Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kate Middleton quits her job to pursue photography career  (Read 9514 times)
dwi
Banned
Banned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2007, 03:12:15 AM »

Even if she doesn't make money, it will certainly give her cred w/ the Brits, royals and others.  What is it with these people?Huh?!!!!!!  I guess all that they think of are themselves. . .  I think I'm hoping that William finds someone else who would be more deserving of the Princess/Queen title.  Right now there is nothing impressive about her at all.  Doing charity would do the trick.
Princess H.

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2007, 04:32:52 AM »

Charity work would do the job. Right?
Jane

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2007, 04:44:24 AM »

Most people asprining to work in visual arts are desperate to express themselves in their chosen form. If they are extremely talented and lucky they might get an exhibition. The starting point is not usually the exhibition!
There is no suggestion that Kate has spent years on either the technical or the artistic side of photography.
I do not think it is fair to compare her with Mary. So far Kate has had one year post uni not working, and a few months in a part time job with a fashion house.
Princess H.

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2007, 04:58:07 AM »

Most people asprining to work in visual arts are desperate to express themselves in their chosen form. If they are extremely talented and lucky they might get an exhibition. The starting point is not usually the exhibition!
There is no suggestion that Kate has spent years on either the technical or the artistic side of photography.
I do not think it is fair to compare her with Mary. So far Kate has had one year post uni not working, and a few months in a part time job with a fashion house.

Jane, I thought the same exact thing. Things seem to be going backwards in this department. Many artists, at least the artists I know, think about the subject matter, themes, and/or technical knowledge, for example, needed to execute planned projects, or work shops, classes, and critiques. Many assume some sort of exhibition or display of thier work will occur at some point, but exhibiting is not at the center of the creative process.
wear

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2007, 02:54:51 PM »

the comparison on mary and kate is the jumping from one work to the next. in so many discussions, mary jumped from one work to the next as seen on her CV. Little Star pointed out that kate had 4 jobs after five years from graduation, and if one year spent doing nothing is counted, that does not look good on kate. this is only my opinion.
Ugly Betty

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2007, 03:17:08 PM »

I remember the mail order company that went to the wall before it even started.  I remember the part-time gig at Jigsaw.  Now she wants to be a professional photographer.   What was the fourth job?  I simply cannot remember.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 03:50:34 PM by Ugly Betty » Logged
Gusano

Baby Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2007, 11:25:51 PM »

I like Kate very much. She’s well-educated, well-mannered and has a great deal of poise. I wish her well.
Maybe she has qualities that we don’t know about. She may surprise us.

*** Beware of opinion dressed as fact ***
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2007, 09:08:50 AM »

Welcome Gusano, it certainly would be quite a relief if she had any qualities we don't know about that might help her in a future as a royal consort.
I however doubt she surprises at least me. I don't think I would call her getting out of a car showing her panties and being obviously more than a bit tipsy "poised".

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2007, 03:37:29 PM »

I remember the mail order company that went to the wall before it even started.  I remember the part-time gig at Jigsaw.  Now she wants to be a professional photographer.   What was the fourth job?  I simply cannot remember.
Well it's not 4 jobs per se, but 4 different career options. When she first left uni she was seen having interviews at galleries within London, that didn't work out so she moved on to the mail order company, which didn't happen. Then she moved to Jigsaw and now she's going to be a photographer.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Ugly Betty

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2007, 04:32:46 PM »

Well it's not 4 jobs per se, but 4 different career options. When she first left uni she was seen having interviews at galleries within London, that didn't work out so she moved on to the mail order company, which didn't happen. Then she moved to Jigsaw and now she's going to be a photographer.

Ah! I didn't know about the gallery interviews. 
liz

Baby Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2007, 08:18:07 PM »

She lives within a very outstanding surroundings..I'm pretty sure, if she really serious about her career, she could use her power to get a better job which can secure her lifetime. I'm sure his family has few connections which can help their daughter.. if they really want it to happen, of course... Nono
Gusano

Baby Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2007, 01:34:14 AM »

Fairy, thanks for your welcome.  Beer

No need of relief for me. I like what I see of her, and I am confident that one day she will surprise many. My opinion, of cause.
About "showing her panties "……. Well, she’s so young, she will learn with time (like all of us).     

*** Beware of opinion dressed as fact ***
dwi
Banned
Banned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2007, 03:08:14 AM »

Fairy, thanks for your welcome.  Beer

No need of relief for me. I like what I see of her, and I am confident that one day she will surprise many. My opinion, of cause.
About "showing her panties "……. Well, she’s so young, she will learn with time (like all of us).     

What?Huh??!!!!!!!  There is no excuse for showing her panties (on more than one occassion), period. 
Jane

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2007, 03:12:38 AM »

Yes. so in terms of dragging herself out of bed after a hard night , showing up at work and doing what she has been paid to do, whether it suits her or not - ie the way many other women spend their days- her grand total of experience is a few months of part time work!
Ash314

Medium Member

jn

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2007, 05:12:54 PM »

NEW PICS OF KATE:
http://new2.isifa.com/too..._preview.php?idp=15423721
http://new2.isifa.com/too..._preview.php?idp=15423720
http://new2.isifa.com/too..._preview.php?idp=15423719
http://new2.isifa.com/too..._preview.php?idp=15423718

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up