Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 57   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Anne  (Read 212111 times)
shastadaisy

Medium Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #795 on: July 30, 2020, 06:27:54 AM »

Thank you! Strangely watchable. She comes across well.

I wish she would have spoken more about her childhood. She doesn’t seem to bear the grudge that Charles did, but she certainly went a different route with her own family.

First I’ve seen her kids interviewed. Peter Phillips talks like he has a mouth full of marbles. There is something vaguely Prince Andrew-ish about him. Zara looks prettier in video and has a lovely speaking voice.
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #796 on: July 30, 2020, 07:33:41 AM »

Agreed.  Nice but standard royal PR piece.  There were two things that bothered me...

1. Peter and Zara talking about how normal they are because Anne refused titles for them.  Let's be real, YOU'RE NOT NORMAL.  You're grandmother is the Queen of England, your mother if The Princess Royal, your parents are Olympians, you're an Olympian yourself, and titled or not you grew up never wanting for anything.  Just like how we talk about how Lady Beatrice and Lady Eugenie's youth, education, careers, and weddings would have only the tiniest of differences to Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie the same goes for Peter and Zara.  Viscount Whatever and Lady Zara would have had identical lives to Master Peter and Miss Zara so spare me the "we're so normal" stuff.

2.  Anne always in military uniform.  She didn't serve, and there were roles for women in the 70s and beyond, so she really shouldn't wear then uniforms.  I can make an except for things like Trooping, Remembrance Sunday, or visiting troops on maneuvers but she wears a uniform every chance she gets.  Agree or disagree, either is fine, but it bothers me.

I agree with you about the military uniforms.  She could have served.  Though I might be wrong about this, I have a feeling her father would have supported her choice if she had wanted to, but she decided against university and seems to have dismissed the idea of the services and gone for the equestrian life instead.  That's fine, but I don't think she should be wearing the uniforms, even though she looks so jolly good in them!  

I enjoyed that doco.  She is an asset to the BRF and to the UK.  

Thanks very much for posting the link.  Champagne
hrhpita

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #797 on: July 30, 2020, 03:57:41 PM »

Agreed.  Nice but standard royal PR piece.  There were two things that bothered me...

1. Peter and Zara talking about how normal they are because Anne refused titles for them.  Let's be real, YOU'RE NOT NORMAL.  You're grandmother is the Queen of England, your mother if The Princess Royal, your parents are Olympians, you're an Olympian yourself, and titled or not you grew up never wanting for anything.  Just like how we talk about how Lady Beatrice and Lady Eugenie's youth, education, careers, and weddings would have only the tiniest of differences to Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie the same goes for Peter and Zara.  Viscount Whatever and Lady Zara would have had identical lives to Master Peter and Miss Zara so spare me the "we're so normal" stuff.

2.  Anne always in military uniform.  She didn't serve, and there were roles for women in the 70s and beyond, so she really shouldn't wear then uniforms.  I can make an except for things like Trooping, Remembrance Sunday, or visiting troops on maneuvers but she wears a uniform every chance she gets.  Agree or disagree, either is fine, but it bothers me.

I agree, Oh Caroline about part 1.  That really irked me too.  They are not "normal" people. 

Also, the part where Princess Anne talks about the head mistress - of course the head mistress will get along with you.  YOU are the Queens daughter.

CathyJane

Warned
Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #798 on: July 30, 2020, 06:46:46 PM »

Agreed.  Nice but standard royal PR piece.  There were two things that bothered me...

1. Peter and Zara talking about how normal they are because Anne refused titles for them.  Let's be real, YOU'RE NOT NORMAL.  You're grandmother is the Queen of England, your mother if The Princess Royal, your parents are Olympians, you're an Olympian yourself, and titled or not you grew up never wanting for anything.  Just like how we talk about how Lady Beatrice and Lady Eugenie's youth, education, careers, and weddings would have only the tiniest of differences to Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie the same goes for Peter and Zara.  Viscount Whatever and Lady Zara would have had identical lives to Master Peter and Miss Zara so spare me the "we're so normal" stuff.

2.  Anne always in military uniform.  She didn't serve, and there were roles for women in the 70s and beyond, so she really shouldn't wear then uniforms.  I can make an except for things like Trooping, Remembrance Sunday, or visiting troops on maneuvers but she wears a uniform every chance she gets.  Agree or disagree, either is fine, but it bothers me.

YES YES YES!!
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #799 on: July 30, 2020, 09:54:26 PM »

I started watching this morning and liked it (thanks for posting the link), then I had to go to work and when I came back, it was gone of youtube. Any other chance to watch it?
SvenskaSarah

Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #800 on: July 31, 2020, 03:51:32 AM »

I started watching this morning and liked it (thanks for posting the link), then I had to go to work and when I came back, it was gone of youtube. Any other chance to watch it?

I'm not sure if you can access the ITV hub app where you are, but it will be on there. Or, try daily motion  Smiley
SQ

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #801 on: July 31, 2020, 08:02:10 AM »

Found this google drive link from reddit: https://drive.google.com/...OxIBk4koonlpjwFSkkep/view. It works and you can download it too if you want.
Athena

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #802 on: July 31, 2020, 08:24:13 AM »

Thank you! Strangely watchable. She comes across well.

I wish she would have spoken more about her childhood. She doesn’t seem to bear the grudge that Charles did, but she certainly went a different route with her own family.

First I’ve seen her kids interviewed. Peter Phillips talks like he has a mouth full of marbles. There is something vaguely Prince Andrew-ish about him. Zara looks prettier in video and has a lovely speaking voice.

Star Very good observations.
Margaret

Gigantic Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #803 on: July 31, 2020, 09:54:41 AM »

Found this google drive link from reddit: https://drive.google.com/...OxIBk4koonlpjwFSkkep/view. It works and you can download it too if you want.

Excellent!  Thank you!
Miss Marple

Humongous Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #804 on: July 31, 2020, 01:13:04 PM »

Star Thanks so much.
ralf103

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #805 on: August 13, 2020, 08:04:07 PM »

The RF instgram is posting pics and moments from Anne's decades, today it pointed out when Anne as appointed to the order of the garter she requested to be appointed as a "Knight" rather than a "Lady".
Carreen

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #806 on: August 15, 2020, 11:08:14 AM »

Oh, very interesting. Yes, a bit sycophantic but the whole system is a bit sycophantic. But obviously Princess Anne would have succeeded in life no matter where her birth had put her. I'm always fascinated how happy a royal visit can make people. Not having grown up in a monarchy I find it a bit weird but also very endearing, this bond between a royal family and the people. Both sides have to commit to it, and Princess Anne is the perfect example of a family member totally committed to her side of the "contract". She has this strange habit of circumscribing the word "I", using "you" or "one" instead, and sometimes she generalizes so much that really nothing much is being said. She's careful in front of the cameras, she knows how every word will be analyzed and re-interpreted. Impressive dedication to her family and people.
ralf103

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #807 on: August 15, 2020, 01:59:42 PM »

The think i am starting to appreciate even more about Anne given the younger generations obsession with “me” is indeed how Anne seems to focus so much on “you” and the organisations she visits. She dislikes any focus on herself and sees her role to boost the profile of the charity not herself.
LittleThunder

Gigantic Member

France France

Forever my Queen.

Ignore
« Reply #808 on: August 15, 2020, 02:51:11 PM »

"Happy birthday HRH! Royal family releases three new portraits of Princess Anne resplendent in evening gowns and relaxing in the grounds of Gatcombe Park to celebrate her 70th
* The Princess Royal's 70th birthday has been marked with the release of three official photographs taken in February before the lockdown to celebrate the milestone
* Princess Anne is known for her no-nonsense approach to life and tenacious attitude, but in the images she is pictured smiling and looking relaxed at her Gatcombe Park home in Gloucestershire
* Wearing a Maureen Baker evening dress and Sue Palmer bolero jacket, the Queen's only daughter looks stylish as she poses for celebrated photographer John Swannell and smiles broadly while sat in a chair
* In another picture the princess looks directly at the camera, with a hint of a smile on her lips, wearing a Sue Palmer emerald green dress and a gold ribbon knot brooch, set with 12 diamonds
* The images were taken in late February a few weeks before the coronavirus lockdown, and in the final picture Anne is dressed more causally for the outdoor setting, where she poses under a tree
* Anne celebrates her 70th birthday on Saturday and her son-in-law Mike Tindall has already revealed Covid-19 and the recent spike of cases in Aberdeen have meant plans to mark the day have been scaled back."

https://www.dailymail.co....aits-mark-turning-70.html

Champagne Beer

Kristallinchen

Humongous Member

Austria Austria

Ignore
« Reply #809 on: August 15, 2020, 02:57:19 PM »

Happy Birthday! Banana Champagne Lolipop Lolipop
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 57   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: