Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 52   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Anne  (Read 198065 times)
luvcharles

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #570 on: July 05, 2018, 02:31:38 AM »

Over the past couple of weeks there has been some criticism of Sophie and Edward for using the royal helicopter but none of the fact that Anne flew to Canada last week for ONE engagement. That was seen as acceptable it seems.

I always wonder about the idea that xxxx would have made a better monarch than yyyyy. What we don't know is how differently they would have been raised had xxxx actually been the heir and how that would have affected them. Charles was treated differently by the nannies (Anne even identified this) and the Queen Mum due to being the heir. How would Anne have turned out if she had been treated the way Charles was? We will, of course never know ... maybe the same way she has but if she was given the preferential treatment over her next sibling, in particular, would she have been the way she is now or is she the way she is now because she is the second child who was fully aware that her older brother was given special treatment because he was the heir. Nature vs Nurture of course.

Unless she used a private jet for the trip I don't see why that event would be of note.

Given the number of staff and the fact it would have been first or business class all the way that would be around $AU20,000 for one engagement at least - seems excessive to me. If she had done three or four engagements on that one day it would be maybe cost effective but one engagement seems excessive ... but it is Anne so she can get away with anything whereas her brothers would be called out on it, probably called out even if they had done three or four engagements in one day.
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #571 on: July 05, 2018, 07:15:38 AM »

Over the past couple of weeks there has been some criticism of Sophie and Edward for using the royal helicopter but none of the fact that Anne flew to Canada last week for ONE engagement. That was seen as acceptable it seems.

I always wonder about the idea that xxxx would have made a better monarch than yyyyy. What we don't know is how differently they would have been raised had xxxx actually been the heir and how that would have affected them. Charles was treated differently by the nannies (Anne even identified this) and the Queen Mum due to being the heir. How would Anne have turned out if she had been treated the way Charles was? We will, of course never know ... maybe the same way she has but if she was given the preferential treatment over her next sibling, in particular, would she have been the way she is now or is she the way she is now because she is the second child who was fully aware that her older brother was given special treatment because he was the heir. Nature vs Nurture of course.

Unless she used a private jet for the trip I don't see why that event would be of note.

Given the number of staff and the fact it would have been first or business class all the way that would be around $AU20,000 for one engagement at least - seems excessive to me. If she had done three or four engagements on that one day it would be maybe cost effective but one engagement seems excessive ... but it is Anne so she can get away with anything whereas her brothers would be called out on it, probably called out even if they had done three or four engagements in one day.

I don't understand why anyone would travel that distance for one engagement - but business people do it all the time when a teleconference would probably do . . . . I can understand that if she is a Patron of an organisation she would be expected to visit at least once a year. Surely her office could have put together a proper value-add schedule for her ? I guess at least she didn't waste time on a pointless "smile and wave" holitour  Smiley
debbydeb

Gigantic Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #572 on: July 05, 2018, 08:21:14 AM »

I don't understand why anyone would travel that distance for one engagement - but business people do it all the time when a teleconference would probably do . . . . I can understand that if she is a Patron of an organisation she would be expected to visit at least once a year. Surely her office could have put together a proper value-add schedule for her ? I guess at least she didn't waste time on a pointless "smile and wave" holitour  Smiley

It seems like she does this often. Visit another country for a day trip of one or two events.

I remember not so long ago she went to Germany for one event in the morning, then return just in time to attend 2 more events in London (or somewhere, not sure). She took a private heli? or something private anyway.

Although certainly Canada is farther away than Germany so she couldn't hop-on-hop-off like she did with that German visit, so it would make better sense to pack her schedule rather than just 1 visit to 1 place.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 08:27:55 AM by debbydeb » Logged
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #573 on: July 05, 2018, 10:06:18 AM »

Since it's your taxdollars at work, I can understand your annoyance. But international companies do that all the time. My b-i-l flew to Hongkong for a signature. And since the a CEO can't just show up alone to put his signature on a merger, a group of handshakers, smilers and pencil-holders went along, first class. They flew in - met at the airport and flew back with the same plane. And those companies then cut back on boni, raises or employee benefits for financial reasons.

About the different approaches of Anne and Charles:
I think had Anne been raised as the heir, some of the deeply grounded anchor would probably be missing, it is possible that her no nonsense approach turned autocratical and harsh, while Charles sensible, green and environmental attitude, coupled with his charm and diplomacy (of which he is def. capable) would make him seem a perfect modern candidate.
Sometimes I think it is a bit of grass greener other side coupled with the fact, that it is very difficult to judge if you aren't in those shoes. Anne never had to deal with the extreme spotlight Charles was under.

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
QueenE

Mini Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #574 on: July 05, 2018, 08:11:53 PM »

Although certainly Canada is farther away than Germany so she couldn't hop-on-hop-off like she did with that German visit, so it would make better sense to pack her schedule rather than just 1 visit to 1 place.

Agreed - she could've used the opportunity to do a few more appearances. I'm sure the Canadian government could've whipped up something for her. Meet with the new governor general or something.
Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #575 on: September 10, 2018, 02:45:35 PM »

The Princess Royal enjoyed an afternoon with her grandchildren yesterday in Gatcombe Park, Gloucestershire.

Tatini

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #576 on: September 10, 2018, 02:56:19 PM »

What an adorable gang!!! The three girls are all lovely!!! Princess Anne is one lucky grandma!
cordtx

Warned
Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #577 on: September 10, 2018, 09:44:48 PM »

And now she’s got 4 granddaughters!!
danifaul

Big Member

sorry for my bad english

Ignore
« Reply #578 on: October 19, 2018, 07:40:16 PM »

Sly dig at Meghan Markle? Princess Anne says it's ABSURD to shake hands on engagements
PRINCESS Anne may be officially the most hardworking Royal of the year so far, but she thinks its "patently absurd" to shake hands when meeting people, she revealed in a new ITV documentary, Queen of the World.

She noted others in her family do greet people in this way - the Queen and the younger Royals like Prince William, Kate Middleton, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are known to regularly shake hands with the public.
But the Princess said: “We never shook hands. The theory was that you couldn’t shake hands with everybody, so don’t start.
“So I kind of stick to that, but I notice others don’t.”

The official rules on hand-shaking were relaxed by the Queen in the 1970s, but at least one Royal kept on the tradition.
She added: “It’s not for be to say that it’s wrong, but I think the initial concept was that it was patently absurd to start shaking hands.
“It seems to be that it’s become a shaking hands exercise rather than a walkabout.”

https://www.express.co.uk...campaign=traffic.outbrain

Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #579 on: February 14, 2019, 04:00:54 PM »

13 Feb 2019

Congratulations to everyone who received their honour from The Princess Royal at yesterday's Investiture.

They included @stagecoachgroup co-founder, businesswoman, activist and charity campaigner Dame Anne Gloag, who received her Damehood for services to business and philanthropy.

Hertfordshire firefighters Wayne Ansell and Simon Best both received The Queen’s Gallantry Medal for their efforts in rescuing 35 elderly residents from a serious fire in a care home in Cheshunt.

Amali de Alwis was awarded her MBE for services to Women in Technology. Amali is Chief Executive Officer of @CodeFirstGirls and a mentor for the Commonwealth Enterprise and Investment Council as well as acting as a mentor for start-ups.

Duchess of Suffolk

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #580 on: February 14, 2019, 04:13:24 PM »

February 5

The Princess Royal formally opened Gloucestershire's newest secondary school and engineering college campus @berkeleygutc @utcolleges and the new nursery building @colstonsschool

February 12

Congratulations to the winners of this year's Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering: the team who created GPS – The Global Positioning System. They were presented with the #QEPrize2019 by The Princess Royal.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 04:33:48 PM by Duchess of Suffolk » Logged

Lady Alice

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #581 on: February 14, 2019, 04:24:53 PM »

Good ol' Anne. Crusty, feisty, but completely reliable and true. God bless ya, ma'am.

Kashka

Medium Member

Barbados Barbados

Ignore
« Reply #582 on: February 14, 2019, 11:46:18 PM »

Gets in there, gets the work done.
No fuss, no 'Looker-me', no girly giggles (can you imagine?!  ) no "testing the smell by smelling it" - just plain old work.
Good on ya, Anne!  Thumb up
Paulina

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #583 on: February 15, 2019, 05:00:32 AM »

Anyone else notice Anne manages to always be appropriately dressed, classic, well tailored, not dowdy, on point, and still keep the focus on the cause and not herself? That’s how it’s done.
Carreen

Mini Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #584 on: February 15, 2019, 05:32:28 PM »

Looking at Princess Anne with all her granddaughters, all I thought was Girlpower through the generations!

Many years ago I asked a British friend who was his favorite member of the RF. He said he didn't time for any of them except Princess Anne :-D because he knew how hard she worked and without ever seeking the spotlight. Oh I wish wish wish we could know her real thoughts about some of the things going on... but we never will.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 52   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: