Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Princess Caroline  (Read 174805 times)
lynda

Ginormous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #555 on: January 15, 2017, 04:53:53 PM »

thank you for those delightful pictures................shame that none of the jewelry was left to Albert for the use of the next Princess...
Countess of Cows

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #556 on: January 15, 2017, 06:43:26 PM »

He's a billionaire, it's more a shame he's not buying his princess her own.  Wink JMO

Seems like I recall Grandmother Charlotte didn't like Grace and left her little, the rest to Caroline.  If I'm remembering that correctly nothing was Grace's to give.  I'd appreciate more information, it seems an interesting question and what about Steph did she receive any of Grace's things? 

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #557 on: January 15, 2017, 07:10:37 PM »

Which ones Coc....the ones, Caro wears here? I did some digging and have to correct myself. They did not belong to Grace, but to Princess Charlotte of Monaco, and seem to have gone directly to Caroline.

Princess Charlotte's Fringe Tiara
This tiara was once owned by Princess Charlotte of Monaco, and has since been seen only on her granddaughter Princess Caroline. Made by Cartier, this piece is comprised of diamonds on a gold and silver frame. It was said to be a gift from Charlotte's father, Prince Louis II.

The Cartier Pearl Drop Tiara
This tiara was made by Cartier Paris as a wedding gift for Princess Charlotte, mother of Prince Rainier, grandmother of Prince Albert. It was a gift from her husband, Count Pierre de Polignac (Prince Pierre of Monaco, Duke of Valentinois). The tiara is made of platinum and white gold, and features diamond scroll work with hanging pear-shaped pearl drops.

Because Grace never wore the tiara publicly, many have assumed it passed directly to Caroline. Princess Charlotte was said to not have approved of Grace, so perhaps she did not leave her jewels to her daughter-in-law. Considering that Charlotte died in 1977, and Grace died in 1982 - not giving Grace many years to wear it, if indeed the tiara did pass to her to stay in the reigning line. Exhibits showing this tiara have listed Prince Albert or the princely house as the owner.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 07:15:38 PM by PeDe » Logged

Countess of Cows

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #558 on: January 15, 2017, 09:37:34 PM »

Star Thanks so much PeDe

I thought Charlotte died much earlier than that, how interesting  Thinking

"I would sooner have you hate me for telling you the truth than adore me for telling you lies." Pietro Aretino

I would rather be hated for something I am, than loved for something I am not. -Bob Marley
Hibou

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #559 on: January 16, 2017, 12:53:37 AM »

He's a billionaire, it's more a shame he's not buying his princess her own.  Wink JMO

Seems like I recall Grandmother Charlotte didn't like Grace and left her little, the rest to Caroline.  If I'm remembering that correctly nothing was Grace's to give.  I'd appreciate more information, it seems an interesting question and what about Steph did she receive any of Grace's things? 

I recall Stephanie was left some of her Mother's jewelry, some belongs to Monaco's sovereign and can not be sold or given to heirs. It remains with the Sovereign. The bulk of Grace's personal jewels did go to Caroline.
esther angeline

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #560 on: January 16, 2017, 02:16:47 AM »

Maybe Caroline will pass it on to Gabriella?  Caroline seems like a doting aunt to them.
PeDe
Board Helper
Most Exalted Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #561 on: January 16, 2017, 03:57:05 AM »

she might just leave it to her own children and grand children before she leaves it to her nieces and nephews, no?

Countess of Cows

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #562 on: January 16, 2017, 04:35:27 AM »

That's true, but with her sense of history I would hope she leaves everything to the "sovereign house".  I mean her children wouldn't have any use for them, and molding in a bank vault isn't ideal.   I always hate for family pieces to end up at auction and falling into the hands of a  Kardashian or that ilk  Dead

Cocorose

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #563 on: January 16, 2017, 08:52:33 AM »

Somewhere I read that Caroline sold some of Grace's jewelry after Stephano died to pay his debts.  Also something about Stephanie being able to borrow her mothers jewels from Caroline.  Charlotte didn't like Grace and left her jewels to Caroline.  The reason I see it being left to Caroline over Stephanie is she was heiress to the Throne until the twins were born.  Caroline also took over her mothers work acting as the hostess where the Princes wife would. 

ortensia

Huge Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #564 on: January 23, 2017, 01:15:17 PM »

Happy birthday Caroline! Champagne
http://www.newmyroyals.co...-celebrates-her-60th.html
RandyDrx

Mini Member

Indonesia Indonesia

Ignore
« Reply #565 on: January 23, 2017, 01:26:38 PM »

Happy birthday Caroline. Jumping
Countess of Cows

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #566 on: January 23, 2017, 02:50:20 PM »

Happy Birthday!  Champagne

Martina91

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Princess Gabriella rules the world!

Ignore
« Reply #567 on: January 24, 2017, 08:59:58 PM »

Prince Albert released an interview as a tribute to his sister's 60th birthday!

http://people.com/royals/...er-brother-prince-albert/

Princess Gabriella doesn't have time for Monaco's outdated succession law!
Purple

Large Member

Italy Italy

Ignore
« Reply #568 on: January 25, 2017, 04:19:54 PM »

I read what he had to say about his wife too, which confirmed, for me at least, his sincerity in what he says about the women in his life.  I think he has deep feelings (ok, I won't be shy about it - LOVE) for his sisters and wife.  He sounds like a typical brother too!
Martina91

Gigantic Member

Italy Italy

Princess Gabriella rules the world!

Ignore
« Reply #569 on: January 25, 2017, 05:35:07 PM »

I really appreciated what Albert said abut Caroline. It was a nice and fair interview, imo, as Caroline was the "first lady" of Monaco for a long time and she did a very good work. I hope that put definitely to rest the rumors he does not get along with Caroline or that she interferes in his business, since it was Albert himself who declared he confides in his sister. Cute Smiley Beer Beer

Princess Gabriella doesn't have time for Monaco's outdated succession law!
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: