Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Anne  (Read 217723 times)
Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #810 on: August 15, 2020, 04:08:40 PM »

Wonderful Princess Royal would make a fantastic Queen. Something tells me that there would be no dumpster fires on the lawn at Buck House if she were Monarch. She would shut that  stuff down so fast it would make your head spin. She's always been the hardest working member of the Firm. Though I do wonder why she's wearing a wedding gown in the second picture. Regardless, Happy Birthday Ma'am! You are a National Treasure.
Future Crayon

Most Exalted Member

Til and Phil fan account

Ignore
« Reply #811 on: August 15, 2020, 04:29:10 PM »

Happy birthday to a real royal game changer*

*unfussy, sporty, outspoken, no titles for her kids, sensibly handled divorce, loyal, hardworking, terrible fashion sense

I stand with crop-top wearing pro-democracy protesters
Lady Liebe

Gigantic Member

Northern Parula

Ignore
« Reply #812 on: August 15, 2020, 04:30:59 PM »

A National Treasure indeed! A very happy 70th birthday to the Princess Royal.

Princess Charlotte would be wise to take her as a role model.

I agree with DoV, that second gown, while lovely, does have a wedding dress quality about it and is too young for her. If it was a pale pastel blue or lavender it would look well on Kate.

the green one.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 05:30:51 PM by Lady Liebe » Logged

"Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds."

Theodore Roosevelt
SvenskaSarah

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #813 on: August 15, 2020, 06:11:19 PM »

A very happy birthday to the Princess Royal! A very underrated but a fantastic asset to the BRF!

That green dress looks lovely on her, it makes me think that she would rock the emerald jewels within the BRF jewellery vault, especiallythe Greville emerald necklace 

She is the best Queen we've never had, and it would have been very interesting to see her approach to the various dramas the BRF has dealt with during her lifetime. But I think it's her decision to work for the royal family whilst also having a very private life for her immediate family which makes her so endearing.
kbart

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #814 on: August 15, 2020, 06:53:09 PM »

Happy birthday to a real royal game changer*

*unfussy, sporty, outspoken, no titles for her kids, sensibly handled divorce, loyal, hardworking, terrible fashion sense

Many happy returns. I agree with all the above. It is such a shame about the fashion sense as when young she was very trendy. When her 21st photos came out they were very much praised. She used to wear lovely stetson hats, very in at the time. There is one very old story about her unfussiness - have no idea if it is true. She was shopping with her detective in Marks and Spencer and in the underwear section. She was interested in a bra and the assistant asked her what size she needed. She said she hadn't a clue and just lifted up her top for the assistant to measure her. btw this really is what was done in those days in M&S! The assistants in that department all hung tape measures round their necks.
A Citizen not a Subject

Warned
Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #815 on: August 15, 2020, 07:53:42 PM »

What a fantastic figure she has for a 70 year old. The photo of her by the tree shows what amazing shape she’s in.

I live in hope that one day I will be able to elect my Head of State.
Chandrasekhi

Huge Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #816 on: August 15, 2020, 09:23:19 PM »

Happy Birthday Ascerbic Anne, Fearless & Feisty, Dedicated and Dutiful   Champagne'

About Anne as she Turns 70
https://www.macarthuradve...as-she-turns-70/?cs=12686
- Author Lady Colin Campbell once wrote: "The key to the princess is that she is Prince Philip in skirts."
- Anne once remarked: "As a young princess I was a huge disappointment to everyone concerned. It's impractical to go around in life dressed in a long white dress and a crown."
-  She was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize by President Kenneth Kaunda of Zambia in 1990 for her work as president of the charity Save the Children.
- In 2002, Anne became the first senior member of the royal family to be convicted of a criminal offence. She pleaded guilty at East Berkshire Magistrates' Court in Slough to a charge under the Dangerous Dogs Act after her pet Dotty bit two children in Windsor Great Park. She was fined STG500.
- A skilled horsewoman, Anne won the individual championship at Burghley in 1971, and was voted BBC Sports Personality of the Year.
- She won a place in the 1976 Montreal Olympics as a three-day eventer in the British equestrian team.
- She is a British member of the International Olympic Committee and took part in London's successful bid to host the 2012 Olympic Games, and was a member of the organising committee.
- Anne survived an attempted kidnapping in 1974 when a gunman tried to abduct her and then husband Captain Mark Phillips as they were driven along The Mall to Buckingham Palace. She kept her cool, and when the gunman, Ian Ball, told her to "come with me for a day or two" because he wanted STG2 million, she replied it was not "bloody likely, and I haven't got STG2 million". The princess told how she was "furious at this man who was having a tug of war with me" and for ripping her favourite blue velvet dress. The Duke of Edinburgh later quipped: "If the man had succeeded in abducting Anne, she would have given him a hell of a time in captivity."
https://metro.co.uk/2020/...ss-anne-popular-13125304/
 - In the 1960s and 1970s Anne was the most fashionable member of her family, who set trends and to this day, she is an expert at recycling outfits.
- Her distinctive style added a fairy tale aura at her wedding to Captain Mark Phillips in 1973 and the global fascination she exerted was undeniable; an estimated half a billion people tuned in for this spectacular event, which was the most significant royal ceremony since the coronation.
- She has inherited her father’s characteristic of working hard without any fuss and her mother’s dedication to duty and sense of fun. This makes her contribution to the monarchy’s image with the British public even more important, especially in the age of social media, when the royal family remains an object of obsessive fascination. 
- ... In a recent interview with Vanity Fair, Anne urged today’s young royals to learn from the lessons of the past and to follow the basics of public service.
- When followed by the press as a young woman she was also famously rude, especially when, at an equestrian event, she reportedly told them to ‘naff off’.
- Her participation in It’s a Royal Knockout – a televised one-off charity event in which contestants took part in ridiculous games – was clearly the wrong decision; it was a catastrophically ludicrous event and was surprising for someone who is normally so level headed.
https://youtu.be/97ZMC8cV3to

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

– Yoda
Chandrasekhi

Huge Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #817 on: August 15, 2020, 09:57:52 PM »

A Younger Anne

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

– Yoda
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #818 on: August 15, 2020, 10:35:45 PM »

The RF instgram is posting pics and moments from Anne's decades, today it pointed out when Anne as appointed to the order of the garter she requested to be appointed as a "Knight" rather than a "Lady".

I love that story, it's so her. She's the real deal, a no-nonsense hard working daddy's girl. I admire her a lot even though I don't always agree with her. I'd love to meet her some day, especially if she brings her darling granddaughters!  Icecream

A National Treasure indeed! A very happy 70th birthday to the Princess Royal.

Princess Charlotte would be wise to take her as a role model.

I agree with DoV, that second gown, while lovely, does have a wedding dress quality about it and is too young for her. If it was a pale pastel blue or lavender it would look well on Kate.

the green one.

Yes, Charlotte would do well to study how her great-aunt handled the inevitable pressures of life. I agree about the green dress, too!

Happy Birthday YRH, many happy returns of the day! Beer
Gemsheal

Small Member

I make all my memes

Ignore
« Reply #819 on: August 16, 2020, 12:01:44 AM »

"Happy birthday HRH! Royal family releases three new portraits of Princess Anne resplendent in evening gowns and relaxing in the grounds of Gatcombe Park to celebrate her 70th
* The Princess Royal's 70th birthday has been marked with the release of three official photographs taken in February before the lockdown to celebrate the milestone
* Princess Anne is known for her no-nonsense approach to life and tenacious attitude, but in the images she is pictured smiling and looking relaxed at her Gatcombe Park home in Gloucestershire
* Wearing a Maureen Baker evening dress and Sue Palmer bolero jacket, the Queen's only daughter looks stylish as she poses for celebrated photographer John Swannell and smiles broadly while sat in a chair.

I have to respectfully disagree with those who say this dress is too young or too bridal for Anne.  White suits her beautifully.   I think this is an incredibly flattering photo and with her broad smile she looks young here, much younger than 70.

And good for her!  Wear whatever the eff you want at 70, 80, 90 ... isn't there a cute story about a short-sighted guest at a wedding mistaking the old Queen Mother for the wedding cake 😁 

My fondest childhood memory is ... not having to pay bills and taxes 🤓
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #820 on: August 16, 2020, 12:23:14 AM »

I just found out one of her middle names is Louise
Could Lady Louise and or Louis ( I know that’s pushing it ) be honorifics for Anne?
Is she godmother to any in the BRF or other royal houses.
She looks great and I think the white gown is perfect on her. Still nice thick hair and healthy weight from horse riding. She reminds so much of her father. The only one of the children IMO though of course her face is all mom
periwinkle

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #821 on: August 16, 2020, 12:42:46 AM »

Happy birthday Princess Anne she looks terrific very inspiring to be a youthful 70.
getafix

Most Exalted Member

Virgin Islands, British Virgin Islands, British

Bye-Bye MEDiana Who!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #822 on: August 16, 2020, 12:50:40 AM »

Anne should have been first, and inherited the throne, instead of chucky!

She has more backbone then him in anyday.

PS: this just an opinion.

G Smiley

ANDREW DENTON: Yes. What did... When you first met, what did you see in each other? CROWN PRINCE FREDERIK: What did we see in each other? We saw... Well, it's a bit hard. It's a bit blurry, in a way, because it was just after the Olympics had started and it was one of those evenings where...
Queen’s Tea

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #823 on: August 16, 2020, 01:11:43 AM »

"Happy birthday HRH! Royal family releases three new portraits of Princess Anne resplendent in evening gowns and relaxing in the grounds of Gatcombe Park to celebrate her 70th
* The Princess Royal's 70th birthday has been marked with the release of three official photographs taken in February before the lockdown to celebrate the milestone
* Princess Anne is known for her no-nonsense approach to life and tenacious attitude, but in the images she is pictured smiling and looking relaxed at her Gatcombe Park home in Gloucestershire
* Wearing a Maureen Baker evening dress and Sue Palmer bolero jacket, the Queen's only daughter looks stylish as she poses for celebrated photographer John Swannell and smiles broadly while sat in a chair.

I have to respectfully disagree with those who say this dress is too young or too bridal for Anne.  White suits her beautifully.   I think this is an incredibly flattering photo and with her broad smile she looks young here, much younger than 70.

And good for her!  Wear whatever the eff you want at 70, 80, 90 ... isn't there a cute story about a short-sighted guest at a wedding mistaking the old Queen Mother for the wedding cake 😁 

I’m with you on this.  If white is off limits after a certain age or looks too bridal, then we also have to criticize the Queen for the same infraction and many times over!  She looks fantastic.  She takes a great deal after her father. 
SvenskaSarah

Large Member

Ignore
« Reply #824 on: August 16, 2020, 02:21:50 AM »

I just found out one of her middle names is Louise
Could Lady Louise and or Louis ( I know that’s pushing it ) be honorifics for Anne?
Is she godmother to any in the BRF or other royal houses.
She looks great and I think the white gown is perfect on her. Still nice thick hair and healthy weight from horse riding. She reminds so much of her father. The only one of the children IMO though of course her face is all mom

It would be a lovely gesture if Lady Louise was named in her honour. However I fear that she, and Prince Louis have their names from Lord Louis Mountbatten, from whom William received his middle name from, and whom Charles wa apparently exceptionally close to and was ny all accounts distraught by his murder in 1979. Mountbatten was Philip's uncle and was close to him and QEII. Although he did have a sister called Louise, who became Queen consort of Sweden, my romanticized head hopes that Anne received one of her Christian names from her, though I imagine Louis Mountbatten is the reasoning behind the various Louis and Louise names given within living BRF members.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: