Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marie & Joachim's Wedding anniversary  (Read 26977 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« on: May 24, 2011, 06:14:25 PM »

Today is Marie & Joachim's 3 year wedding anniversary. I hope we get some pics of them

And

Today, three, nine and 76 years ago that three prominent royal couple said yes to each other.

24 May is the most popular wedding date in the royal circles. Three couples have said yes to each other on this day:

On 24 May 1935 - for 76 years ago - was the then Princess Ingrid, in Stockholm said yes to the Danish Crown Prince Frederik. The pair became known as Danish royal couple and they are now buried side by side at Roskilde Cathedral.

On 24 May 2002 married Norway's Princess Märtha Louise with the charismatic and controversial writer Ari Behn. Märtha Louise recant on that occasion right apanage and today earns her own money. The couple will celebrate nine-wedding anniversary.

On 24 May 2008 - three years ago - formed Møgeltønder church setting for the wedding between Prince Joachim and Princess Marie. The wedding marked the beginning of Prince Joachim's second marriage after her divorce from current Countess Alexandra.

Here is a historical clips from the wedding in Stockholm between the then Princess Ingrid and Crown Prince Frederik.
http://youtu.be/cMhcO11Z5TQ

TLLK

Most Exalted Member

Pitcairn Pitcairn

"The gauntlet is definitely thrown down. Stay safe

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 06:28:34 PM »

Congratulations Team Shack!
hanzo1
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Costa Rica Costa Rica

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 06:30:37 PM »

when they got married I though that he'll suck the life out of her  since thenr she still seems happy a mystery to me cause he is so unappealing but well ok...............

Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?

Snow Queen

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 08:19:16 PM »

Happy Anniversary to the Schacks!!!    Champagne  

When they married I was not a fan of Marie or Joachim but they have grown on me over the years and are now one of my favorite royal couples. Marie is lovely addition to the RF.
just a serf

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 09:46:08 PM »

Denmark is lucky to have Marie and Alexandra. He picked two lovely and very different women  Champagne

"I haven't played since I stopped." - Waity Middleton
"You only have it if you've got it." - James, Marquis of Mallow
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 01:04:37 AM »

I didn't think much of Marie when they were engaged, but she's impressed me as the years have gone by.  She's adapted to Danish royal life perfectly and she doesn't seem to have completely changed everything about herself in order to be a royal Thumb up
Maria
Administrator
Most Exalted Member

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 12:59:21 AM »

I think she's lazy - but then again they all are - but it's nice and refreshing to see someone marrying a prince who has stayed herself. So props to Bonbon Champagne
CD.

Humongous Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2011, 07:02:47 AM »

I think she's lazy - but then again they all are - but it's nice and refreshing to see someone marrying a prince who has stayed herself. So props to Bonbon Champagne

Star

If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and military consequences of the lie.The truth is the greatest enemy of the State"

J Goebbels
royalwatcher2010

Large Member

Canada Canada

Yellow Pride!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2011, 03:31:47 PM »

I by far prefer the "girl next door" (or reasonably close to it) to the "trying to look like an effortless, label adorned fashion plate" look.

It's nice to see someone who looks looks comfortable in her own skin, versus someone who constantly looks as though she is acting out a role (and very poorly at that).
Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2011, 05:51:54 PM »

Is there any other royal couple who has kissed in church after putting on the rings like M&J did? I don't recall seeing or reading about it.
abs

Humongous Member

Svalbard and Jan Mayen Svalbard and Jan Mayen

Illegal substances? MOI???!!!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2011, 05:58:27 PM »

Is there any other royal couple who has kissed in church after putting on the rings like M&J did? I don't recall seeing or reading about it.

Freddles and Yrma in the church:

SEXY,SEXY!!!
Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2011, 06:15:28 PM »

Yes but F&M's kiss wasn't right after the exchange of vows and rings and in front of the priest.
Maya

Small Member

Denmark Denmark

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2011, 08:06:42 PM »

Yes but F&M's kiss wasn't right after the exchange of vows and rings and in front of the priest.

Yes but royals normally dont kiss right after the vows. Fred and Mary kissed when leaving the church I think and not after the vows. The same did Kate and William. Probably also the rest EU royals. The reason why Marie and Joachim did it might be because it was not an official wedding like Frederiks or like his first one with Alexandra?
Im not sure about all this but thats what it seems like. Just a guess.
Maybe someone is more of an expert on this particular topic?
thrilla

Gigantic Member

Desperately seeking one's kabuki makeup& Photoshop

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2011, 10:01:35 PM »

As far as I remember, it was considered a private affair. I remember articles calling him arrogant for not sharing more of the celebration with "the people" because the party and everything after the ceremony was not broadcast. So that could be the difference, but I am far from an expert.

let's see how Fred handles it at his next wedding  Spiteful
southport

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2011, 11:05:10 PM »

Anyone seen M & J lately?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: