2011, 11:49:35 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost...ge-strained_n_865796.html

Asked in a 2006 interview in the French magazine L'Express about her husband's reputation as a seducer, Sinclair replied: "I'm rather proud. It's important to seduce, for a politician. As long as I seduce him and he seduces me, that's enough for me."

Sinclair, granddaughter of renowned art merchant Paul Rosenberg, is footing the bill for the $1 million bail, securing the $5 million bond, and an estimated $200,000 a month for the guards and other security measures to ensure the house arrest

she closed her eyes" to past infidelities, he said. "In reality she was a woman in love who suffered a lot from this situation, but she preferred to protect and maintain her family."

He described "confrontations" in their past.

In a meeting in 2009, Martinat said Sinclair brought up a relationship that Strauss-Kahn had with a subordinate at the IMF. "She explained, very simply, how it happened, how they had discussed it, and for her it had been resolved."

i'm guessing she's good at denial and can't believe he'd have to force himself on anyone, that women should feel priviledged to be assaulted by him and keep quiet  Dead

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: