Please read here on how to use images on RoyalDish. - Please read the RoyalDish message on board purpose and rules.
Images containing full nudity or sexual activities are strongly forbidden on RoyalDish.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: George and Marina, the Duke & Duchess of Kent  (Read 18751 times)
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

United States United States

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2020, 12:19:47 AM »

Princess Marina travelled to the Gold Coast (now Ghana) for its independence celebrations in 1957.
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2021, 12:46:59 AM »

Was Prince George, Duke of Kent the father of Michael Canfield?   
http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/414924
Curtains

Gigantic Member

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2021, 04:16:04 PM »

I’ve read a bit about this in the past and I’m leaning toward “yes”.  Would really like a DNA test (because it’s of course in my purview to demand such a thing).

"Some of it's magic, and some of it's tragic: but I had a good life, all the way." - Jimmy Buffet, America's premiere poet
Gemsheal

Medium Member

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2021, 09:27:14 PM »

I’ve read a bit about this in the past and I’m leaning toward “yes”.  Would really like a DNA test (because it’s of course in my purview to demand such a thing).

It wouldn't benefit anyone to have it proven, I don't think.  -- Michael Canfield is long dead, and he had no children.   

Interesting side note, Lee Radziwill was his first wife.     

"sweet spring is your
time is my time is our
time for springtime is lovetime
and viva sweet love"
ee cummings
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2021, 01:10:05 AM »

Princess Marina sitting for a portrait by Hungarian artist Philip de Laszlo in 1934     
http://www.gettyimages.com/license/124380547
anastasia beaverhausen

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2021, 02:38:57 AM »

Me too Curtains. And since you’ve given the green light, when can we expect the results?

And wow Cyril - Marina died fairly young (62).
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2021, 09:34:14 AM »

Is it just me, or.....I don't understand this sentence in the article:

"...Yet it is said Buckingham Palace "lost count" of his indiscretions. Among George's male lovers was, it has been reported, the spy Anthony Blunt, while his mistresses included Blunt, while his mistresses included the singer Jessie Matthews...."
fairy

Most Exalted Member

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2021, 09:45:48 AM »

Someone wrote this article in the bathtub, the tube or on the go and never had it proof read...hate such poor editing…
It should probably read:
"...Yet it is said Buckingham Palace "lost count" of his indiscretions. Among George's male lovers was, it has been reported, the spy Anthony Blunt, while his mistresses included Blunt, while his mistresses included the singer Jessie Matthews...."

Mary's life motto:
"if I had the choice between world peace and a Prada handbag, I'd choose the latter one" Marian Keyes.
Principessa

Most Exalted Member

Netherlands Netherlands

I am the Queen

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2021, 10:13:16 AM »

Someone wrote this article in the bathtub, the tube or on the go and never had it proof read...hate such poor editing…
It should probably read:

Thanks, I already thought it had to be something like that Smiley
Princess MS

Warned
Huge Member

Australia Australia

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2021, 11:03:30 AM »

It should probably read:

Thanks, I already thought it had to be something like that Smiley

I worked with someone while in the UK whose parents were lower level aristos - apparently has been often been alluded to - men who wanted a "social life in London" of any persuasion married girls of good families away from there - they stayed "home" with the parents and he went back at weekends for the usual social set get together s ... Unless the wife was equally happy to look elsewhere then I wonder what was in it for her - perhaps just getting a bit too old to find someone else

My sewing teacher got married off to someone in her community who needed a facade of respectability - his family arranged it - not sure what her family did know or even more so what she did - I doubt anything as it ended within a few years.

Suspect it still happens so an heir can come along
CyrilSebastian

Humongous Member

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2021, 11:11:35 PM »

Me too Curtains. And since you’ve given the green light, when can we expect the results?

Yes, Anastasia. 62 is extremely young.
lilyrose

Mini Member

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2021, 05:04:32 AM »

Yes, Anastasia. 62 is extremely young.

I feel like quite a few of the early Greek royals had a below average life expectacy, dying prematurely and sometimes tragically like Princess Alexandra, or Princess Cecilie or King Alexander. Marina's father Nicholas died at 66, and aside from his second brother George (who lived to 88!), his other brothers young too--Constantine II died at 54, Andrew (Philip's father) died at 62 and Christopher died at 51.
Celia

Huge Member

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2021, 11:43:13 AM »

I think some of it had to do with lifestyle.  And yes, some of the Battenbergs were long lived smokers (Victoria and Alice, both late 80s), while some of the Greeks were not so long lived smokers (Marina).  Luck of the draw.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: