Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marie & Joachim's Wedding anniversary  (Read 52482 times)
Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2017, 04:24:20 PM »

Agnete Windfeldt Arno was the bridesmaid.

Marie was also supposed to have another bridesmaid, her niece Saskia who fell ill and couldn't attend.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2017, 04:37:57 PM »

here you go...

thank you, Elissa  Star

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2017, 05:15:10 PM »

I can not remember who was Marie's maid/maton of honor ?

it was a friend of Marie's, but I cannot remember her name, and the connection...have it somewhere...when I find it, I post it.

Isn't it amazing how this very classy and discreet bridesmaid has never shown up for a well-publicized party in her bridesmaid gown?  To my knowledge, she's also never gone on the radio or tv and spoken about being a bridesmaid in a Danish royal wedding. 

I thought the original choice for bridesmaid was Marie's friend from school, Julie Mirbaud.  I don't recall hearing that it was a niece, but maybe the report of Julie being in the wedding was incorrect.  I do know that Julie was in that documentary about Marie that aired right before the wedding.
Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2017, 05:35:11 PM »

I may have confused 'bridesmaid' with 'flowergirl' concerning little Saskia  Blush

lyndell75

Big Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2017, 05:52:32 PM »

How long was her veil and train?

Suzerain
Banned
Warned
Humongous Member

Heard Island and McDonald Islands Heard Island and McDonald Islands

Did you know some snakes have retractable fangs?

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: May 25, 2017, 05:59:00 PM »

Great to see them going strong! It was a lovely wedding and Marie was radiant - even if a bit too tanned IMO.

I recently read a weird article where it said Fred still hasn't accepted that Joachim divorced Alex. I wonder where that rumour comes from. I've always thought he was in good terms with Marie. If he really is still angry at Jokke for the divorce, then he's more stupid than I thought.

Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: May 25, 2017, 06:02:06 PM »

How long was her veil and train?

The train was 3 meters long (9ft 10in) according to orderofsplendor : https://orderofsplendor.b...iday-princess-maries.html

No idea about the veil but it's probably a bit longer than the train according to the pictures.

Elissa

Most Exalted Member

France France

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2017, 06:05:36 PM »

Great to see them going strong! It was a lovely wedding and Marie was radiant - even if a bit too tanned IMO.

I recently read a weird article where it said Fred still hasn't accepted that Joachim divorced Alex. I wonder where that rumour comes from. I've always thought he was in good terms with Marie. If he really is still angry at Jokke for the divorce, then he's more stupid than I thought.

Maybe because J & A's divorce was putting more pression on him to get married sooner than later.
And the girl he was dating back then was Mosh... She was in the right place at the right time to become Fred's bride. But his soulmate ? No way.
Fred may still resent Joachim for being stuck with her.

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2017, 06:17:58 PM »

I went back to try to find where I read that Julie was supposed to be bridesmaid, but I haven't found anything yet.  I did find a mention from Norwegianne on TRF that stated that Marie's tiara originally came from France via Princess Louise of Sweden who later married the Danish Crown Prince. 

So that's two tiaras Marge has given out that were chosen because they had something in common with the bride-the Alexandrine tiara for Alexandra, and the Princess Louise French tiara for Marie. 

Guess Marge can't find an Australian bogan tiara in her collection, or an "I'm deeply insecure about my common roots so I act like a stuck up snob 24/7" tiara to give to Mosh.  How sad.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2017, 06:21:11 PM »

I went back to try to find where I read that Julie was supposed to be bridesmaid, but I haven't found anything yet.  I did find a mention from Norwegianne on TRF that stated that Marie's tiara originally came from France via Princess Louise of Sweden who later married the Danish Crown Prince. 

So that's two tiaras Marge has given out that were chosen because they had something in common with the bride-the Alexandrine tiara for Alexandra, and the Princess Louise French tiara for Marie. 

Guess Marge can't find an Australian bogan tiara in her collection, or an "I'm deeply insecure about my common roots so I act like a stuck up snob 24/7" tiara to give to Mosh.  How sad.

LOOOOOOOOOOL  Star

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2017, 06:32:36 PM »

I love how Marge actually put thought into the tiaras she'd give to her daughters in law.  She didn't just go into the vault and find some old thing she no longer felt like wearing.  Instead, she thought long and hard about finding something that her daughters in law would have a personal connection with.  That speaks volumes about Marge, who I've often thought comes across as very selfish. 

There was also a statement by one of Marie's friends on DR that one of the TRF members overheard during the broadcast that Marge had given Marie the tiara she was wearing.  It makes me wonder if it was indeed a permanent gift, with perhaps a stipulation that if they were to divorce, Marie had to give it back. I sure hope this is the case-that it is Marie's tiara as long as she's married to Jokke.  I hate the thought of Mosh taking it away.  Also, if this is true, it's even more indicative of how highly Marge thinks of Marie-it was given to her despite Alex keeping her tiara.  IIRC, that was the reason given for why Mosh got that dinky little tiara for her wedding.  I'm starting to think that was just a spectacular excuse.  Marge simply didn't like Mosh enough to give her an historical tiara that she had personally taken the time to select.

Peeds- Star Hug
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: May 25, 2017, 07:57:53 PM »

I think Marge is a typical aristocrat ...

I don't think she is good with small children, had a lot of help with her boys that might also have prevented her to have a close emotional bond with her boys. She is not "uninterested" or "evil" or something like that. I think she grew up in a total aristocrat world where small kids did not have a close bond to their parents, but were taken care off by a nanny. I think she never reflected that his was "unusual" or "bad" but she might have regarded it as a privilege. Tbh in times when I had three small children and a full-time job I would have loved a night-time nanny as well.

She tries to bond with her d-i-ls, she also had a good relationship with Alex I think but she is more franko-phil, I can imagine that she and Henri speak a lot of French when they are together and so Marie fits right into that.

There were a few very weird Mare's moments, like when she came on the scene and arrived completely with jewlery to a dinner party. She wears a green dress and her make-up looks like a clown. I never really understood why Marge did not help her out ... but maybe that was Marge just showing a few lines as she was never that way again. So Marge + Mary's relationship has been weird from the beginning ... Then Pa Slurpson did not help that ... did we ever see Marie's parents wanting to meet the Queen?

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: May 25, 2017, 09:40:02 PM »

I think Marge is a typical aristocrat ...

I don't think she is good with small children, had a lot of help with her boys that might also have prevented her to have a close emotional bond with her boys. She is not "uninterested" or "evil" or something like that. I think she grew up in a total aristocrat world where small kids did not have a close bond to their parents, but were taken care off by a nanny. I think she never reflected that his was "unusual" or "bad" but she might have regarded it as a privilege. Tbh in times when I had three small children and a full-time job I would have loved a night-time nanny as well.

She tries to bond with her d-i-ls, she also had a good relationship with Alex I think but she is more franko-phil, I can imagine that she and Henri speak a lot of French when they are together and so Marie fits right into that.

There were a few very weird Mare's moments, like when she came on the scene and arrived completely with jewlery to a dinner party. She wears a green dress and her make-up looks like a clown. I never really understood why Marge did not help her out ... but maybe that was Marge just showing a few lines as she was never that way again. So Marge + Mary's relationship has been weird from the beginning ... Then Pa Slurpson did not help that ... did we ever see Marie's parents wanting to meet the Queen?

yes, it was, because Marge saw right trough her. She was also the one, who threw Mary out of Amalienborg palace when Fred let her move in before they were engaged, hence the expensive apartment in Langelinie, area (district) in Copenhagen.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 09:51:18 PM by PeDe » Logged

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: May 25, 2017, 10:00:15 PM »

^^^^I agree with Peeds.  I also think Marge figured out Mary's game rather quickly and lost all respect for her.  I can't help but think that if Mares had just kept it real and not put on that "I'm destined to be a princess, so hand over the jewels and privileges" act, perhaps they might have had a better relationship.  Henrik appeared to behave warmly toward Mosh in the beginning, but that relationship also seemed to have soured. 
CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: May 25, 2017, 10:15:45 PM »

Happy anniversary to Marie and Joachim!! They are truly in love!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: