Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Royal Ascot 14th to 18th June 2011  (Read 30309 times)
tigerben
Board Helper
Humongous Member

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: June 17, 2011, 03:29:47 PM »

Miss W , fantastic photos , the style and the change in fashion skirts lengths along with the hats are wonderful to see, love love love them, any more Blush  Star
Emily
Banned
Banned
Medium Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: June 17, 2011, 03:54:52 PM »

Someone on the Daily mail article commented that

300 years ago the drunken louts would not have been let in, the tattooed men would have been running the fair at Epsom and the Call girl would have been with the King.

which made me LOL.
Little_star
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: June 17, 2011, 04:00:46 PM »

The rules of Ascot are this: anyone who owns a racehorse that is participating on the day, is allowed to be in the carriage ride. Because without the horses there would be no Ascot, and without the owners shelling out a fortune, there would be no horses.

Carole Middleton bought a share in a racehorse, Sohraab in 2006, just before it looked like William might propose to Kate (no doubt she was preparing for the moment where she wanted to participate in her daughter's future life).

She's not there because the Queen condescended to invite her, but because she bought her way in, in the good old-fashioned tradition of working and middle classes.

The toffs might sigh at this state of affairs, but they need this new money. Some people have been moaning about the brawls and "riff-raff" at Ascot - but that's because the tickets are just 60. I think it's cheaper to get into Ascot than into Wimbledon. Of course they could raise the tickets to 1000 a piece - and find they go bust as the "toffs" can't afford those prices (not to attend every single day at any rate).

Welcome to modern Britain. Carole with her way of elbowing herself forward is a big symbol of the change, and good for her!
Very good post!  Thumb up

IMO Ascot lost its shine a few years ago and yesterday's events were waiting to happen.

(img)http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/2017-03-07%2023.04.19.png(/img)
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: June 17, 2011, 04:46:17 PM »

Today:

MoonFlower

Medium Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: June 17, 2011, 04:51:21 PM »

Love what Eugenia is wearing. nice.

I wonder if QEII has had any face lifts or botox injections. Her skin just looks awesome for an 80 something year old granny.
Clara
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Spain Spain

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: June 17, 2011, 04:53:02 PM »

MoonFlower

Medium Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: June 17, 2011, 04:53:48 PM »

The rules of Ascot are this: anyone who owns a racehorse that is participating on the day, is allowed to be in the carriage ride. Because without the horses there would be no Ascot, and without the owners shelling out a fortune, there would be no horses.
Carole Middleton bought a share in a racehorse, Sohraab in 2006, just before it looked like William might propose to Kate (no doubt she was preparing for the moment where she wanted to participate in her daughter's future life).

She's not there because the Queen condescended to invite her, but because she bought her way in, in the good old-fashioned tradition of working and middle classes.

The toffs might sigh at this state of affairs, but they need this new money. Some people have been moaning about the brawls and "riff-raff" at Ascot - but that's because the tickets are just 60. I think it's cheaper to get into Ascot than into Wimbledon. Of course they could raise the tickets to 1000 a piece - and find they go bust as the "toffs" can't afford those prices (not to attend every single day at any rate).

Welcome to modern Britain. Carole with her way of elbowing herself forward is a big symbol of the change, and good for her!
Very good post!  Thumb up

IMO Ascot lost its shine a few years ago and yesterday's events were waiting to happen.

Awesome post Emily. The Middletons are AWESOME! Go Carole!!  I do think that Mother Middleton looks stylish and gorgeous as ever! Star Thumb up Champagne
griet

Small Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: June 17, 2011, 05:02:59 PM »

each day I see QEII, each day I can't find an appropriate adjective...she is just great!!!! those hats... and those brooches!  Yikes
it's confirmed that we won't see our beloved Kate at this event, then?
Snow Queen

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: June 17, 2011, 06:45:37 PM »

each day I see QEII, each day I can't find an appropriate adjective...she is just great!!!! those hats... and those brooches!  Yikes
it's confirmed that we won't see our beloved Kate at this event, then?

ITA, QEII's hats have been incredible this week. 
Miss Waynfleet

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: June 17, 2011, 07:10:34 PM »

Miss W , fantastic photos , the style and the change in fashion skirts lengths along with the hats are wonderful to see, love love love them, any more Blush  Star

Smiley Thanks  Star

Black Ascot: in mourning for King Edward VII, 1910

http://www.thetophatshop.com/royal_ascot.html

1932, June - Margaret Whingham & friend at Ascot

http://junosayshello.blog...cot-4three-exquisite.html

Love Annes dress

Congrats Emily! Star
Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: June 17, 2011, 07:29:55 PM »

Very stylish ladies Thumb up
Lille

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: June 17, 2011, 07:31:03 PM »

Eeek....Carole's nametag reads "Mrs Michael Middleton". I'm fairly tradition but even I can't go there  No

SLUUUURPTON!!!!!!!
xaristocratx

Micro Member

Canada Canada

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: June 17, 2011, 09:35:02 PM »

Fantastic pictures Miss Waynfleet!  Thumb up

I miss the elegance and the presence. Those women, and men, in the pictures have class all right. You can tell by the way they carry themselves and dress. Which is so different than the hunching, dunk, hooker-like girls who attend the event today... Roll Eyes
danishorphan

Warned
Gigantic Member

Papua New Guinea Papua New Guinea

Lives to fill her hollow leg!

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: June 17, 2011, 09:40:22 PM »

I dont know why, but i get the idea that some of them are very grasping, selfish and are all about promoting themselves to be seen in all their finery. Wonder what they have done to benefit the world? Or is it all about them? Sometimes I wonder that about QEII. There is something about her that I still don't care for.

The truth will eventually be revealed!
editorathome
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Bouvet Island Bouvet Island

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: June 17, 2011, 10:50:49 PM »

I wonder if Carole's Ascot outfit is the Mother of the Bride outfit she rejected in favour of the Catherine Walker blue outfit Thinking...

Interesting thought. If so, she definitely chose the right one to wear to the wedding.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: