Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate Middleton quits her job to pursue photography career  (Read 8935 times)
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« on: September 03, 2007, 03:49:52 PM »

Now that her romance with Prince William is firmly back on, Kate Middleton is turning her attentions to her career.

The 25-year-old, who has been working as an accessories buyer at Jigsaw, wants to become a professional photographer.

Kate, who has a degree in history of art, told friends she is unhappy working a three-day week at the High Street store and wants a new challenge.

So serious is she about her new career plan that Kate, who likes to photograph abstract subjects rather than people, has already started looking at some of the best galleries in London to exhibit her work.

'Kate has become increasingly frustrated working at Jigsaw,' says a friend.

'She really wants to move and is seriously thinking about a career in photography. She loves cameras and has a great eye. She has already started putting an exhibition of her work together.'

When Kate failed to get a full-time job months after graduating from St Andrews where she began her four-year relationship with William she was accused of being work-shy and told by her boyfriend she needed to get a job.

She started up an online clothing company that hit financial trouble before it was up and running, prior to moving to Jigsaw, which is run by her parents' friends John and Belle Robinson.

'It was a job of convenience, a stop-gap,' adds the friend.

'When Kate graduated she was keen to do something in the art world but that didn't happen. Now it's time for her to move on.'

Initially, Kate worked a four-day week so she could see William at the weekends, but has now dropped to three days.

'Kate only works Monday to Wednesday and gets sent all over the country doing shoots and going to fairs to source new things.

It was fun but she wants a new challenge,' adds the friend. 'She is committed to becoming a photographer.'
http://www.dailymail.co.u...79299&in_page_id=1773

Is this career number 4 or 5?! Anybody keeping track?

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Michelle

Gigantic Member

United States United States

I smell bogan approaching

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 04:48:02 PM »

Tsk, tsk.....she wanted a better challenge than working at Jigsaw???  What was she expecting by working there?  To run the company?  I bet dollars to donuts, had William not got her that farce of a job there, she would have still been unemployed to this day. 

Enjoy your cameras, Kate.  Not that I need to say that as you seem to love them anyways.

fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 04:50:05 PM »

What a cunning plan. She could sneak in and make lots of wonderful paparazzi I mean family pix, that she could use to persuade Wills and the Queen or else she could turn it into serious bucks after she again gets the boots. (she loves boots now doesn't she?)

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
patricia07

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 05:24:35 PM »

THis is Mary, part Deux, just coasting along until she secures Wills.
lynda

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 07:04:03 PM »

Anyone remember Mary and her ultra expensive camera, taking pictures of Christian's first birthday herself.  Prince Andrew (York) is also a keen photographer.  Amazing Kate wants Art Galleries to exibit her work (already----nothing like trading in on your boyfiends name).  She is such a hard worker, and this could be a Queen of England------------oh my God ! Sweating
CD.

Humongous Member

Finland Finland

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 09:57:25 AM »

In fairness to Kate (I have no firm opinion of her yet), she is just starting in the
'career' area so she will experiment here and there. Mary was nearly thirty and still unsure. Big difference.

If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and military consequences of the lie.The truth is the greatest enemy of the State"

J Goebbels
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2007, 10:09:50 AM »

Kate only graduated a few years ago though and this is already her 4th different career/job. Add ot that the fact that she spent quite a lengthy time period doing nothing and you can see how workshy she appears to be.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Jane

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2007, 10:53:10 AM »

It must be hard for all the talented hardworking photographers out there who have consistently struggled to do this as their career, when Kate believes that the most important task is to "choose" a famous gallery to exhibit her work. How about producing some actual work first, Kate?
Hermione

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2007, 12:22:02 PM »

'She really wants to move and is seriously thinking about a career in photography. She loves cameras and has a great eye. She has already started putting an exhibition of her work together.'

Yeah, of course she loves cameras! If she's photographed by one.
And her great eye? She has a great eye for spotting the paps! 
wear

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2007, 02:49:54 PM »

In fairness to Kate (I have no firm opinion of her yet), she is just starting in the
'career' area so she will experiment here and there. Mary was nearly thirty and still unsure. Big difference.

i halfway agree with this statement CD. i guess i can wait for another 4 years for kate's photography career to shoot through space, by then, she will be 29 almost going 30.

but based on the 5 years she had wasted after graduation? i am not optimistic about the success of her recent venture. she seems not to have the patience in terms of work.
dwi

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2007, 04:19:24 PM »

Kate seems to be like many graduates (though she has been out for a little bit now), where they think that they should be the boss, etc.  and climb up the corporate ladder in a nano-second.  "Real Life" is not that way, even if you have experience and are well-educated! 

Obviously her connections w/ Wills has given her quick opportunities:  the buyer thing, from what I thought, is not an easy job to get -- esp w/ no experience.  Besides, I was a little surprised that she even took that job.  Anyway, it's that company's fault:  anyone who'd hire Kate would almost be stupid, because I wouldn't count on her even staying anywhere for a long period of time, muchless making a serious committment to any job.  She's just biding her time until she gets engaged.  She's not worth the investment for a company long term. 

We all know that if she does get a showing of her "work" at a gallery it's because of who she's associated with.  I mean, has anyone seen her work?   She probably wants to do photography because then she's her own boss and can work whenever she wants.  If she was so into photo. why didn't she work at a gallery (even behind the scenes) or with a photographer?  Seems she just expects to get everything the easy way.

Yes, it is sickening considering how many people are struggling to have an exhibit, etc., and may never have the chance, and someone like her can get something like that automatically.  Unfortunately, that is how things go.  It's as bad as the Hollywood types whose children immediately get into movies without studying acting or anything.  It's not fair but this happens all of the time.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2007, 09:17:36 PM »

Obviously her connections w/ Wills has given her quick opportunities:  the buyer thing, from what I thought, is not an easy job to get -- esp w/ no experience.  Besides, I was a little surprised that she even took that job.  Anyway, it's that company's fault:  anyone who'd hire Kate would almost be stupid, because I wouldn't count on her even staying anywhere for a long period of time, muchless making a serious committment to any job.  She's just biding her time until she gets engaged.  She's not worth the investment for a company long term. 

However, she brought the company name Jigsaw into the media and probably got a few people looking into the shops who hadn't done so before.
That was probably all her employers were hoping for when they signed her contract. I doubt they were looking for a longterm employment. I think they were high on having the future Princess of Wales and Queen of Britain as an employee. Afterall as I have already said, this company would be mentioned almost always in connection to  Kate and the period of courtship.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
dwi

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2007, 09:30:20 PM »

Yeah, but I'm talking about places that are looking for people who are serious about working and serious about committment, not places that just want the advertising. . .
wear

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2007, 10:05:29 PM »

i doubt if serious companies would hire kate as an employee. kate seems to be on the celebrity side, camera bagging personality. her work history is not showing any strenght at all. 4 jobs in a few years of graduation? that smells like mary's CV to me.

what a pity, England will have a future queen who is in the lower echelon of the academic and career world. even some smaller monarchies did well.
Plum Royale

Medium Member

Misha Prokhorov is a hysterical drama czar!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2007, 02:12:26 AM »

"ding"  a flashbulb goes off in Kate's head !!!??? She one busy fame ho,  Real mad until Wills marries Kate or fimly moves on to another woman she's just waiting around will these career hobbies. She want's the top galleries to show her work no problemo  That will happen only because of the novelty of her association with Will and there will be people ready to buy her "work"  outside of the bedroom.  She want's to take pictures  and be her own boss how about  being a mentor and  helping  with the poor kids in London who  need a safe place an hobby so they don't get knifed maybe one of these kids
will be a great photographer in the near future and think of the extra PRto look back and say the Queen of England helped out.
ohh ....  Thumb down
Plum

" .. By the way, the beauty of our Russian women, their ability to elegantly pointed, sexy and trendy dress does not give anyone the right to call them prostitutes!
 I love heifers when they audition for me!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: