Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Eugenie News  (Read 157273 times)
Antevorta

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #945 on: January 19, 2021, 03:28:38 PM »

For some reason, I am imagining Baby Brooksbank as a female (which of course means, that Eug will have a boy) and I'm quite stuck on the name, Vivienne.

Vivienne Brooksbank.

I could see as middle names, Mary, Alexandra, Margaret (tribute to both Sarah and Princess Margaret) and of course the good standby - Elizabeth.

For a son, Matthew, Benjamin, Philip, Arthur

Middle names, Philip, Edward, George, Christopher

Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #946 on: January 19, 2021, 03:38:50 PM »

Sarah to her credit gave her daughters very old royal names. I don't know if Eugenie is a family royal name or one from another royal family but it shows that Sarah has knowledge of history. Maybe Eugenie will do the same. I looked up Andrew's names I must say that Christian surprised me although I like it. I like Albert a lot too. I love the name Alice also Amelia and Louise. Philip would be a wonderful name for a boy.

Maybe Sarah was thinking of Empress Eugenie of France?

What about the story of Sarah wanting to name Beatrice Annabelle and the Queen stepping in and forbidding it?

Probably more likely The Queen Mother rejected it...lord knows she never gave up control.  I can't see they same person rejecting Annabelle but approving **Savannah, Isla, Mia, Lena, or Archie**...unless she only care about the HRHs, which is possible.  But, as always, I could be wrong.

**None are very "royal" but then again Zara isn't a very royal name either...that may be do to the HRH approval only theory.

Could be true. I'm also not sure, if the Annabelle story has any basis. I remember reading it somewhere.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #947 on: January 19, 2021, 03:45:23 PM »

Sarah to her credit gave her daughters very old royal names. I don't know if Eugenie is a family royal name or one from another royal family but it shows that Sarah has knowledge of history. Maybe Eugenie will do the same. I looked up Andrew's names I must say that Christian surprised me although I like it. I like Albert a lot too. I love the name Alice also Amelia and Louise. Philip would be a wonderful name for a boy.

What about the story of Sarah wanting to name Beatrice Annabelle and the Queen stepping in and forbidding it?

Probably more likely The Queen Mother rejected it...lord knows she never gave up control.  I can't see they same person rejecting Annabelle but approving **Savannah, Isla, Mia, Lena, or Archie**...unless she only care about the HRHs, which is possible.  But, as always, I could be wrong.

**None are very "royal" but then again Zara isn't a very royal name either...that may be do to the HRH approval only theory.

Could be true. I'm also not sure, if the Annabelle story has any basis. I remember reading it somewhere.

IIRC it's something one of the papers (The Sun??) came up with from "a source"...I saw in rehashed in 2019 and 2020 but at least on article said the rumor was first published shortly after Bea's birth.  Unlike something that came from an actual source...like Diana saying in the Morton book that she chose William and Harry with Charles choosing their middle names...or Maddie saying that she chose Adrienne because that was the other contender for her own name.
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #948 on: January 19, 2021, 04:10:40 PM »

This! right here!

That old bat was probably the one that vetoed Annabel and considering how she behaved with Charles as a boy and William and Harry as well, the grandchildren in whose lives she took an active interest in were probably the HRHs.
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Amaryllis Flamenco Queen

Ignore
« Reply #949 on: January 19, 2021, 04:11:41 PM »

I remember reading that Charles suggested the name Zara to Anne, who apparently liked it enough to use it. As for Annabel, which is the spelling I believe Sarah wanted, it's way too close to Anne, and since both would be Princesses I can see why Sarah would have been told to choose again.

Whether or not HM gets to 'approve the names', I believe she only really cares about the names of those who are in the direct line of succession anyway.

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."  Theodore Roosevelt
Airlie (not the Countess)

Baby Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #950 on: January 19, 2021, 04:47:54 PM »

I remember reading that allegedly the Queen or maybe the Queen Mother didn't like Annabel because it was too "Sloane Ranger". With Annabel's night club causing a lot of girls to be named that in that particular set. And maybe the Queen/QM thinking the BRF could do better than that, ie 80s Made in Chelsea. But there's never been any confirmation.

Even if she suggested other names I don't think she actually has the power to forbid any. And once you get to the great grandchildren who won't be titled why bother causing bad feeling with your grandchildren?

Some of the extended Windsors chose some very unusual names. 
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #951 on: Yesterday at 05:46:25 PM »

I also think we give the Queen a little to much power, if we think she has a "legal" or "Royal" option to forbit a name simply because it doesn't tickle her fancy.
I think what she has and uses, like her grandfather and those before them is that untangible power of the head of the family.
So when Sarah said: "we really like Annabel" the Queen probably coughed with a extremely raised eyebrow: "How terribly common. I always thought Beatrice was lovely" and Andrew like a droolling lapdog said:" Oh really Mommy?  Well, if you prefer Beatrice,...I mean that is lovely too, right Sarah?" and it was a done deal.
The same story is about Margareth having Rose only as the middle name, as the old king (probably thinking and utterly believing, that certainly everyone wanted and needed to please him) didn't quite like Rose.
My own brother-in-law (as far from royalty as you can imagine) changed the intended name for his son because his mother! wailed and howled like a hyena, and my smart sis-in-law back then thought it was not worth the trouble..

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: