Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marie & Joachim's Wedding anniversary  (Read 52853 times)
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2017, 04:13:10 PM »

I looove her whole look, and forgive the make up and the stupid hairdo they put on her...because she was so radiant, and sincerely happily in love with Joachim.

The lowered waist brought out her petite frame, and the fabric of the dress/veil was just gorgeous. 

Aubiette

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2017, 04:36:12 PM »

I remember seeing these pictures all those years ago and thinking how pretty she was. I have never like this veil with the tiara though, much prefer Kate's simple veil w/out the distracting design around the tiara. Too busy. The earrings are gorgeous and I liked the dress on her. She radiates sweetness and the gown is sweet and princess like IMO.
jigmesjigga

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2017, 06:39:41 PM »

From far away, Joachim is still handsome in those pics. Up close - yeesh. She looked beautiful and has proven to be more beautiful as a person.
pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2017, 07:05:42 PM »

Joachim and Marie are my favorite royal couple.  They seem to be genuinely in love with each other, they both have consistently demonstrated utter devotion to their country and their roles, and they have maintained a really respectable relationship with his ex.  They've shown how blended families can absolutely work in nothing but a positive manner that puts the children's interests and well-being first.  They're the complete polar opposite of Fred and Mosh.  I'm still disappointed that all these years later, we've still not seen any photos from their reception.  I suspect it was a warm and happy occasion. 
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2017, 07:15:12 PM »

They're, by far, my favourite royal couple as well. Smiley I find them delightful. Individually and together.

Happy anniversary to them. May they continue to have a long and happy life together.

JessDawn

Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2017, 08:50:35 PM »

Happy aniversary to my (as well) favorite royal couple! 

IrishLass

Mini Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2017, 10:47:00 PM »

I am not a fan of Marie's bridal look, imo she was too orange, the hairdo did not suit her and her cleavage would have looked better with a necklace. Yet, I think that she is the best married-in princess in Europe (and far better than many blood princesses). Joachim has excellent taste in women, this is a fact. Too bad he is not the heir... Denmark deserves much better than lazy boy Fred and his narcissistic shopaholic wife

Star He really does have excellent taste in women, which makes Fred's choosing someone like Mary all the more confusing. I, too, wish that Joachim and Marie were the Kronprinsparret. I must admit that I wasn't a fan of Marie initially; there was something during their engagement announcement interview at Amalienborg that turned me off. I remember thinking that she seemed rather haughty, superficial, and shallow during that interview. However, she has proven herself over the last nine years (how can it be that long??) to be a splendid wife and mother who has embraced both her role and her adopted country. She may not be the sharpest or the best educated of the current crop of European princesses, but she has a sincerity, a warmth, and a genuineness about her that I've grown to just adore. Happy anniversary to a lovely couple, and may they have many, many more years of love and happiness!
Royal Me!

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2017, 10:54:21 PM »

I admire the fact that she worked the Schackenborg farm with her farmer Prince.   Blush
Harley
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Denmark Denmark

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2017, 08:44:24 AM »

I always had the feeling that she fell in love with and married the man, not the prince. And Joachim still looks at her like he can't believe his luck.

I'm such a sugar for that couple  Icecream

Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

proud moron thx Scooby Doo

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2017, 09:14:30 AM »

Happy anniversary to Marie and Joachim!!

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Hester
Board Helper
Warned
Most Exalted Member

Samoa Samoa

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2017, 01:11:31 PM »

Such a lovely bride ... and how nice that her mother-in-law entrusted her straight away with a large, precious and beautiful tiara!

Remember their poor children in the pews, when Aunty Mary started paying them exaggerated attention across the back of the pew to get attention for herself, or perhaps because she was just plain awkward and didn't know how to behave at someone else's occasion? They were wriggling with embarrassment. But even at that age they were able to handle the bogan auntie!
IrishLass

Mini Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2017, 01:58:50 PM »

I always had the feeling that she fell in love with and married the man, not the prince. And Joachim still looks at her like he can't believe his luck.

I'm such a sugar for that couple  Icecream

Absolutely! I love the way he looks at her ... you can tell he worships the ground she walks on. Their marriage is yet another example of something that Mary is undoubtedly jealous of. She tries to sell her marriage to Frodo as a fairytale despite all of the very telling evidence to the contrary, while Marie and Joachim have no need; it's clear just by their interactions that they are very happily married. Marie: 1 Mary: a big fat 0.
lynda

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2017, 03:46:55 PM »

I can not remember who was Marie's maid/maton of honor ?
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2017, 04:02:38 PM »

Joachim bursted of pride, when they walked down the isle together

Prince Joachim chose the bouquet for Marie according to old Danish custom, surprising her as the tradition in France is that the father chooses the bouquet.

some other interesting tid-bits:

> Commentators and journalists were surprised by the emotion of the normally very composed Prince Joachim. His emotion seemed to be also connected to the presence of his sons who of course mean so much to him, even media people also shed some tears!

> Marie's make-up was done by the stylist Dennis Knudsen.

> The wedding dress was designed by David Arasa and Claudio from the French/Spanish fashion house Arasa Morelli

> The diamond earrings are from Geneva

> The Danish Boys Choir sang at the wedding, Prince Joachim is the choir's patron
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 04:12:03 PM by PeDe » Logged

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2017, 04:08:55 PM »

I can not remember who was Marie's maid/maton of honor ?

it was a friend of Marie's, but I cannot remember her name, and the connection...have it somewhere...when I find it, I post it.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: