Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Anne  (Read 163434 times)
Future Crayon

Ginormous Member

Sophie Winklestan

Ignore
« Reply #645 on: August 17, 2019, 12:59:08 PM »

I didnt warm to Anne until she became a grandma, then I started to love the combination of no-nonsense, hard-working royal battleaxe and super-loving, hands-on grandmum

Kate kills trees, pass it on
tsarinya

Mini Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #646 on: August 17, 2019, 01:32:36 PM »

When they changed the line of succession so that a female didnít lose her place to her male brother, I wonder why Anneís place wasnít changed. Would it be because Andrew would have kicked up a fuss with him and his daughters being pushed down the line?
Jonathan

Gigantic Member

Life's hard being fabulous

Ignore
« Reply #647 on: August 17, 2019, 03:46:55 PM »

It only applies to the descendants of Charles

Advice to my Brother on his wedding day

Never say

I know you do
I've had better
Did you say something
tsarinya

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #648 on: August 17, 2019, 04:43:31 PM »

It doesnít just apply to the descendants of Charles, it applies to all born after 28 October 2011.
Iím just curious why it didnít apply to those born the time?
Anne would be above Andrew and his daughters that way - Iím wondering if because Andrew is Elizabethís favourite that idea was not allowed?
thecrownjewelthief

Small Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #649 on: August 17, 2019, 05:54:58 PM »

It doesnít just apply to the descendants of Charles, it applies to all born after 28 October 2011.
Anne would be above Andrew and his daughters that way - Iím wondering if because Andrew is Elizabethís favourite that idea was not allowed?

Not everyone has changed the succession when they've switch to absolute primogeniture - Norway didn't either, it only applied to future generations as well, so I actually don't think it is an Andy thing. I actually think it's a little odd that the Belgians changed it up when it affected adult members of the family.
Oh_Caroline

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #650 on: August 17, 2019, 05:57:03 PM »

Succession changes are only rarely applied to the established adult line.  The only one that I know of was Belgium in 1991...before the change the line was 1. Albert, 2. Philippe (b. 1960), and 3. Laurent (b. 1963).  With such a short line and changing it from agnatic primogeniture to absolute primogeniture it made sense to adjust the full line...1. Albert, 2. Philippe (b. 1960), 3. Astrid (b. 1962), 4. Amedeo (b. 1986), 5. Maria Astrid (b. 1988), 6. Laurent (b. 1963).  

In Sweden, Victoria was 2.5 years and CP was 7.5 months when they switched from agnatic primogeniture to absolute primogeniture so switching the kids made complete sense...and before the change the line was only 2 people long (post change 3 people).

Looking at other European monarchies...Denmark change from male-preference to absolute primogeniture in 2008 had no effect on the line at the time.  Luxembourg's changes for agnatic primogeniture to absolute primogeniture in 2011 is only for Grand Duke's Henri's descendants...so at the time only added Alexandra in before Sebastian.  The Netherlands went from male-preference to absolute primogeniture in 1983 but I don't think it affected anyone at the time.  

Norway did like the UK in 1991...kept Haakon (b. 1973) before Martha Louise (b. 1971) and just changed the line for their descendants.

Spain and Monaco are still male-preference and Liechtenstein is still agnatic primogeniture.
tsarinya

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #651 on: August 17, 2019, 10:36:38 PM »

Very interesting replies! Thank you Smiley

What is the difference between male-preference and agnatic primogeniture?
Kristallinchen

Gigantic Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #652 on: August 17, 2019, 10:44:59 PM »

Male-preference: If a daughter is born and afterwards a son, the son will inherit. If no son's are born the daughter will inherit.

Agnatic primogeniture: No females are allowed to inherit.
Countess of Cows

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #653 on: August 17, 2019, 11:37:23 PM »

All  I know is Anne is a big time presence and personality.  If I were pedoprince and saw her coming I'd run to the nearest exit to get away.  She's her father's daughter and I'm sure she doesn't suffer fools easily.  In a room full of people she'll maintain what is expected, one on one....I wouldn't be surprised if in a few words she could destroy you.

Of the whole family, she's the one I'd want on my side, hands down I bet she'd show up.  I remember when she was almost kidnapped, you'd have thought she'd got a wrinkle in her dress and was just annoyed. 

She would have made a much better queen than chuck will as king  JMO  braver, smarter, not a whiner, sincerely caring and involved with all levels of society.

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
LadyBunion

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #654 on: August 17, 2019, 11:42:38 PM »

Male-preference: If a daughter is born and afterwards a son, the son will inherit. If no son's are born the daughter will inherit.

Agnatic primogeniture: No females are allowed to inherit.

There are some curious quirks in the succession now - Ingrid Alexandra and Sverre Magnus are both in the line of succession for the UK throne but Sverre Magnus is ahead of Ingrid Alexandra .
SvenskaSarah

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #655 on: August 31, 2019, 01:49:10 AM »

All  I know is Anne is a big time presence and personality.  If I were pedoprince and saw her coming I'd run to the nearest exit to get away.  She's her father's daughter and I'm sure she doesn't suffer fools easily.  In a room full of people she'll maintain what is expected, one on one....I wouldn't be surprised if in a few words she could destroy you.

Of the whole family, she's the one I'd want on my side, hands down I bet she'd show up.  I remember when she was almost kidnapped, you'd have thought she'd got a wrinkle in her dress and was just annoyed. 

She would have made a much better queen than chuck will as king  JMO  braver, smarter, not a whiner, sincerely caring and involved with all levels of society.

I think she's inherited some traits from Mary of Teck and QEQM too. They seemed pretty no-nonsense and understood public image and duty without the need for celebrity and fame. I think Anne is a wonderful asset to the Royal Family, a traditional princess. She would make a great mentor to George, Charlotte, Louis and Archie. In a way it makes me sad that her children have no official public role (though I totally get and admire Anne for refusing titles for her children) as I'd love to see how they'd carve a public role.

The story about her kidnapping makes me chuckle, only because of her response "no you bloody don't" I think is what she told her kidnappers!
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: