Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Anne  (Read 239902 times)
casie

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #900 on: April 23, 2021, 12:15:09 AM »

Be grateful for it. Boring can be good. I was cursed with the name of a Disney villain as a middle name... it would be funny, if it wasn't so butt ugly...

I share my name with a certain cartoon ghost, so I can feel your pain. Laugh bounce

Can only think of Caspar.

Yep, but but with a 'e.'
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #901 on: April 28, 2021, 11:35:31 AM »

Be grateful for it. Boring can be good. I was cursed with the name of a Disney villain as a middle name... it would be funny, if it wasn't so butt ugly...

I share my name with a certain cartoon ghost, so I can feel your pain. Laugh bounce

Can only think of Caspar.

Yep, but but with a 'e.'

Laugh bounce
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #902 on: April 28, 2021, 11:40:48 AM »

Laughing

My first name is a somewhat old-fashioned short Dutch name, actually an abbreviation of a beautiful (but very much used) royal name. But I grew into it, this name belongs to me. Over the years I have noticed that especially English speakers have trouble pronouncing my name correctly, at least as it should be in Dutch.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #903 on: April 28, 2021, 11:43:10 AM »

Ursula, Druscilla, ....?  Thinking Smiley

Laugh bounce  i know.  what  a teaser!   you know we really are curious now, fairy!

Ahh Fairy, I need to know now  Beer

Tell us or we’ll continue guessing!

Scar or Cruella?

I'm going with Ursula, but the one from Mad About You and Friends (Phoebe's sister or cousin)

I'm also for Ursula.

Me too....considering Fairy being German and IMO Ursula is a typical German name (to my Dutch ears and experience). But heck, in the Netherlands I have had a colleague (born and raised Dutch) named Ursula (for a 1st name).
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #904 on: April 28, 2021, 01:37:52 PM »

Not german, but sadly Ursula it is. It was quite a revelation to hear it pronounced in german. Doesn't sound quite as bad...
Now, if you would all look into this nice little camera, which I borrowed from MiB and smile while I beep...we can all forget about this...  Halo

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #905 on: April 28, 2021, 02:08:37 PM »

Not german, but sadly Ursula it is. It was quite a revelation to hear it pronounced in german. Doesn't sound quite as bad...
Now, if you would all look into this nice little camera, which I borrowed from MiB and smile while I beep...we can all forget about this...  Halo

Laughing Laughing

As a little comfort, here's one  Star for you
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #906 on: April 28, 2021, 02:55:15 PM »

That was a name here in Australia decades ago but I have not heard it for a long time... take comfort you could be Irish Catholic and have Mary in your name as I do .... back “then” we all did 😛
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #907 on: April 28, 2021, 04:01:06 PM »

That was a name here in Australia decades ago but I have not heard it for a long time... take comfort you could be Irish Catholic and have Mary in your name as I do .... back “then” we all did 😛

Well, one of my middle names is Maria (predominantly named after a grandmother). But as one Protestant fellow student once said, "By using the name Mary, I can see that you are a Catholic ...." She was correct about the Catholic part Wink Smiley
Lady Willoughby

Warned
Gigantic Member

United States United States

Circa Regna Tonat

Ignore
« Reply #908 on: April 28, 2021, 04:02:01 PM »

Fairy  Beer Laugh bounce

Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #909 on: April 28, 2021, 04:04:34 PM »

Now, if you would all look into this nice little camera, which I borrowed from MiB and smile while I beep...we can all forget about this...  Halo

Well, one of my middle names is Maria (predominantly named after a grandmother). But as one Protestant fellow student once said, "By using the name Mary, I can see that you are a Catholic ...." She was correct about the Catholic part Wink Smiley

Indeed... well we all had to have the name of a saint as part of our name if not the priest would “guide” the parents... I’ve always been known by my middle name...
anneboleyn

Warned
Small Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #910 on: April 28, 2021, 04:23:16 PM »

Laughing

I actually think it's not only a nice name, but she's my favourite villain! So there's that!  Blush
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #911 on: April 28, 2021, 04:23:39 PM »

Now, if you would all look into this nice little camera, which I borrowed from MiB and smile while I beep...we can all forget about this...  Halo

Indeed... well we all had to have the name of a saint as part of our name if not the priest would “guide” the parents... I’ve always been known by my middle name...

Ah, even that strict.

We, my siblings and I are mainly named after family. My parents, both> 75 years old, still remember that there was a sequence in the past. I.e. first named after paternal grandparents, then maternal grandparents, followed by certain uncles and aunts. No need for saints in the list of names. No need for a Saints name in the list (with the exception in case of a special connection to a Saint). However, the name of many family members was already linked to a saint, or the names were Latinized. For example, I have uncles who are officially called Wilhelmus, but are called Willem / Willy / Wim in everyday life.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: