Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: whoah - man stride!  (Read 166688 times)
Barrie

Most Exalted Member

Canada Canada

Rufus loves Royal Dish!

Ignore
« Reply #765 on: September 14, 2020, 07:47:50 PM »

I sometimes wonder if in some cases, it has to do with wearing such high heels and she is just uncomfortable.
SvenskaSarah

Large Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ignore
« Reply #766 on: September 14, 2020, 10:03:28 PM »

I sometimes wonder if in some cases, it has to do with wearing such high heels and she is just uncomfortable.

I have to admit if I'm wearing heels I try to take bigger steps so I get to my destination faster where I can sit and take the weight (and pain!) off. But I end up doing tiny steps because I'm not confident in heels and very, very clumsy!
ConnieBrooks

Micro Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #767 on: September 14, 2020, 11:12:17 PM »

But that's what makes it so clumsy and masculine-looking. To take long strides wearing heels, she either has to pick up her knees and put her feet down flat-footed, or she swings her leg, points her foot, and has to move VERY FAST with VERY LONG STRIDES to keep from falling over. The first method is a very stompy and arm-swinging stride, like a cartoon boxer. The other one is basically a goose-step, very artificial.

Interestingly, with both methods the upper body tends to tilt forward, the shoulders slumping and the butt sticking out. It's an accomplishment that Mary does this while holding her nose up!

This is probably a huge part of why Mary and Fred are never in synch when they walk together. Neither length of stride nor pace are in unison.

The smoothest way to walk in heels is to swing the leg forward from the hip and put the heel down first - but moving at a normal speed. Heel-toe stride, and the higher the heel, the shorter. It's a very flowing look and particularly graceful with a long skirt. Also, because the stride is shorter, usually the steps are quicker. Dancers know how to do this, and models. And actresses in old movies.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 12:02:36 AM by ConnieBrooks » Logged
periwinkle

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #768 on: September 15, 2020, 01:15:05 AM »

Is that Eve Arden in your picture Connie Brooks? I just love her and all those old school actresses like Roz Russell.
ConnieBrooks

Micro Member

Ignore
« Reply #769 on: September 15, 2020, 04:52:50 AM »

Is that Eve Arden in your picture Connie Brooks? I just love her and all those old school actresses like Roz Russell.

Good eye, periwinkle! Eve Arden is one of my favorites, too. She's such a firecracker, so much fun to watch.
BubbaGumpShrimp
Banned
Warned
Baby Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #770 on: September 15, 2020, 12:05:04 PM »

I think it's because she had to learn how to take good pictures herself. Think about it, it was in the naughts. She did not have the training of an off topic actress on how to look good in pictures, and she did not go for the Middleton Methusaleh Hunchback style of jutting out the jaw for an extra defined look (because Ma Daisy does NOT approve of bad posture) and probably didn't know that it was possible to put your tongue between your teeth for a bit of elongation in the jawline. Her first public appearance for her engagement had a lot of people commenting on how insecure her smile was, and how she didn't know how to act confident in public (contrasted to Alexandra, who'd shown up on our tv screens looking like a Bawss).

Probably, the nose in the air was the way she figured out, while practicing in her mirror at night, how to make her jawline look slimmer. Her feet-shoulder-width-apart-stance probably hails from the same self-taught stance that so many starlets do to give themselves thigh gap and elongated legs (without doing the dancer taught "one leg in front of the other, lightly bent, arms out" which looks great in pictures but very self-aware and model-y and probably something would-be royalty were told to avoid).

As for the man stride, well, I'm guilty of that, too. I walk in high heels (not hunched over unless I'm rushing/half running somewhere), shoulders back, chest forward, ballet dancer training on display. But my stride is looong and gets me places, fast. I have to admit to a bit of wariness that we're still shaming women for "mannishness" in 2020.
Chandrasekhi

Huge Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #771 on: September 15, 2020, 12:57:04 PM »

I think it's because she had to learn how to take good pictures herself. Think about it, it was in the naughts. She did not have the training of an off topic actress on how to look good in pictures, and she did not go for the Middleton Methusaleh Hunchback style of jutting out the jaw for an extra defined look (because Ma Daisy does NOT approve of bad posture) and probably didn't know that it was possible to put your tongue between your teeth for a bit of elongation in the jawline. Her first public appearance for her engagement had a lot of people commenting on how insecure her smile was, and how she didn't know how to act confident in public (contrasted to Alexandra, who'd shown up on our tv screens looking like a Bawss).

Probably, the nose in the air was the way she figured out, while practicing in her mirror at night, how to make her jawline look slimmer. Her feet-shoulder-width-apart-stance probably hails from the same self-taught stance that so many starlets do to give themselves thigh gap and elongated legs (without doing the dancer taught "one leg in front of the other, lightly bent, arms out" which looks great in pictures but very self-aware and model-y and probably something would-be royalty were told to avoid).

As for the man stride, well, I'm guilty of that, too. I walk in high heels (not hunched over unless I'm rushing/half running somewhere), shoulders back, chest forward, ballet dancer training on display. But my stride is looong and gets me places, fast. I have to admit to a bit of wariness that we're still shaming women for "mannishness" in 2020.
Star we can be our own worst enemies at times.  Thinking

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

– Yoda
Royal Me!

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #772 on: September 15, 2020, 03:18:05 PM »

I didn't see "man" as shaming ... more as an adjective like "pigeon-toed".    Secret
karma chamelion

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #773 on: September 15, 2020, 03:35:09 PM »

I didn't see "man" as shaming ... more as an adjective like "pigeon-toed".    Secret

You're not alone. Much ado about nothing IMO.
Chandrasekhi

Huge Member

Vanuatu Vanuatu

Ignore
« Reply #774 on: September 15, 2020, 04:08:03 PM »

I didn't see "man" as shaming ... more as an adjective like "pigeon-toed".    Secret
Royal Me! I was doing that, so I own the statement I made for myself.  I apologise for suggesting anyone else might have used the term in the way I did.  Blush

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

– Yoda
BubbaGumpShrimp
Banned
Warned
Baby Member

Germany Germany

Ignore
« Reply #775 on: September 15, 2020, 05:20:22 PM »

Is pigeon-toed another word for large stride/wide stance? I thought pigeon-toed was when the legs are out but the toes are pointed in, aka Random Hollywood Tween Starlet on the Red Carpet?
Royal Me!

Ginormous Member

Ignore
« Reply #776 on: September 15, 2020, 06:01:38 PM »

I didn't see "man" as shaming ... more as an adjective like "pigeon-toed".    Secret
Royal Me! I was doing that, so I own the statement I made for myself.  I apologise for suggesting anyone else might have used the term in the way I did.  Blush

Star   Hug
periwinkle

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #777 on: September 15, 2020, 06:18:42 PM »

She is a little butch sometimes but that is not a bad thing it is just a thing. It is how she reconciles that with what is usually a more feminine wardrobe and hair which doesn't mostly suit her and a weird sometimes cutesy poo attitude. It's all very incongruous that is what I notice.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: