Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marie & Joachim's Wedding anniversary  (Read 27012 times)
Kristallinchen

Medium Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2015, 07:30:38 PM »

She comes across as too simple and bland for my liking. Idk,not saying she isn't  beautiful and good looking,  she is, but she isn't  memorable.

I think it's good she is the way she is. Just imagine she would be like her s-i-l. Yeah I know there're some stages between.
They would scratch out their eyes.
Or be besties, either one of the two things would've happened.
I think had Marie been like Mary or Yrma lol they would have been icy towards each other.

Not to mention poor Denmark.
There can only ever be one "starlet" "heroine" in a film. Clearly shows in the pictures of Yrma and Waity.
Also I think that Joachim would've dumped Marie very quickly in that case. He's not whiny like his brother. He wouldn't have put up with such a woman for long.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 07:39:52 PM by Kristallinchen » Logged
debbydeb

Gigantic Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2015, 07:34:20 PM »

She comes across as too simple and bland for my liking. Idk,not saying she isn't  beautiful and good looking,  she is, but she isn't  memorable.

I think it's good she is the way she is. Just imagine she would be like her s-i-l. Yeah I know there're some stages between.
They would scratch out their eyes.
Or be besties, either one of the two things would've happened.
I think had Marie been like Mary or Yrma lol they would have been icy towards each other.

That split second where Mary looks like she's telegraphing her wish for William to whisk her to England, where she is the rightful queen, lyk srsly.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2016, 09:59:24 PM »

May 24, 2008 is when Marie & Joachim got married

8 years ago, how time flies ~ Happy Anniversary ~  Thumb up
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 10:29:43 PM by PeDe » Logged

Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Topaz for November

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2016, 10:26:51 PM »

Thank you for the reminder of this lovely day PeDe  Champagne

I always remember the first vision of Marie from afar, through Schackenborg's gates - because even from that distance, I could spot her tiara was clearly bigger than Mary's !  Laughing

And Joachim crying from happiness in the church - real tears there !

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2016, 10:30:14 PM »

you are most welcome, Elissa  Champagne

pixiecat
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Cuba Cuba

Pixiecat loves to Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2016, 12:51:28 AM »

I really loved this wedding.  I thought the family photos were sweet, and Jokke crying made me rethink my feelings about him.  I wish they'd filmed the whole thing because I'm sure their reception was a fun and happy event. 
Princess BlueEyes

Warned
Gigantic Member

New money SHOUTS -> -> old money whispers

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2016, 01:25:28 AM »

Happy anniversary to Marie & Joachim!   Champagne   

Marie looked lovely & both look so happy!  May they have many years of happiness together!   Champagne

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2016, 01:49:03 AM »

I really loved this wedding.  I thought the family photos were sweet, and Jokke crying made me rethink my feelings about him.  I wish they'd filmed the whole thing because I'm sure their reception was a fun and happy event.  

ITA pixiekitteh, there are 2 or 3 videos - very bad quality though - of their wedding. there was a special wedding site, either from DR.dk or a Danish TV chanel that had a special site with all the engagement videos, interviews and the whole wedding (sans reception). I didn't know then how to upload it to youtueb, and now the site is gone. Shameful.

lynda

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2016, 04:53:27 PM »

whatever happened to Marie's beautiful wedding earrings? has she worn them since?
Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Topaz for November

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2016, 04:56:20 PM »

No she hasn't. That's a shame because they were divine IMHO.

Maybe they were a loan from the jeweller.

Harley
Board Helper
Ginormous Member

Yemen Yemen

Team Marie all the way

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2016, 04:58:52 PM »

IIRC, they were a gift from her parents so she still has them. However, I don't think she's ever been seen wearing them since. Pity, because they're really very beautiful.

In comparison, Mosh has worn her wedding earrings more than once since the wedding. But I don't find those equally lovely.

Elissa

Ginormous Member

France France

Topaz for November

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2016, 05:02:18 PM »

Thank you for the info Harley !  Star
Too bad she has never worn them since. They perfectly match her tiara as it could be seen on their wedding day.

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2017, 03:44:20 PM »

May 24
Nine years ago, Prince Joachim and Princess Marie said "yes" to each other.

The sun shone over Denmark when Prince Joachim married his fiancée Marie Cavallier on May 24, 2008. The happy couple who's wedding anniversary is on the day of King Frederik and Queen Ingrid's weddig day, can thus celebrate nine years of marriage.

Prince Joachim and Princess Marie were married in Møgeltønder Church in Southern Jutland near Schackenborg Castle, where also the banquet after the ceremony was held. Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix, who then were eight and five years, had partially the attention at the wedding because they were wearing fine suits, when Prince Joachim was waiting anxiously for Marie to enter the church. The long wedding was a little too much for Prince Felix, who fell asleep halfway through the ceremony.

After the couple had given each other their "yes", the happiness radiated out of the small village where a car waited for them to be driven to Schackenborg, to a reception for family and friends.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 04:08:52 PM by PeDe » Logged

PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2017, 03:59:37 PM »

they were very kissy and in love on their wedding day...and 9 years later they still are. What a stark difference to the Derf's.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 04:10:24 PM by PeDe » Logged

Tatini

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2017, 04:10:29 PM »

I am not a fan of Marie's bridal look, imo she was too orange, the hairdo did not suit her and her cleavage would have looked better with a necklace. Yet, I think that she is the best married-in princess in Europe (and far better than many blood princesses). Joachim has excellent taste in women, this is a fact. Too bad he is not the heir... Denmark deserves much better than lazy boy Fred and his narcissistic shopaholic wife
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: