Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 78   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Duchess of Cambridge shopping  (Read 341069 times)
Hibou

Gigantic Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2011, 07:54:29 PM »

Hi Little_Star,
Sorry. I have never been to the UK..been everywhere else but not the UK. WOW! I didn't know that Bicester Village still sold expensive stuff. Down under we have "outlets" but they sell clothing, shoes, etc..made by some of our more upmarket labels that have a small factory fault  so can't be sold at the major stores in the city so they are a 1/4 of the full price. If you have a lucky day you could pick up awesome bargains. I'm under the impression that Bicester Village might be different after your explanation in the post above. Thanks.

I'm happy to learn something new today.   Laugh bounce

Outlets in the US vary. Some sell designer stuff, but it's usually the stuff that didn't sell like they were expecting. Now some designers make clothes just for the outlet stores. They use less expensive fabric and mass produce it just for these outlets, so in the end, the design might be nice but the material, not so much. I've been to designer outlets like Burberry here in the US and they were unloading last season's stuff marked down but still pricey. However, if you were dying to own a raincoat, you could get it marked 50% off.
MoonFlower

Medium Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2011, 07:57:57 PM »

Aww, you're very sweet. Thank you  Hug
The UK is a great place for shopping IMO and I love that we have such a thriving "high street" scene with so many different stores catering for the ordinry pocket. I live in Manchester and I think if you ever came here you'd probably shop til you dropped!  Tongue

Thank you for bringing us awesome news & comments. I love the board and the members. Always open up my little head a lil each visit.

I Googled Manchester..nice, pretty and awesome piccies online. The houses look unique and cute like something out of a fairytale. Star Star Star

I love shopping, especially when it is affordable too.. YAY!
MoonFlower

Medium Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2011, 08:07:53 PM »

Outlets in the US vary. Some sell designer stuff, but it's usually the stuff that didn't sell like they were expecting. Now some designers make clothes just for the outlet stores. They use less expensive fabric and mass produce it just for these outlets, so in the end, the design might be nice but the material, not so much. I've been to designer outlets like Burberry here in the US and they were unloading last season's stuff marked down but still pricey. However, if you were dying to own a raincoat, you could get it marked 50% off.
[/quote]

Hi Hibou, Love your posts - always so insightful & fun to read..  Star

The USA outlets were awesome! I did not know much about outlets or think much about how the goods ended up being sold there but went along with shopping tour guides in each of the states I visited. I remember picking up some cool Guess t-shirts & jeans and Tommy Hilfiger tees at less than half price. I was so giddy happy at the end of the trip. Long live outlets!!! Star Star Star
danifaul

Big Member

sorry for my bad english

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2011, 09:55:44 PM »

http://www.hollywoodlife....on-shopping-london-style/

I like  the dress

Rearden

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2011, 09:57:30 PM »

her hair  Huh?

"You can never be too rich or too thin" - HRH The Duchess of Windsor Cambridge
SouthernBelle

Big Member

With my thumbs I like to think I'm probably useful

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2011, 09:57:41 PM »

Me too. The color is really nice but she looks sad or annoyed.

southport

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2011, 10:06:27 PM »

A woman under pressure and what's with the blonde strreaks in her hair?
danifaul

Big Member

sorry for my bad english

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2011, 10:56:07 PM »

Me too. The color is really nice but she looks sad or annoyed.

Thinking She Was Crying ?

southport

Small Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2011, 11:39:43 PM »

She is not amused!
Mab

Mini Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2011, 11:44:46 PM »

I wouldn't really call Bicester Village a place to go looking for bargains. Everything is designer so you're still paying alot of money there.
Agreed.  Years ago I used to live in Bicester (mid 90s) and it was a place you went to look around but not buy at because of the prices.  I only ever bought one little girls skirt there in the 2 years I lived there.  But I wonder did she go there just to shop or was she in the area for some other reason, it is a bit of an awkward spot really.
MoonFlower

Medium Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2011, 07:08:38 PM »

Catherine looks gorgeous. I really love the colour of the dress, the jacket and shoes - excellent combo that really works.

I think it must be stressful to be a public figure, especially part of a Royal household that is so popular like the BRF. For Catherine to have the media 24/7/365 follow her every move..she must be beginning to feel tired and stressed out = the unhappy look.

I'm wondering if Catherine is lightening her hair with blonde streaks to look more and more like Diana - and play mummy to give Wills his "mummy" back so he will be keep happy & content, love her more.
Amina

Small Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2011, 08:22:27 PM »

Bicester Village ay be reasonably priced but it's still a designer outlet.
http://www.bicestervillag...directory/brand-directory

My sister bought a gorgeous Fendi bag here.

It does negate the need for a dresser if she can spend time at designer outlets shopping.

Hibou - i'm guessing the dresser will be for when she and Wills permenantly move back to London and start working full time as Royals.

Looks like Kate hasn't much to do then?  It's a problem with Will's working full time in Wales.  It seems to me that Kate is isolated in Wales and hasn't much to do.  I feel kind of sorry for her.
danifaul

Big Member

sorry for my bad english

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2011, 02:35:56 AM »

A little shopping for the casually dressed Duchess of Cambridge...before her dazzling transformation for gala dinner  Champagne

With her glossy hair, megawatt smile and £4,000 sequinned dress, she had all eyes on her.
But just hours before dazzling at her first official evening engagement on Thursday, the Duchess of Cambridge could have been any young woman shopping on Londonís Kingís Road.Dressed casually in flat white pumps, skinny Hudson jeans and a cream scoop-necked jumper, Kate managed the three-hour trip  without any of her fellow shoppers noticing her.

Accompanied by two plainclothes Scotland Yard police protection officers, Kate, 29, popped into the Peter Jones department store in Sloane Square, where she spent almost an hour browsing fashion accessories before picking up a few bits and bobs.
She also visited Boots, where she bought a couple of facial moisturisers from the low-cost Nivea range.
http://www.dailymail.co.u...ng-Duchess-Cambridge.html

SouthernBelle

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2011, 02:48:14 AM »

Catherine looks gorgeous. I really love the colour of the dress, the jacket and shoes - excellent combo that really works.

I think it must be stressful to be a public figure, especially part of a Royal household that is so popular like the BRF. For Catherine to have the media 24/7/365 follow her every move..she must be beginning to feel tired and stressed out = the unhappy look. I'm wondering if Catherine is lightening her hair with blonde streaks to look more and more like Diana - and play mummy to give Wills his "mummy" back so he will be keep happy & content, love her more.

Kate didn't have to marry Willy. She could have settled for a normal guy that didn't come with castles and nice jewels. If she is so stressed, she should remember the millions of people who actually have to work for a living.

SouthernBelle

Big Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2011, 03:29:41 AM »

Moonflower,                                I just reread my reply & realized it sounded kinda mean (IMO). I wasn't attacking you. Just commenting on Waity's situation. Keep up your sweet and snark-free posts.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 78   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: