Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 52   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Anne  (Read 197501 times)
Lady Alice

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #555 on: June 22, 2018, 12:47:48 PM »

Philip, her father...

emtishell

Large Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #556 on: June 22, 2018, 01:11:03 PM »

Imagine the Queen she woukld have made......
lellobeetle

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #557 on: June 22, 2018, 02:06:06 PM »

Imagine the Queen she would have made......

Yes, she would have been truly impressive

Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #558 on: June 22, 2018, 02:15:44 PM »

Imagine what she would get done. Charles I have no great hopes for.
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #559 on: June 28, 2018, 05:16:15 PM »

Well I like Chucky and C'milla, but I do think Anne and Tim would have been very interesting too. (Mark Philipps not so much)

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
QueenE

Mini Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #560 on: June 28, 2018, 06:49:31 PM »

Imagine the Queen she would have made......

Yes, she would have been truly impressive

She really would have. Anne has a tenacity about her that none of her siblings have. She's one of the hardest working members of the BRF and doesn't get enough coverage for all she does, IMO. I really, really admire her.
Duchess of Verona

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #561 on: June 28, 2018, 09:48:56 PM »

I love that she is such a hard worker, and that she has none of the I'm So Important attitude that Charles and Andrew have.
Annlynnmarie

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #562 on: June 30, 2018, 03:00:56 PM »

The Royal Family’s Twitter has some lovely new photos of Ann!

https://twitter.com/royal.../1013029625142829058?s=21
QueenE

Mini Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #563 on: July 03, 2018, 02:38:52 PM »

I love that she is such a hard worker, and that she has none of the I'm So Important attitude that Charles and Andrew have.

Agreed. She works incredibly hard, especially compared to most of them!
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #564 on: July 04, 2018, 10:00:19 AM »

She actually has that vibe too, but for some strange reason, it has never rubbed the wrong way quite as painfully. Perhaps she never has had this "gimme more, because" attitude. The ridiculous grabbing of privileges both materialistic and idealistic.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
luvcharles

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #565 on: July 04, 2018, 10:27:25 AM »

Over the past couple of weeks there has been some criticism of Sophie and Edward for using the royal helicopter but none of the fact that Anne flew to Canada last week for ONE engagement. That was seen as acceptable it seems.

I always wonder about the idea that xxxx would have made a better monarch than yyyyy. What we don't know is how differently they would have been raised had xxxx actually been the heir and how that would have affected them. Charles was treated differently by the nannies (Anne even identified this) and the Queen Mum due to being the heir. How would Anne have turned out if she had been treated the way Charles was? We will, of course never know ... maybe the same way she has but if she was given the preferential treatment over her next sibling, in particular, would she have been the way she is now or is she the way she is now because she is the second child who was fully aware that her older brother was given special treatment because he was the heir. Nature vs Nurture of course.
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #566 on: July 04, 2018, 03:01:10 PM »

Over the past couple of weeks there has been some criticism of Sophie and Edward for using the royal helicopter but none of the fact that Anne flew to Canada last week for ONE engagement. That was seen as acceptable it seems.

I always wonder about the idea that xxxx would have made a better monarch than yyyyy. What we don't know is how differently they would have been raised had xxxx actually been the heir and how that would have affected them. Charles was treated differently by the nannies (Anne even identified this) and the Queen Mum due to being the heir. How would Anne have turned out if she had been treated the way Charles was? We will, of course never know ... maybe the same way she has but if she was given the preferential treatment over her next sibling, in particular, would she have been the way she is now or is she the way she is now because she is the second child who was fully aware that her older brother was given special treatment because he was the heir. Nature vs Nurture of course.

Unless she used a private jet for the trip I don't see why that event would be of note.
Oh_Caroline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #567 on: July 04, 2018, 03:09:07 PM »

For years I have blamed the Queen Mum for a lot of Charles and William's issues.   She always struck me as the overly indulgent type for the future Kings, which is funny when you consider her husband was the second son and his overly indulged elder brother nearly brought down the monarchy.
leatherface

Gigantic Member

Nigeria Nigeria

Ignore
« Reply #568 on: July 04, 2018, 03:20:44 PM »

For years I have blamed the Queen Mum for a lot of Charles and William's issues.   She always struck me as the overly indulgent type for the future Kings, which is funny when you consider her husband was the second son and his overly indulged elder brother nearly brought down the monarchy.

As much as I dislike the Queen Mother,  I think she did more good than harm to Charles at least. The way people have described Charles as a child it seemed that he was very sensitive and emotionally needy and she stepped in and nurtured him during the times his parents were away.

William always struck me as unpleasant even as a child but whatever checks against such behaviour that were forthcoming disappeared when his mother died in a misguided attempt to help him cope with his loss.
Ellie

Warned
Humongous Member

in search of ethical emerald tiaras

Ignore
« Reply #569 on: July 04, 2018, 10:38:07 PM »

I think the QM indulged Charles and understood his sensitivity and temperament, and he surely felt love from her in ways he did not from his parents, so he probably felt very secure and loved with her. Maybe only with her and the nanny. It's really sad and explains a lot.

Anne is made of tougher stuff and a female clone of Philip so she never needed a lot of that, I think.

William according to Diana's security guy Ken Wharfe was always an unpleasant character even as a little boy so I doubt much would help there. Nature, all nature, right there.

writing angry fauxminist letters in the Lesbaru
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 52   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: